• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interesting People You Met During National Service

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i knew an enick who fought the commies when he was with 1 SIR.
these lao jiaos you used to be able to spot them by the decorations they wear on their no.3
they had very interesting stories to tell....relac chap who move around in his vespa.

I will never forget my RSM who is from the same batch as tiger hong and encik shamsuddin,he is a drunk and would keep boasting
of how he fought the communist in the jungle as a young soldier in the 60s.
i've just completed my BMT and being a newbie to my new camp,one day during fall in parade this bugger ask we newbies is there any question we would like to ask and i remember raising my hand and ask in a shivering tone...
encik my friend tell me NS is a waste of time..is it true...holy shit no joke...he shouted at me in a thunderous voice and
says you stupid boy....never ever trust your neighbours understand..now give me 20 push up and run 5 round the parade square
as a punishment for insurbordination..
several years later i heard he was honorably discharged cause he was drunk while driving mindef gp car after drinks at the officcer mess
the car knocked down a cyclist and ended in the longkang..
2yrs ago i saw him in sentosa and he told me he is in 69yrs old n is now a small time reno contractor,seeing me carrying a race book and knowing that i do bet on horses he ask me for a winning tip and i kindly give him a horse that eat grass.:smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a regular holding the rank of private in his 40s, doing "general duties".
i came across a NS private in his mid 30s.
AWOL case for many years, ran road to LOS worked as pimp.
Came back DB then on camp also alot of DB case on and off.......took a few years finally ROD

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i cross path with him already promoted SGT.....
saw him 10 years later still SGT....heard condemn case......
apparently quite famous for tekan but quiet as a mouse outside camp because many men wanted to whack him.

LHY was PC in 40SAR then CO 46 SAR.

Yes, there was a CPL Lee Kuan Yew in School of Armour during the late 1979 and early 1980s! Maybe, later he got promoted.

But I didn't know that he had a mental problem!

When Lee Hsien Yang, (then LTA , later CPT) was posted to Sch of Armour, first as a trainee and later remained as an instructor in AOB, within earshot of Lee Hsien Yang, when CPL Lee Kuan Yew was around, his colleagues would yell "Fucking Lee Kuan Yew!"

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot be. You don't see he always TCSS, but he is actually very smart. Those from
302 formation are Tonychat, Beshitted and LTB. We even have someone here from dog unit :biggrin:

Yes, he is different from TC, BS, LTB and C666. He is the smart type of 302! :biggrin:
I know lah, you think i m a TWIT!:biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i cross path with him already promoted SGT.....
saw him 10 years later still SGT....heard condemn case......
apparently quite famous for tekan but quiet as a mouse outside camp because many men wanted to whack him.

LHY was PC in 40SAR then CO 46 SAR.

never heard of a LKY in gedong but got heard of 46 form because of LHY. 46 was form from a BRC expand to a battlion which was also the reason why 46 was the recee battlion for division (heard from encik then). The scout platoon training was suppose very tough and only the best of the mono-intake were selected. Only in armour where the best recruits are retain wheras the not so good are push to OCS & Sispec. That explain the shocking standard of the leadership found in armour. During my BX conversion ICT, there were some lao enciks trainers chit chat with us reservists, somehow the topic turn to LHY and their view of him as an armour officer was not good. Even his stint at 46 CO was very short, machiam just long enough to lead the battlion in the vehicle parade for the NDP. After LHY left, the later COs were mostly farmers, my COs there were two ah pek majors while 42 had young scholar LTC.:rolleyes:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Came back DB then on camp also alot of DB case on and off.......took a few years finally ROD

I had to a cook that went AWOL, DB, AWOL, DB many times over. Docket thicker than phone book.

All done for the reason of going awol, making enough money to last his aging parents a couple of months until he's out from DB again.

This one also don't know what to say to the charging officer, in the end S3 went for the charge instead.

Saw the cook during my first few ICT, was doing paper work at Orderly still not ORD yet.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
another indian guy, he signed on as regular. when i know him, he was a 3sg. his father is also a regular major.

then this 3sg start to take a lot of mc. when he never come to camp, he will always call his pc and declare mc. thereafter everyone auto assume he will pass the mc to the chief clerk. happens that the nsf pc is quite helpful and on the ball, and he is worried that the regular 3sg exceeds the 14 days mc and hence may affect his appraisal or what shit. so nsf pc went to chief clerk and ask chief clerk to tabulate the indian 3sg's total number of mc days. :eek:

it was then the lobang is picha. the 3sg went to db for about 40days (if i can remember correctly). he was also demoted to pte or what. confirm got demoted but i cannot remember by how many ranks. his major father damn malu.

i know of a cadet that modified MC (with a pencil - i know, boh nao).

Got OOC pending charge. His old man was a good friend with an MP, got the MP to write to the CO recommended a fine and an OOC.

This fella became a corporal and got fined $$$.

It's good to have friends in high places.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
never heard of a LKY in gedong but got heard of 46 form because of LHY. 46 was form from a BRC expand to a battlion which was also the reason why 46 was the recee battlion for division (heard from encik then). The scout platoon training was suppose very tough and only the best of the mono-intake were selected. Only in armour where the best recruits are retain wheras the not so good are push to OCS & Sispec. That explain the shocking standard of the leadership found in armour. During my BX conversion ICT, there were some lao enciks trainers chit chat with us reservists, somehow the topic turn to LHY and their view of him as an armour officer was not good. Even his stint at 46 CO was very short, machiam just long enough to lead the battlion in the vehicle parade for the NDP. After LHY left, the later COs were mostly farmers, my COs there were two ah pek majors while 42 had young scholar LTC.:rolleyes:

Should have followed his brother and stuck to firing the big guns while static, and not firing the big guns while moving :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another indian guy, he signed on as regular. when i know him, he was a 3sg. his father is also a regular major.

then this 3sg start to take a lot of mc. when he never come to camp, he will always call his pc and declare mc. thereafter everyone auto assume he will pass the mc to the chief clerk. happens that the nsf pc is quite helpful and on the ball, and he is worried that the regular 3sg exceeds the 14 days mc and hence may affect his appraisal or what shit. so nsf pc went to chief clerk and ask chief clerk to tabulate the indian 3sg's total number of mc days. :eek:

it was then the lobang is picha. the 3sg went to db for about 40days (if i can remember correctly). he was also demoted to pte or what. confirm got demoted but i cannot remember by how many ranks. his major father damn malu.

edit to add : this guy never go see doctor and take mc at all. he knows about the loophole. he knows that after he report sick outside, nobody will follow up to check on the actual mc.

why in the fuck did this nsf pc help this chow keling? Good thing he did it and got the shit skin jailed for it. Basketballs regular trying to cheat the system.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was this indian female 2WO. Don't know how she even made it to that rank but used to tekan all NSFs and even challenge officers. Then she got insulted and file a charge which was dismissed. Racist-related

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was this Indian chap who used to go awol regularly. He was a very nice chap, well liked by everyone, quiet etc only trouble he was a massive alcoholic. Not violent or disorderly but just addicted. Heard that he took a long time to ROD.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was this indian female 2WO. Don't know how she even made it to that rank but used to tekan all NSFs and even challenge officers. Then she got insulted and file a charge which was dismissed. Racist-related

Wah racist related? Waaaaaaaaaaa someone called me a name. I can call others names and it's not racist but not the other way around.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
clinton was a dog in the dog unit...even until today when he piss he lift up one leg.

Cannot be. You don't see he always TCSS, but he is actually very smart. Those from
302 formation are Tonychat, Beshitted and LTB. We even have someone here from dog unit :biggrin:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah racist related? Waaaaaaaaaaa someone called me a name. I can call others names and it's not racist but not the other way around.

She felt she was insulted by her LCP. Case filed by her thrown out by NSF S1 and LTC. Then she herself got reprimanded silently by LTC

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Used to know 1 army regular was a nice guy but a bit blur. Unfortunately he is a chinese and so didn't have chinese dogs fawning over him and even though he was a nice guy he cocked up a bit and got demoted. Truly a pity that he wasn't born an indian and a malay and would have some chinese fawning over him.