• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Illegal Hawkers? My Story

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Singapore to develop in a more balanced way, we must set fair system of ground rules.

For example, now I know even PAP didn't send all their videos they put on their website to MDA for vetting and approval as required under law. This is impractical because MDA will take a long time to give approval. How could political parties follow such silly rules? Especially so during GE. Tonight you record rally speeches but you are required to send to MDA for vetting. By the time they come back to you, the GE is over!

We have an outdated legal system with outdated mindsets. We must change it for the better.

Goh Meng Seng

pls remind yourself and ourselves: we are law-abiding citizens and not ABOVE THE LAW heeloes. and you are not the law minister or a mp to endorse another new law or policy in parliament.

NamQiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. You tell your cock-and-bull story here about how your parents worked very hard as illegal hawkers to support the family and bring their children up. Is this how you repay your parents then, disgracing your parents with your adulterous affair, causing your wife and kid to leave for Hong Kong? Oh what a filial son you are, leaving your elderly mother to be cared for by your siblings while you leave for Hong Kong to enjoy yourself if you fail to win the MP allowance prize money. Yes it is hard to take care of old folks, and I am pretty sure you are anxious to get out of it ASAP.

2. You said you all are not hawkers but volunteers for you political parties, so you all have not done anything illegal. I asked you this - are you collecting donation, or are you selling newsletters? You carry a bunch of newsletters peddling to people you met in the public, and you don't consider your action as hawking? What kind of warped logic is that?

3. Your last paragraph indicates courage. Good. So why suspend selling your newsletter? Go ahead and sell, receive more summons, fight them out in court, and prove your case to the voters. If voters in Tampines are convinced by your proposition to prevent their HDB prices from rising, as well as seeing illegal hawkers appearing in their neighbourhood, then they will vote for you.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Mr. Leetahbar,

I have said it and will say it again THERE IS NO LICENSE to be applied for! We would be glad to apply if there is relevant license for us to apply.

The truth is, even some laws are so ridiculous and silly that even PAP's own activists are not following it! Like the political film act. Just ask them whether each and every of their videos shown on their website are approved and licensed by MDA or not. Simple as that.

Goh Meng Seng

NamQiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have said it and will say it again THERE IS NO LICENSE to be applied for!

The criteria for a hawker license is listed clearly at NEA. It is just that you do not fullfilled the requirements to be a hawker. Why don't you try selling your party newsletter in your computer shop?

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr. Leetahbar,

I have said it and will say it again THERE IS NO LICENSE to be applied for! We would be glad to apply if there is relevant license for us to apply.

The truth is, even some laws are so ridiculous and silly that even PAP's own activists are not following it! Like the political film act. Just ask them whether each and every of their videos shown on their website are approved and licensed by MDA or not. Simple as that.

Goh Meng Seng

i am really surprised that finally, we have someone who is brave enough like GMS to be an opposition so that we can finally have a chance to vote, and yet there are people here trying to use laws that are not abided by the law makers themselves to critize GMS.

the truth is, it does not matter whether GMS did all thats neccssary to get the relevent license to "hawk", as long as "they" want to put him in bad light, they can say GMS is wrong in anything and they are still right.

do you not think its possible that even if he gets the license, one day they say "GMS is wasting resources to apply for license for a small thingie, how can a man like him be a MP". and you know what? with the help of the whole sph mechanism, people will just think that GMS is indeed wrong!

my advice for GMS is this: just do your due diligence on all this limitations that they are trying to put on you and be street smart. and i am sure with your background playing hide and seek with tee gu, you can do it.

the laws are made by "them" to restrict us and earn money from us, not made after seeking our opinions and for our interests

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr. Leetahbar,

Goh Meng Seng

in that case, u have to complain about this "no license" reasoning. but how come SDP could get theirs plying and lelonging their goods without any enforcement officers interferring in TOA PAYOH HUB?

have u overlooked something and isn't meticulous about the standard procedure?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
my dear ah seng, u have opened yourself now to cherry picking by your fans. you ve the sweetest cherries they just love and dying to pluck:biggrin: your cherries are also my pet snake's favorite snack.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in that case, u have to complain about this "no license" reasoning. but how come SDP could get theirs plying and lelonging their goods without any enforcement officers interferring in TOA PAYOH HUB?

have u overlooked something and isn't meticulous about the standard procedure?

SDP didn't apply for any licence for the Tak Boleh Tahan Bishan-Toa Payoh sales. The Town Council called police. Police didn't classify it as unlawful assembly (there was no protest activity, just sales) and referred it to NEA as illegal hawking. Looks like NEA just file it and forget it.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP didn't apply for any licence for the Tak Boleh Tahan Bishan-Toa Payoh sales. The Town Council called police. Police didn't classify it as unlawful assembly (there was no protest activity, just sales) and referred it to NEA as illegal hawking. Looks like NEA just file it and forget it.

maybe they also just filed ah seng's and forget about it too. but i think it was leeported there's going to be 1k fine. true?

in the sdp hawking, if they were harrassed they were sure bound to splash it all over in their website and here. but all was quiet then when they did a roaring business there.

darthboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Goh Meng Seng,

I've questions for you. What is the name of your Public Liability insurance carrier and the name of the person responsible for the deductible? :eek: