• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore Hawker food tastes good because its the most unhealthy in the world

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
may be once in a while but not everyday like the local folks at cebu who die young with heart diseases. over consumption of animal saturated fat is still deadly.
For 3rd world country ppl....eat n die happy is a blessings...if not live long n deal with poverty is a date worst than death

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
hainanese rice hawkers use chicken fat and unwanted chicken skin to cook their rice. you can steam your rice with chicken stock and add some avocado oil to get the same result, albeit healthier.
Chicken fats makes the chicken lice healthier n tastier. The fats reduce the GI of the rice ..if replace with jasmine rice will be worst. The issue is singkies when Makan, will add more soya sauce, etc. Than drink sweet drinks, Kopi, the, coke etc. When I eat chicken lice . I often tapow n eat it with a proper salad. Fresh green veges ..which is the same size portion as the lice...eat carbs must eat fibre to bring the GI down.... Don't just blame hawker food etc. Blame the way U all eat it. Ok I throw singkies a bone. Fresh salads etc is more expensive in singkies land than in ang mor lands...but can still use alternatives. When eat hawker food. Blanched some choy sum, n eat together with the cha kway teow etc ....can also eat with cucumber n lettuce...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chicken fats makes the chicken lice healthier n tastier. The fats reduce the GI of the rice ..if replace with jasmine rice will be worst. The issue is singkies when Makan, will add more soya sauce, etc. Than drink sweet drinks, Kopi, the, coke etc. When I eat chicken lice . I often tapow n eat it with a proper salad. Fresh green veges ..which is the same size portion as the lice...eat carbs must eat fibre to bring the GI down.... Don't just blame hawker food etc. Blame the way U all eat it. Ok I throw singkies a bone. Fresh salads etc is more expensive in singkies land than in ang mor lands...but can still use alternatives. When eat hawker food. Blanched some choy sum, n eat together with the cha kway teow etc ....can also eat with cucumber n lettuce...
almost 30% of chicken fat is saturated fat. desirable fat have two types: mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated. the former is produced naturally by your body plus eating vege, seed and fruit oil such as olive oil and avocado oil. the latter can be found in nuts and fish. other than fish, high portions of animal fat are saturated fat.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
great for cebuians in a 3rd world island, but not sinkies in a 1st world city.
If singkies accept their fate eat n be happy n die happy..the world will be a better place,,,live long for fuck?? I know of some ppl,,,who kpkb their blood pressure,,,,and everyday check,,,morning check, afternoon check and at night check,,when its down they are happy,,than when go up become sad and depressed and fume and fret over it,,,,than they wonder why their pressure is high,,,,the best cure is death,,,there will be no pressure at all

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
almost 30% of chicken fat is saturated fat. desirable fat have two types: mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated. the former is produced naturally by your body plus eating vege, seed and fruit oil such as olive oil and avocado oil. the latter can be found in nuts and fish. other than fish, high portions of animal fat are saturated fat.
That why eat cheekon lice with fresh salad,,,,fibre to counter the fat and sugars,,,,,,than go shit after eating,,,bestest

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
moderation is the keyword to life.....eat and do whatever you like moderately
just pray we dont die a painful death eventually. sleep and never wake up is the best way to go

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I grow more advanced in my age, I realize now that I have been eating all these delicious hawker food, which is like putting poison in my body. And now I am paying for it.
Singapore food is mostly 90% greasy, oily, cooked in lard, deep fried, full of carbs and little protein etc. Even the desserts are way to sweet. Even the national dish hainanese chicken rice would be far healthier if they used regular rice rather then oil rice. Fav desserts like chendol are way too sweet. I think many sinkies are suffering from undiagnozed diabetes 2 or are in pre diabetic situation.Char Kway teow, swimming in oil and lard and mostly carbs,if the hawker don't up it to be too sweet Satay - why can't they just grill it without without slathering the oil on it and it becomes so greasy The list goes on. I think I will stick to mostly steamed and boiled items now. eg. Yong tou foo, chee cheong fun, etc. Also the nasi padang dishes i can select what i want and avoid the deep fried stuff. Why can't these fucking hawkers produce a low sugar version of their foods?
Sadly, if the food is tasty, it probably isn't good for us.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
moderation is the keyword to life.....eat and do whatever you like moderately
just pray we dont die a painful death eventually. sleep and never wake up is the best way to go
Death is a 1 in 1 statistic. When I have to meet my maker, I wish to go quickly in the least painful manner. I believe that cancer is the worst way to die as far as ailments are concerned.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Death is a 1 in 1 statistic. When I have to meet my maker, I wish to go quickly in the least painful manner. I believe that cancer is the worst way to die as far as ailments are concerned.

Sadly most of us will end up dying of cancer if we try to lead healthy lives.

In order to avoid cancer you need to clog up your arteries as much as possible so you keel over from a heart attack well before cancer takes hold.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly most of us will end up dying of cancer if we try to lead healthy lives.
In order to avoid cancer you need to clog up your arteries as much as possible so you keel over from a heart attack well before cancer takes hold.
Cancer normally hits older people though we are seeing more cases now among the younger generation. As such, what you say may be true, that if we die young, we have a better chance to avoid that dreaded cancer.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, the idea of group lunch is a better option. You go to the same place everyday for lunch and cook by a operator.

Pay a weekly meal price and the operator cook many different variety of dishes everyday depend on seasonal produce.

I was in Brunei for 3 months and just eat at the operator house everyday for lunch... really healthy food instead of going to hawker center to eat rubbish carbo food.
Food sold in brunei are all rubbish. Malay Chinese Indian food. Yucks.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Cancer normally hits older people though we are seeing more cases now among the younger generation. As such, what you say may be true, that if we die young, we have a better chance to avoid that dreaded cancer.

Having witnessed the journey towards the final day in numerous cancer patients I have concluded that the suffering is confined to the last 1 or 2 months before the end.

I therefore take comfort in the fact that in NZ the law allows someone with a terminal illness to terminate themselves before this occurs. A relative of a good friend opted for this just a couple of weeks ago. He showed me the photos of the party the deceased threw a day before the procedure. Everyone gathered around, had a few drinks and said their goodbyes. The next day a couple of doctors arrived at her home at the appointed time, administered two injections and that was it. The undertaker arrived a few minutes later to take the body away.

There was no need for a funeral service because all those who would have attended the funeral had attended her farewell party instead.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I therefore take comfort in the fact that in NZ the law allows someone with a terminal illness to terminate themselves before this occurs. A relative of a good friend opted for this just a couple of weeks ago. He showed me the photos of the party the deceased threw a day before the procedure. Everyone gathered around, had a few drinks and said their goodbyes. The next day a couple of doctors arrived at her home at the appointed time, administered two injections and that was it. The undertaker arrived a few minutes later to take the body away.
There was no need for a funeral service because all those who would have attended the funeral had attended her farewell party instead.
If only this is lawful in S'pore, but there needs to be safeguards to prevent family members or relatives trying to lay their hands on their inheritance in double quick time.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If only this is lawful in S'pore, but there needs to be safeguards to prevent family members or relatives trying to lay their hands on their inheritance in double quick time.

It is up to the person concerned to spell all out the terms of inheritance in a will.