• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore Hawker food tastes good because its the most unhealthy in the world

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As I grow more advanced in my age, I realize now that I have been eating all these delicious hawker food, which is like putting poison in my body. And now I am paying for it.

Singapore food is mostly 90% greasy, oily, cooked in lard, deep fried, full of carbs and little protein etc. Even the desserts are way to sweet. Even the national dish hainanese chicken rice would be far healthier if they used regular rice rather then oil rice. Fav desserts like chendol are way too sweet. I think many sinkies are suffering from undiagnozed diabetes 2 or are in pre diabetic situation.

Char Kway teow, swimming in oil and lard and mostly carbs,if the hawker don't up it to be too sweet
Satay - why can't they just grill it without without slathering the oil on it and it becomes so greasy
The list goes on.

I think I will stick to mostly steamed and boiled items now. eg. Yong tou foo, chee cheong fun, etc. Also the nasi padang dishes i can select what i want and avoid the deep fried stuff. Why can't these fucking hawkers produce a low sugar version of their foods?

You should cook your own meals at home. And join some line dancing or qigong classes at our CCs. Drop by the RC for our senior citizens morning exercise classes.

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asians in general eat too much gluten. Doesn’t matter if you eat at a hawker centre in SG, or some high end place. The essence of Asian cooking is starch. That’s why fusion cooking is great invention, you take what’s best for your diet and you adapt things to your own taste

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You should cook your own meals at home. And join some line dancing or qigong classes at our CCs. Drop by the RC for our senior citizens morning exercise classes.
That one is a fate worse then death. Those bloody aunties and uncles are so brain washed PAP balls lickers. I might end up stabbing one of them.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Asians in general eat too much gluten. Doesn’t matter if you eat at a hawker centre in SG, or some high end place. The essence of Asian cooking is starch. That’s why fusion cooking is great invention, you take what’s best for your diet and you adapt things to your own taste
Its the same with every type of cuisine lah. eg. italians = pasta. germans and brits = potato. indians = bread etc

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You're advanced in age, so why would you care?
How long do you want to live?
Its not how long u live, its about the quality of life. its no good to have all kinds of bad health issues brought on by an unhealthy diet towards the end of your life.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The main issue is processed food. N hydrogenated oils. Used this bad shit yr body fucks up more
I have to agree with you on this. and on this count sinkie hawker food i have to say in general don't have a lot of processed food
Yes, as we get older it is better to eat as healthy as possible. Food I would never touch when young, I find myself eating them more often, starting from more than a decade ago. Yong tau foo, bee hoon soup, fish soup. And my fave wanton noodle and bak chor mee. Mostly non-fried food. Avoid hor fun and kway teow because they are loaded with carbs. Having a healthier diet meant I have avoided popping pills. Will try to maintain this as long as I can. Aging is hell.
I have to agree with you on this. What I have been doing is splitting the carbs with my dining companion. Occasionally for nasi padang or economy rice, u can ask the hawker for less rice. And if my meal does not have enough protein, I can order extra protein like a few sticks of satay. but the bloody satay always comes oily. I am wondering whether to bring a paper towel with me to dap away all the grease before i eat it.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That one is a fate worse then death. Those bloody aunties and uncles are so brain washed PAP balls lickers. I might end up stabbing one of them.

Our residents love PAP because PAP brought them out of 3rd World into First World!! Majulah PAP!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not how long u live, its about the quality of life. its no good to have all kinds of bad health issues brought on by an unhealthy diet towards the end of your life.
It is equally insufferable when throughout your life you eat tasteless food.
Might as well die early.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I have to agree with you on this. and on this count sinkie hawker food i have to say in general don't have a lot of processed food

I have to agree with you on this. What I have been doing is splitting the carbs with my dining companion. Occasionally for nasi padang or economy rice, u can ask the hawker for less rice. And if my meal does not have enough protein, I can order extra protein like a few sticks of satay. but the bloody satay always comes oily. I am wondering whether to bring a paper towel with me to dap away all the grease before i eat it.
In addition to being oily, satay is also loaded with sugar contained in its marinate. Plus charred meat is carcinogenic. Knn life become less fun as we get older.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is the healthiest and bestest as it's animal fats...better than eating process oils etc..
may be once in a while but not everyday like the local folks at cebu who die young with heart diseases. over consumption of animal saturated fat is still deadly.