• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore Hawker food tastes good because its the most unhealthy in the world

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
As I grow more advanced in my age, I realize now that I have been eating all these delicious hawker food, which is like putting poison in my body. And now I am paying for it.

Singapore food is mostly 90% greasy, oily, cooked in lard, deep fried, full of carbs and little protein etc. Even the desserts are way to sweet. Even the national dish hainanese chicken rice would be far healthier if they used regular rice rather then oil rice. Fav desserts like chendol are way too sweet. I think many sinkies are suffering from undiagnozed diabetes 2 or are in pre diabetic situation.

Char Kway teow, swimming in oil and lard and mostly carbs,if the hawker don't up it to be too sweet
Satay - why can't they just grill it without without slathering the oil on it and it becomes so greasy
The list goes on.

I think I will stick to mostly steamed and boiled items now. eg. Yong tou foo, chee cheong fun, etc. Also the nasi padang dishes i can select what i want and avoid the deep fried stuff. Why can't these fucking hawkers produce a low sugar version of their foods?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yong tou foo n chee cheong fun iz loaded with carbs. u r better off eating a Hainanese chicken drumstick :biggrin:
yong tau foo is a lot of vegetable, fish paste, tofu, etc. its healthy lah. chee cheong fun is carbs unless u add charsiu and prawns

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hawker food is still healthier than these:

03-ev-cinnabon-singapore-raffles-city-HungryGoWhere.jpg
cinnabon-flatlay.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
As I grow more advanced in my age, I realize now that I have been eating all these delicious hawker food, which is like putting poison in my body. And now I am paying for it.

Singapore food is mostly 90% greasy, oily, cooked in lard, deep fried, full of carbs and little protein etc. Even the desserts are way to sweet. Even the national dish hainanese chicken rice would be far healthier if they used regular rice rather then oil rice. Fav desserts like chendol are way too sweet. I think many sinkies are suffering from undiagnozed diabetes 2 or are in pre diabetic situation.

Char Kway teow, swimming in oil and lard and mostly carbs,if the hawker don't up it to be too sweet
Satay - why can't they just grill it without without slathering the oil on it and it becomes so greasy
The list goes on.

I think I will stick to mostly steamed and boiled items now. eg. Yong tou foo, chee cheong fun, etc. Also the nasi padang dishes i can select what i want and avoid the deep fried stuff. Why can't these fucking hawkers produce a low sugar version of their foods?

There is logic in this indulgence. For many one of life's basic pleasures is eating and it ranks a close second to fucking. I discussed this with one of my doctor friends a while ago and he provided me with some enlightenment.

The issue came about when I asked him why the medical fraternity was so ready to dish out pills for every ailment rather than trying to fix things with a dose of good advice regarding diet, exercise and other lifestyle modifications.

The answer was that whenever he provided a healthy living option to fixing hypertension, pre diabetes etc 95% of his patients baulked at the idea of actually having to change their lifestyles and forego their favorite dishes. They far preferred to carry on with their greasy gastronomical delights and pop a pill to counteract the ill effects of their culinary choices.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I suppose you can avoid the oily chicken rice by just buying the chicken and then getting plain rice from another stall. i have to start looking into that

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suppose you can avoid the oily chicken rice by just buying the chicken and then getting plain rice from another stall. i have to start looking into that
hainanese rice hawkers use chicken fat and unwanted chicken skin to cook their rice. you can steam your rice with chicken stock and add some avocado oil to get the same result, albeit healthier.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

The list goes on.

You're advanced in age, so why would you care?
How long do you want to live?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yes, as we get older it is better to eat as healthy as possible. Food I would never touch when young, I find myself eating them more often, starting from more than a decade ago. Yong tau foo, bee hoon soup, fish soup. And my fave wanton noodle and bak chor mee. Mostly non-fried food. Avoid hor fun and kway teow because they are loaded with carbs. Having a healthier diet meant I have avoided popping pills. Will try to maintain this as long as I can. Aging is hell.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don’t say jus hawker food la. Look at this shit that we produce as a snack.
Fried + salted egg

1689238586774.jpeg

lol wanna die better eat more

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

The list goes on.

Actually, the idea of group lunch is a better option. You go to the same place everyday for lunch and cook by a operator.

Pay a weekly meal price and the operator cook many different variety of dishes everyday depend on seasonal produce.

I was in Brunei for 3 months and just eat at the operator house everyday for lunch... really healthy food instead of going to hawker center to eat rubbish carbo food.