• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Audi and VW Cars

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pi Joe, sinkieland uniquely got the world's most expensive car prices (property prices on the way there too). You compare any brands across the board sinkieland will also be most expensive. it should also be the most expensive place on earth to run and maintain a car.
But stay away from the COE and ERP curb congestion debates...those fucktard 60.1% Paul Lampards will jump in with their sinkieland limited land arguments etc...

This is great revelation, thanks Leongsam. When finally "forced" to try a Lexus after disappointing experiences owning a few continental cars, I never look back. Problem in this part of the world Lexus is quite expensive compare to the other markets. The three markets I am more familiar with has prices as follows and surprisingly Indonesia where I am living now is more reasonably priced for Lexus:

LexusPrice.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
But stay away from the COE and ERP curb congestion debates...those fucktard 60.1% Paul Lampards will jump in with their sinkieland limited land arguments etc...

Pii Narong, 60.1% still "living in the coconut shell" you know what I mean by this in Thai about that frog who does that.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't blame you for having these sorts of impressions. That's what marketing does and companies such as BMW are masters of the game. I was hoodwinked too.

However, after having owned or driven a bunch of so called continental marquees, I emerged wiser but poorer. Strip away all the hype and a BMW is just another car. It handles well but no better than a rear wheel drive jap car that has been tuned for handling rather than comfort. The difference is in the reliability. A Beemer is great to drive only when everything is working properly and such instances are few and far between.

With regards to Toyota being lifeless, check out the review on the new 86. If hype works on you, you'll love it.

View attachment 6311

Toyota 86 is one of the most over-rated cars, although it must be the most stylish car that ever came out of Japan.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is great revelation, thanks Leongsam. When finally "forced" to try a Lexus after disappointing experiences owning a few continental cars, I never look back. Problem in this part of the world Lexus is quite expensive compare to the other markets. The three markets I am more familiar with has prices as follows and surprisingly Indonesia where I am living now is more reasonably priced for Lexus:

LexusPrice.jpg

maybe the import tax the reason why singapore car ownership so expensive, tax is 110% of the value of the car?

since u in indo, maybe u can look at daihastsu, made in indonesia, so should be cheaper there. the terios which based on toyota rush shd be useful if u let your indo maid to drive. hahaha.... i seems to remember seeing daihastsu pickup in the 70s/80s at kampong, i wonder do they still make pickup.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VW seems intent to take over the world, with its recent acquisition of Porsche, it is now the biggest carmaker in the world and covers the entire spectrum of price point and markets, from SEAT/Skoda to VW to Audi to Lamborghini to Porsche and Bentley. It makes great economic sense as well as production efficiency as platforms, powertrains, drivetrains and parts are shared across brands and models.

technically, it the other way round, the smaller porsche "owned" VW.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Toyota 86 is one of the most over-rated cars, although it must be the most stylish car that ever came out of Japan.

The most important feature is the real wheel drive configuration... a rarity out of Japan.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The most important feature is the real wheel drive configuration... a rarity out of Japan.

the mazda RX is rear wheel so is the mx5. some lexus model also RWD. toyota van such as the hiace also RWD. if japan only FWD, then the tokyo drift or the famous manga intial D would not exist.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank this guy for the revival of VW fortunes. Even Porsche brand is under VW.

Ferdinand Karl Piëch (born 17 April 1937) is an Austrian business magnate, engineer and executive who is currently the chairman of the supervisory board of Volkswagen Group.
A grandson of Ferdinand Porsche, Piëch started his career at Porsche, before leaving for Audi after an agreement that no member of the Porsche or Piëch families should be involved in the day-to-day operations of the company. Piëch eventually became the head of Audi, where he is credited with evolving and growing Audi into a competitor to equal, if not surpass, Mercedes-Benz and BMW thanks in part to innovative designs such as the Quattro and 100. In 1993, Piëch became the chairman and CEO of Volkswagen Group, which he is credited with turning into the large conglomerate it is today; He oversaw the purchase of Lamborghini and Bentley, as well as the founding of Bugatti Automobiles, all of which he integrated with the Volkswagen, Skoda, SEAT and Audi brands into a ladder-type structure similar to that used by Alfred Sloan at General Motors. Piëch was required to retire at age 65 per Volkswagen company policy, but has remained on its supervisory board and is still involved in the company's strategic decisions.
Trained as an engineer, Piëch influenced the development of numerous significant cars including the Audi Quattro, Volkswagen New Beetle, Audi R8, Lamborghini Gallardo, Volkswagen Phaeton, and notably, the Bugatti Veyron, which as of 2011 is the fastest, most powerful and most expensive road legal automobile ever built. Due to his influence on the automobile industry, Piëch was named the Car Executive of the Century in 1999.[

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
liddat beri luan leh. VW owned porsche AG but porsche SE hold 50% of VW. kanina the krauts must be exploiting loophole to evade tax to have this type of companies ownership arrangement.

Looks like there is a mistake in the chart. Porsche SE owns about 32% stake and is an anchor shareholder of VW, not 50.7%.
It started off in 2005 with Porsche AG wanting to takeover VW, but VW proved too gigantic to swallow and Porsche AG ended up with huge debt. Coupled with some illegal shares accumulation issues, VW's Ferdinand Piech's clan won the game against the Porsche family. VW eventually swallowed Porsche and i recall the Porsche clan family member lost his job in Porsche AG for the screw up. Nevertheless Porsche clan is still huge and powerful holding substantial stake in VW group, 32.3%

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
the mazda RX is rear wheel so is the mx5. some lexus model also RWD. toyota van such as the hiace also RWD. if japan only FWD, then the tokyo drift or the famous manga intial D would not exist.

I said "a rarity". I didn't say there were none. My Hilux Surf is rear wheel drive too but it isn't sporty. If I floor it out of a corner, it will fishtail and then flip.

The last rear wheel sporty car that I owned for a short while was the MR2. It was a bit twitchy because the engine was too far back for a balanced feel.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Piech and the current Porsche clans are cousins. Amazing. One great-grandfather can produce offsprings dominating 2 hugely successful brand.

I would have prefer the 2 companies to stay separate. For the good of automotive industry. One dominant man is bound to hamper creativity.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I said "a rarity". I didn't say there were none. My Hilux Surf is rear wheel drive too but it isn't sporty. If I floor it out of a corner, it will fishtail and then flip.

whisper "maybe it not the your surf cannot, it u that cannot"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GzO3bGrHQKI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>