• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Audi and VW Cars

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i do admit VW do have problem. engine wise ok but it the electronic and trimmings inside the car broke easily. my rear wiper broke after 1yr but i not sure due to poor quality or some stupid neighbourhood kids sabo. the electronic side mirror knob broke and the front passenger seat also rosak within a yr. but all are replace FOC.

as for honda being reliable, maybe it due to workers in honda plant located at swindon? honda not exactly made in japan lor.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
electrical components and wiring in audi and bmw suck. some issues are results of poor electrical contacts in sockets. simple issue, but it takes german engineers forever to figure out. :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as for honda being reliable, maybe it due to workers in honda plant located at swindon? honda not exactly made in japan lor.

jap factories outside japan get many of their electrical and electronic components from their supply chain in japan. the archilles heels of automobiles are in these components. i've said it before. german electrical components suck.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
electrical components and wiring in audi and bmw suck. some issues are results of poor electrical contacts in sockets. simple issue, but it takes german engineers forever to figure out. :rolleyes:

It isn't just the electricals. The alternator on my Beemer was secured with RUBBER clamps. It helped kill the noise and vibration levels when the car was brand new. After 18 months, they disintegrated. They had to be replaced every 12 months thereafter at 4 x $79 each.

The Germans simply don't think things through. The ultimate driving machine isn't designed to be the ultimate over the long term.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
257121254727.jpg

Although Isuzu pickup truck is not in this list I am sure it cannot be far off from the top cos almost half the pickup trucks in Thailand are Isuzus D-Max and they are always put to very hard condition by the villagers.

a910ae0f.jpg

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jap factories outside japan get many of their electrical and electronic components from their supply chain in japan. the archilles heels of automobiles are in these components. i've said it before. german electrical components suck.

ten yrs ago, maybe parts do made in japan. now? i not so sure.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Germans simply don't think things through. The ultimate driving machine isn't designed to be the ultimate over the long term.

i typically refrain from buying a german model on its 1st year. a water valve on my colleague's spanking new beemer broke because it was made of plastic to lessen the weight, and engine overheated.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i typically refrain from buying a german model on its 1st year. a water valve on my colleague's spanking new beemer broke because it was made of plastic to lessen the weight, and engine overheated.

Refrain from buying a German vehicle regardless of model year. They're all crap. Probably the most reliable is the Porsche but they cost an arm and leg to fix when something does go wrong. You might say that if you're rich, cost is not an issue. The problem is you're getting ripped off. The part you're getting is simply a cheap VW component in a Porsche box.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All drivers know Continental cars CMI.......the germans are the best of the lot but still got problems and lose out to the japs.
Someone told me its because continental cars are not acclimatise to our local weather.....but jap also got 4 seasons and if going by this flawed logic then malaysian cars should be the bestest.
I am no trained engineer or mechanic but from my experience......japs car gave the least problems....the bestest being Lexus-Toyota followed by Honda in a close 2nd......never tried Infinity or Acura but i think they should not be far off from Lexus.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Someone told me its because continental cars are not acclimatise to our local weather.....

That bullshit was started by the sinkie car salesmen who had to think up excuses for why a 6 month old continental car was leaking oil.

Europe gets just as hot in summer. In fact, in many places, it's far hotter. Spain, France and Italy regularly reach the mid 40s in July/Aug. Singapore is cool in comparison.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are two things the Taliban are good at... terrorism and choosing reliable vehicles.

dont give taliban the credit. toyota pickup truck had been rebels/terrorists/freedom fighters vehicle of choice way b4 the word "taliban" was invented.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's a pity........back in the day my brother used to owned a piazza.....'sportscar' with filp headlamps

look a bit like the toyota 86 of initial D fame.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1FE-XurEfQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look a bit like the toyota 86 of initial D fame.
Yes those days in the 80s it was all the rage......all jap brands had at least a model of 'sportcar' with flip lights.......there were the Mitsubishi Starion, Honda Prelude, Mazda RX-7, Toyota Celica Supra etc....

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Refrain from buying a German vehicle regardless of model year. They're all crap. Probably the most reliable is the Porsche but they cost an arm and leg to fix when something does go wrong. You might say that if you're rich, cost is not an issue. The problem is you're getting ripped off. The part you're getting is simply a cheap VW component in a Porsche box.

you are TRUELY
a hypocrite of the HYPOCRITES.
rich people buying expensive cars is a ripped off.
yet when ordinary poor sinkies getting short-changed by Great Leader and company
it is the faults of the sinkies.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
you are TRUELY
a hypocrite of the HYPOCRITES.
rich people buying expensive cars is a ripped off.
yet when ordinary poor sinkies getting short-changed by Great Leader and company
it is the faults of the sinkies.

If rich pricks get ripped off, it's their own damned fault too.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro frog,

isuzu no longer make passenger cars, now only make commerical vehicle.

Yes I understand but I am just sharing that its is reliable according to users la in Thailand. By the way this truck swee-boh? I damn miss it la knn now driving Inova in Jakarta and my Thai maid enjoying the D-Max, she just drove it from Udon to Bangkok yesterday afternoon almost 600km must be damn shiok.