• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro sleaguepunter

I am ex-armor signaller. Pressure forward..hehe... The unit next to Kranji DB and neighbors to artillery...

Technically not AI or tankee but did ride the occasional M113.

Sawatdee khrap

argh.... i know which unit liao.

not AI or tankee neber mind. as long part of the armour family can liao.

Precision, Speed, Accuracy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at friend's tattoo shop.

20121227_222038.jpg

whole soi at least 20 tattoo shopa.
20121227_222031.jpg

those need a tattoo can pm me. sure got discount.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Missed my Thai food so much after 7 days in Jakarta so the first thing after touch down is straight to Isaan restaurant for dinner.

null-396.jpg

Khao Ji (roasted sticky rice cake)

null-1149.jpg

BBQ frogs

null-2065.jpg

Larb Moo

null-1111.jpg

Gai Yang (BBQ chicken)

null-1216.jpg

null-1078.jpg

This one should be Alamaking's favourite fresh water fish steamed with herbs

null-253.jpg

All the above eaten with lots of fresh Thai basils

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro joetys

The "田鸡" or BBQ frog looks scrumptious!

The khao ji (roasted sticky rice) looks interesting. How is it cooked? Cook sticky thai rice then put whole thing in oven to "peng"? :-)

Sawatdee khrap!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro joetys

The "田鸡" or BBQ frog looks scrumptious!

The khao ji (roasted sticky rice) looks interesting. How is it cooked? Cook sticky thai rice then put whole thing in oven to "peng"? :-)

Sawatdee khrap!

After preparing cooked glutinous rice into a cake form, dip it into eggs then just peng-kang over charcoal.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
For most Thais, today is the last working day for the year. However many companies either close today or operate half day with New Year's Eve given off day too. So this is like a super long weekend and most workers taking this opportunity to go back home to their villages, balek kampong.

Like wise for me we operate half a day today and just before lunch had a big lunch together to celebrate new year. For us we have toh-jin, literally means table Chinese. In Thai when one use the word gin-toh-jin, eat table chinese, it means having a meal with people cooking there and serving very much like our 7th month por-tor or funeral dinner or early days wedding in kampong or void decks where we get caterers to come and cook. This is what we call toh-jin

null-2455.png

null-2500.png

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
late lunch at lobby bar with piña colada and ratna. Ratna aroi with deep fried noodles on top of regular stuff (my1st time). Now at busy swampy enroute to CNX.

FCE4C07F-E823-4C1F-9654-8D5BE26B4E2A-754-0000017C2681A69B_zps913280df.jpg

F5CE46B1-3AD1-4F21-8190-49CF0E471B35-754-0000017C692E7CBD_zpsdba9168e.jpg

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
joetys has posted on this before but I thought I'd provide my trip experience flying TG SIN-BKK.

TG Lounge @ Changi Terminal 1
IMG_0345-Copy_zpsb48ca75e.jpg

Onboard TG in Y
IMG_0350_zpsa4495e97.jpg

Good
1) Food + inflight entertainment (IFE) is good. 3 options in Y (atypical for Y) + free flow liquor (again atypical). Good choice of current movies.
2) IFE starts on ground
3) Flight attendant uniforms.

Neutral
1) TG lounge is smallish but not that crowded. Nice decor
2) Has massage chairs
3) no bathrooms
4) Food limited - no hot options. Mostly pastries.

Bad
1) Check-in: only one line for non-business Gold flyers and above.
2) TG uses a bus deplaning at BKK. Plane uses what is known as a hardstand.

Very Bad
1) TG boarding is chaotic to say the least. Among the worst I've seen - no priority boarding whatsoever.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nice frs. now at homepro buying paint for the shop. when it comes to colors, i want to choose personally. will be free after i done shopping. roti, let me know if you want to go anywhere.:smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
We all had a great meal but no alcohol for today as most of them have to travel home some arriving home early morning tomorrow. Come tomorrow morning and for the next 5 days Bangkok will be strangely quiet as workers would have gone home and Bangkokians like me also left for holidays.

Traffic going out of Bangkok is very heavy now especially at the toll gates which are bottlenecks. See this taken a few minutes ago (by true way, I'm posting this while driving$.

null-1981.jpg

null-234.jpg

To ease the traffic from Chriatmas eve till the 3rd of Jan midnight there's no collection at all tolls so its free. Accidents a during this period is common as many drunkards are in the road. News today says past 24hrs there were 32 deaths on the road. Same problem during the Songkrang holiday period.

Fusoh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
joetys,looks like i have alot more to learn when in LOS,especially from u,yy,chonburifc and all.......... love the food,bro chonburifc brought me to a nice restaurant with a sumptous meal,didnt take pic though,will make it up in future,Happy New Year to all! CHEERS!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
joetys,looks like i have alot more to learn when in LOS,especially from u,yy,chonburifc and all.......... love the food,bro chonburifc brought me to a nice restaurant with a sumptous meal,didnt take pic though,will make it up in future,Happy New Year to all! CHEERS!
hehehe. thanks for the 2 bottles of whisky. not a single drop left on xmas eve party. had to go 7-11 to order another bottle of black. fist time see my staff and associates so ba ba bor bor (crazy).think it's because it is party is held at one of my staff's rsstaurant so machiam like private party. with my voice, i did two rod stewart karaoke. hopefully, the applause is genuine.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as joetys mentioned earlier, today is last working day for 2012. this month we pay salary early for staff to celebrate the long holidays. ad for myself, i will be spending nxt few days at my new shop to do area cleaning. :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Sabaidee Pi Mai.

Aiyo becareful you learn all the things from us. Have a great holiday buddy.

For me now on my way home stop by road side for my late dinner.

null-2306.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ehh joetsy, ask your maid the recipe for Gai Yang, kum siah ahh

AK, this is what she just told me.

1. Everyone has his/her own formula and claim his/hers the best so there is no specific recipe but does contain some basic ingredient.

2. Most important is where for get and lean mean kampong chicken but cannot be too thin, I think Singapore may be difficult to get but here is plentiful.

3. Now the ingredient for marination - garlic, salt, pepper (lots), soya sauce these 4 are the most important; a little oyster sauce; coriander (root only); a little brown sugar. That's it marinate for more than an hour and you're ready.

4. Spread the chicken wide and BBQ over charcoal until golden brown.