• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
having luad mop (same shop) and will be going to old office to do spring cleaning. best tike to do is the lng holidays. tomorrow new office.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bought another expresso machine. this one is capsule type.

this is the third expresso machine i bought in the last one month. another one ordered but not delivered yet.

today no time to test, will post fr soon.

20121229_085553.jpg

comes with frothing machine.

20121229_085703.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AK, this is what she just told me.

1. Everyone has his/her own formula and claim his/hers the best so there is no specific recipe but does contain some basic ingredient.

2. Most important is where for get and lean mean kampong chicken but cannot be too thin, I think Singapore may be difficult to get but here is plentiful.

3. Now the ingredient for marination - garlic, salt, pepper (lots), soya sauce these 4 are the most important; a little oyster sauce; coriander (root only); a little brown sugar. That's it marinate for more than an hour and you're ready.

4. Spread the chicken wide and BBQ over charcoal until golden brown.

Soya sauce or fish sauce? I dunno why their seasoning is different from other country BBQ chicken....

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hear it has many tourists he must have heard about it even witnessed it.

Chon is taking over this bar.

Hehehe. I said before, Sin City is a cowboy town. But anyway, this one small case. There is a bigger case involving Russians.

BTW, Silver Star has 3 branches, one in soi 7 and the other at soi 8 and the third one at Walking Street. Also, got into trouble many many years ago at the branch at walking. Me was banned for many months from walking before. :p

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guys, me really Song Sarn (pitiful) today. KNS, Area cleaning at new shop. One person nia. Reason is I will be shuttling between my apartment and and new shop and other offices so need to prepare a bedroom in case I want to sleep at my shop.

Plan is to convert shophouse forth storey into a staff hostel but think I will be the first one to stay in my hostel. First staff of new biz will be joining end first week of January 2013.

However, best part is feel so nice to be able to do many things by myself. Not about money, more about satisfaction.

Another good news to share with bros, I am going to be the god father again to a lovely 15 month girl on early january. Need to check when is a good day first. First god daughter is a 8 year old Russian. Hopefully the second god daughter don't make me angry always like the first one. :p

Hehehe, really very very happy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. After a hard day's work, it's time for me to go for dinner. Tomorrow morning need to meet a vip so no late tonight. Think I go for my favorite Khao Tom Goong. :smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. I said before, Sin City is a cowboy town. But anyway, this one small case. There is a bigger case involving Russians.

BTW, Silver Star has 3 branches, one in soi 7 and the other at soi 8 and the third one at Walking Street. Also, got into trouble many many years ago at the branch at walking. Me was banned for many months from walking before. :p

Can share the story involving the russians? which branch will you be taking over?

Also i heard that russians are damn xia lan they look down on thai ppl. They come to thailand and look down on thai ppl and are rude to them. I mean wtf but historically russians are very rough ppl that's why they can form the ussr.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can share the story involving the russians? which branch will you be taking over?

Also i heard that russians are damn xia lan they look down on thai ppl. They come to thailand and look down on thai ppl and are rude to them. I mean wtf but historically russians are very rough ppl that's why they can form the ussr.

joetys kidding. me not so crazy to do bar biz. will not go into details but one drunk chao gao step on my toes, i return him with a beer bottle. the passage back home was a smooth and pleasant other than the glass that cut my hand.

i maintain a very good relation with the russians, prcs and koreans. the other nationalities, i entertain a little can liaoz.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Those coming into Hong Kong be prepared to be in the immigration queue for 1hr at least. Arrived this afternoon and found a mountain of people getting in here. Ok touched down at 5.30pm and by the time got into hotel was already 8pm.

Luckily was compensated with a good dinner, a good HK friend brought us to a very nice local restaurant 新斗記. The food was superb. Especially the roasted meats.

null-440.jpg

null-1520.jpg

Roast Goose

null-990.jpg

Pigeon

null-1057.jpg

Goose intestine

null-1590.jpg

null-412.jpg

null-2410.jpg

null-1469.jpg

null-1526.jpg

Last edited:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Joety, the dinner look very good....only problem i find is the brandy with ice, it spoil the drink...brandy should be drink neat no ice.......:smile:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah lau eh,

u and chunburi always eat good food and drink lao many many. knn, thai people saying is : kin dee you dee.

btw, are u all back in sg for CNY?

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
thaichink bros,
sawadee kups to u all.

serious qn:

I wanna buy over a hotel/restaurant or any building so I let it and get some side income to bolster my sg income which is gettg harder to make these days.

But is it necessary to know the thai lang well to setup shop there?

And how to avoid getting ketuk by the absolute bastard thai cab drivers?
I always kena pay a high price in bkk.

I not chink so its harder to blend in also.

any inputs appreciated.

cheers

Last edited:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
thaichink bros,
sawadee kups to u all.

serious qn:

I wanna buy over a hotel/restaurant or any building so I let it and get some side income to bolster my sg income which is gettg harder to make these days.

But is it necessary to know the thai lang well to setup shop there?

And how to avoid getting ketuk by the absolute bastard thai cab drivers?
I always kena pay a high price in bkk.

I not chink so its harder to blend in also.

any inputs appreciated.

cheers

ok, not being racist, but why do u think 'chinks' are easier to blend in?? u mean, thailand is a part of china??

secondly, ur question is very open ended. u want to buy over restaur/hotel. budget? u know how much it cost or not? although thailand is cheap, it is not that cheap....

i mean, u can open a bar joint with 100k+ bahts ( 4-8k sgd), but u can also open a bar joint costing 10 million bahts. it depends on what u want. recently, i surf the net and found a hotel villa for sale in the suburb of BKK. u know how much it cost? 20 million baht.

but i suggest that if u are looking to open a restaurant, better save ur money, as the turnover rate is high. unless u are those famous restaurants like tawandang, or the smoke house in khao yai, which they can be considered as hi-so or even tourist attraction. but again, these types of restaurants can and will cost more than millions of baht. and yes, seriously, if u are interested to do business there, u need to know a few thai people there. for convenience sake. but of cos, if u have money to burn, many property lawyers are able to service u.

finally,why do u say cab drivers always ketuk ur money? those cabs should and must have meters. even if they ketuk ur money, its only 100 plus bahts. unless u are saying u took a 100 baht worth of ride, but they charge u 500. u must remember 1 thing, cab drivers hates jam ( although this prolong the trip, thus earn more), so sometimes, they might go a longer, but smoother way to ur destination. i take cabs in BKK, and i don't speak thai to them. but they never try to ketuk me. and i considered thai taxi charges to be very cheap already...

hope it provides u some clue..