• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2010 Forecastology

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
A+ for the strategy and tactics of the Netherlands team.

Unlike the other teams which pound the opposition into submission, this team uses brain instead of brawn. Love the way they intentionally slowed the game when they went 1 up instead of charing forward and trying to kill the game. This seemed to unerve Slovakia.

And then of course there was that tricky second goal while the Slovakia team was quarreling with the ref.

Only negative part is that compared to the teams they will be meeting, the individual players appear somewhat underpowered.

Match up with Brazil will pit a team with superior tactics against a team with superior players.

Should be interesting ....

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not bragging or something, but the gameplay of football has evolve. Right now, only Spain, Germany, Dutch and Brazil are moving forward, the rest are falling behind.

jw5

Loyal
I don't think the Dutch are a great team, they don't have enough flair.
If they go behind against a good team, they may have problems breaking the good team down.
Robben and Elia can produce magic, Wesley needs his team mates to run around for him. People like Kyut and the 2 holding midfielders are just workhorses.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they go behind against a good team, they may have problems breaking the good team down.
Robben and Elia can produce magic, Wesley needs his team mates to run around for him. People like Kyut and the 2 holding midfielders are just workhorses.

Same thoughts. I just feel though the Dutch are good, they are too "patient". There are teams who never be able to fight back after being a goal down. The last part of giving a penalty away, although the match is almost ending, they should have at least try not to make such mistakes.

So far I don't see their defence really been tested. Either Brazil or Chile can give them a real test as both these S.American teams are what I feel "performance teams" at the moment.

Just read the article on Neuer, German keeper who said he quickly kicked the ball away to deceive the referee into thinking it was not a goal. Although the result counts, but just think about Thierry Henry's handball, and now this, eventually I don't think Germany will win the cup. If the Irish had qualified instead of French, the France team would not have make such disgraceful headlines over the whole world. Karma :p Not every time the cheats will win like Maradona's Hand of God enabling Argentina to win. So the Germans should savour their victory while they can. Actually Neuer also said the Germans were better, I saw that, Germans were fast in counter attack, but if he thinks the Germans wer better, why should he be afraid of letting the ball count? But oh well, at the point of match time, people would just want the results. Integrity put 1 side first. :p

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL, its ok, not many people like the Dutch anyway, hahaha....
I also dun want to explain more, wait people say i boasting :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Next match is Brazil!!! will be a great match :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not bragging or something, but the gameplay of football has evolve. Right now, only Spain, Germany, Dutch and Brazil are moving forward, the rest are falling behind.

You forgotten about teams like Uruguay, Japan. They are quite good too and improved quite a fair bit from prev showings. Japan has quite a few creative and match winning players. If they can go QF, should be the real dark horse of tournament

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also dun want to explain more, wait people say i boasting :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hopeless...sure lose. If Holland win, I jump into...swimming pool. :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You forgotten about teams like Uruguay, Japan. They are quite good too and improved quite a fair bit from prev showings. Japan has quite a few creative and match winning players. If they can go QF, should be the real dark horse of tournament
Sorry bro, from what i saw Uruguay playing against Koreans, their style was scrappy, many long balls and stray passes, maybe its raining lah. But i dun see them going into the Final :p:p:p

I think once we reach the quarter final, the strong ones would emerge, really dun see Japan reaching there :p:p:p

jw5

Loyal
Just read the article on Neuer, German keeper who said he quickly kicked the ball away to deceive the referee into thinking it was not a goal. Although the result counts, but just think about Thierry Henry's handball, and now this, eventually I don't think Germany will win the cup. If the Irish had qualified instead of French, the France team would not have make such disgraceful headlines over the whole world. Karma :p Not every time the cheats will win like Maradona's Hand of God enabling Argentina to win. So the Germans should savour their victory while they can. Actually Neuer also said the Germans were better, I saw that, Germans were fast in counter attack, but if he thinks the Germans wer better, why should he be afraid of letting the ball count? But oh well, at the point of match time, people would just want the results. Integrity put 1 side first. :p
Realistically, I don't think Neur and the Germans could have done anything else.
They will be the laughing stocks of world football if the referee and his assistant said "no goal" and they went up to the referee and said "It was a goal".
If the referee had declared a goal and the Germans tried to argue, then it's a different matter.

Henry's and Maradona's cases were different. They did not just kept quiet knowing full well that they handled the ball, they actually handled the ball to get an advantage, which is wrong in the first place.

Germany may not win the cup, but it won't be about karma, it will be because they are not good enough. Having said that, I think they will beat Argentina, I don't think they are that good either.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Argentina's strength is Messi. Weakness is also Messi. Wonder why Maradona played him even when the team qualified?

Because if he doesn't play Messi, the holes of the whole team will be exposed easily for opposing teams to write it down in their jotter book.

So far, Messi can be said to be the one carrying the hopes of the whole team and nation. Everyone's focus is on him, and that's why the others in his team can score. :o

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry bro, from what i saw Uruguay playing against Koreans, their style was scrappy, many long balls and stray passes, maybe its raining lah. But i dun see them going into the Final :p:p:p

I think once we reach the quarter final, the strong ones would emerge, really dun see Japan reaching there :p:p:p

I thought you were talking about teams moving forward against teams falling behind?
If its about teams who improved, this Uruguay definitely different from the prev WCs and also Japan.

Teams like France, England, are just teams living on past reputation, bark but no bite. :p

The final will only consist of 2 teams, so many teams will still have to go home:biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Argentina vs Germany
Germany FTW :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I think the S.Americans will eventually bring the cup back to their continent.

Chile vs Brazil. Think Chile tonight quite tough as defence form players are suspended. On paper, Brazil is favourite. Chile without suspended players, makes Brazil even more favourite.

If Chile can beat Brazil, I must admit this team really wow me over since Day 1 I watched them play in this WC. Their performances are repeated and losing to Spain was rather unlucky and also partly due to inexperience against big teams.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah, you always got something against me and Holland 1 lah :rolleyes::rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

Nothing against you, I like you. :smile: From Three Kingdoms to World Cup. If I jump, not simple jump. 10m platform into 4.5m pool at Toa Payoh Swimming Pool. Welcome to view. :biggrin: (No match for Chinese Olympic divers, must say first.)

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Chile can beat Brazil, I must admit this team really wow me over since Day 1 I watched them play in this WC. Their performances are repeated and losing to Spain was rather unlucky and also partly due to inexperience against big teams.

Choy choy choy, i want my Dutch team play Brazil better, i want a good match, hahahaha :biggrin::biggrin:

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Siao liao... Even i as a Dutch / Germany / Brazil fan got to tell you this. Brazil will beat Holland in 90 mins. :biggrin:

Ok ok.. Don't say i neber give face to Oranje. Draw with Brazil beating Holland in penalties. :biggrin:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what happened to the slovaks?

they played so well against italians knocking the world champs into oblivion!!!

against the dutchmen, they were like school kids - so lame!!!

the dutchmen good man!!!

wow! looking forward to the dutchmen vs the brazenlians!!!

will bring me to cloud 9 !!!

and the german tanks against the kamikaze argentines!!!

wow!!! already taken leave to watch these world class performances!!!

england eat shit already!...the worst team ever in histtory!!!