• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2010 Forecastology

jw5

Loyal
While i agree Maradona is the best soccer player of all time, he's by no means a good coach. I have doubts in this Argentine team, if i'm not wrong, Argentine is the only country that brought 6 forwards, its an awesome forwards, but midfield and defence?:confused::confused:

Look at the midfield: Veron, Mascherano, Gutierrez (Newcastle), Maxi (Liverpool), Bollatti (Fiorentina), does that sound promising? :p:p

If Germany can contain the Argentine forwards and hold the midfield, they can win the match.

German steel vs an inbalanced and unpredictable team? I'll go for the Germans :p:p:p
Expecting Maradona to curse and swears when they lost the game :biggrin::biggrin:
Argentina's defence is very weak, it has not been exposed by a good team yet.
Demichelis is one of the weakest international defenders around, and yet, he is probably the best defender in the Argentina team.
Otamendi (who?) has only been playing first team club football in Argentina for 2 years.
Heinze was considered past his best by Man Utd and Real Madrid.
The key is to take Mascherano out of the game. Get Ozil to draw him all over the field and leave the defence exposed.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not so sure about Brazil.
This Chile team is reckless and likes to attack without fear, they could cause a shock.

The international market is aware of this and has priced a Brazillian win more conservatively. Our local ah bengs and ah peks on the other hand ... huat ah ....

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
the moment capello chose upson to start, england is gone!!

futhermore john terry having offday. and james milner proven that he is only epl level, not international level.

Upson though did score 1 goal, but he is culpable of at least 2 goals conceded.
Still didn't understand why Joe Cole was not put in from the start. Though I must say england were unlucky not to have that equaliser, but the defence of England was really bad.

Germany qualified but did not really impress me as they beat an England team which was weak, no tactics and a team that did not test their defence. (Upson corner goal and lampard's far shot. There was another 1 that hit the cross bar.) Germany is quite suspect in this aspect. The leaking of 4 goals was partly due to do or die mission for England, if they scored, they have a chance. Regardless of it being 2-1 or 4-1, you still have to go home. That's also why Korea lost 1-2, Mexico lost 1-3, partly because they have to add more players in the front to get the equalizer and in return, the defence is exposed.

Argentina's attack will be very different from England and I don't really think Germany can progress beyond QF against Argentina based on form.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So far Netherlands didn't really impress maybe they need Robben. :o
No matter how the Dutch perform, will never impress anyone 1, i'm used to it liao :p:p:p

But did you know that Holland is the only team with maximum points going through the 2nd round? i doubt anyone notice it at all, hahahaha :p:p:p

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not so sure about Brazil.
This Chile team is reckless and likes to attack without fear, they could cause a shock.

Chile can strike a goal out of nowhere, especially shown against Spain. That goal they scored didn't look menacing from the start. I would think Chile have a chance against Brazil if they do not have couple of players suspended due to yellow fever.

So far from all the matches I have watched, I think these few teams are quite good

Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Japan.

(Not really that good)
Spain, Holland(this team is too patient)

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter how the Dutch perform, will never impress anyone 1, i'm used to it liao :p:p:p

But did you know that Holland is the only team with maximum points going through the 2nd round? i doubt anyone notice it at all, hahahaha :p:p:p

sorry bro, Argentina too :o

jw5

Loyal
How come everybody forgot about Uruguay?
Uruguay will beat Ghana easily.
Ghana are a very careless and naive team at the back, although they have some exciting players, my favourite being Agnew.