• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why most chinese dont like chinese names

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because the Eastern Heathens are seen to be "Westernising" when they adopt western names, everyone else are simply "Modernising." Don't you know that Chinks are extremely ethnocentric?

Cheers!

BS it's the usual BS to call out chinese for just behaving like everyone else.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just going by his statements; some time ago, a poll was done in this forum (I think it was during the Delphi days) and everyone claims to be speaking the truth. BTW, everyone is Singapore is educated, even taxi drivers!

Cheers!

Delphi days? :rolleyes: No links nothing now you're coming up with shit.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should the Chinese have to make things easy for the Ang Mohs? :rolleyes: If they can't pronounce Chinese names, that is their problem not yours.

The rest of the world doesn't have to kowtow to the white trash. Why do Chinese have to be the exception?

I don't see it as a case of kowtowing.
It is as simply a convenience. Rather then wasting time trying to make sure others get your full & proper name . Why not just make it simple for others by using a shorter name:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed.
But I have resided and worked in Toronto for 30+ years, and continue to use the name my parents gave me at birth.

It's really up to an individual to decide whether they want to do this. I am just giving my view as to the practical reasons of doing it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not all angmo have english name too. many americans are of eastern europe descent too and their name also difficult to pronounce too.

one must be proud of their own culture, i dont have a angmo name and i didnt give my son an angmo name. i insist to be known by my chinese name which is given by my parents. if anyone cannot remember my name, then he/she can jolly well fark off.

Some of my angmo aquaintances have difficult names that's why people will use an abbreviated version of their names. People are not trying to insult them. Just trying to to make life easier.

You can of course insist that people only use your full name correctly. Whether or not others will listen is another matter.

Last edited:

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of my angmo aquaintances have difficult names that's why people will use an abbreviated version of their names. People are not trying to insult them. Just trying to to make life easier.

You can of course insist that people only use your full name correctly. Whether or not others will listen is another matter.

But I see some people wearing a European names just to hide their identity and to me these are dishonest people.Today they can be known as Christopher Lee tomorrow they are Bruce Lee and thereafter Harry Lee!Or Annie Kok and tomorrow Harry Kok.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bud, I'm not the one objecting to Chinese blokes who adopt western names, its perfectly fine by me, its other Chinks that are offended by some Chinks adopting western names like John and James. To me, its just modernising. BTW, Lee Hsiao Long isn't any less Chinese when he calls himself Bruce is he?

Cheers!

BS it's the usual BS to call out chinese for just behaving like everyone else.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fren, it is not my duty, obligation. or even desire to keep track and record of what's said in these forums, if you don't believe me, then don't. I come here for a good laugh and that's all. For those who wish to get something more out of the discussions here, then I wish them all the best of luck.

Cheers!

Delphi days? :rolleyes: No links nothing now you're coming up with shit.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fren, it is not my duty, obligation. or even desire to keep track and record of what's said in these forums, if you don't believe me, then don't. I come here for a good laugh and that's all. For those who wish to get something more out of the discussions here, then I wish them all the best of luck.

Cheers!

Don't you find it ironic that you say you don't keep track of anything in the forum but brought up something that occured so long ago in the delphi days no less. You know how long ago that was? How come you can remember that poll if you mention that you don't keep track of anything? In fact what does that have anything to do with this thread at all?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember back in Primary school I asked a black as charcoal keling classmate, "Eh, Mervyn, you Indian yah?" He replied, "No, I'm Christian."

Cheers!

could be that some of them are catholic while others are Eurasian and want to keep to their anglo ancestry, but shitskin allasame!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But I see some people wearing a European names just to hide their identity and to me these are dishonest people.Today they can be known as Christopher Lee tomorrow they are Bruce Lee and thereafter Harry Lee!Or Annie Kok and tomorrow Harry Kok.

If you look at the celebrities in the US, many have a stage name which is different from their real names e.g. Gary Grants was originally named Archibald Alexander Leach. Bruce Lee's given name was Lee Jun-fan.

Do you think they were trying to hide anything:confused:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you look at the celebrities in the US, many have a stage name which is different from their real names e.g. Gary Grants was originally named Archibald Alexander Leach. Bruce Lee's given name was Lee Jun-fan.

Do you think they were trying to hide anything:confused:

Speaking of stage names many of these "ang moh" especially jewish celebrities have an anglo stage name that is very different from their original birth name. This is true for many jews who try to hide their jewishness. It's also the same for some ang mohs with horrible sounding names.

The odd thing in this case is somehow when they do that it's fine but only chinese ppl get singled out.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most Jews have a Hebrew name, besides their English sounding first names,
such Marvin or Marshall may have Moishe as their Hebrew name.

I believe that many of the European Jews have German and Slavic family names,
such as Bernstein, Goldstein, Rothstein, Silverstein, Goldberg, Silverberg, Steinberg, Vineberg, Birnbaum, Isenbaum, Tanenbaum, Cohen, Feldman, Glassman, Katzman, Rosen, Rosenberg, Shimmerman, Spiegel, Zweig / Zwaig (Polish?),

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck you all lah!

Argue over some cheebye names, KNN.

If you got money, and loads of it, who the fuck care what name you've?

If the reverse is true, your name will be a fucking big shame and a jinx.

Just like 4D numbers, as long as the number come up first price, it's a lucky number.

If not, even 8888 number also no fucking use.