• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why most chinese dont like chinese names

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I don't see is Chinese adopeting keling names, eg. Raja Chan.

Cheers!

Ehh....teres one CHINESE Resident Racist here who called himself Jah. U know tat Jah Jamban. Jah in short could be Jahangeer, Jahan, Jahaan, Jahnavi, Jahaira.....so many lah. Wonder why tis jah jamban adopt in his very own word, shit skin name?:rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
Why do some Chinese guys have TWO English names? One not enough meh? :biggrin:

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do some Chinese guys have TWO English names? One not enough meh? :biggrin:

You mean that newly elected sec gen of angmo party nsp.If we vote for them,I am worried more of our Singaporean daughters will marry and make babies for foreigners and worst still is your assets by default will go to these foreigners.

She seems to be very proud to wear 2 European angmo names.Kanna sai.

jw5

Loyal
You mean that newly elected sec gen of angmo party nsp.If we vote for them,I am worried more of our Singaporean daughters will marry and make babies for foreigners and worst still is your assets by default will go to these foreigners.

She seems to be very proud to wear 2 European angmo names.Kanna sai.

Nope.
That one is two surnames, not names.

If you are really worried about your singaporean daughters marrying foreigners, there are 2 chaps you can talk to.
Both their daughters married foreigners.
I'm not worried at all.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't know he was a Chink! All along I thought he was a keling apologist who wished he had slant eyes! He nicked his name in Rafstafuck when he was stoned I think.

Cheers!

Ehh....teres one CHINESE Resident Racist here who called himself Jah. U know tat Jah Jamban. Jah in short could be Jahangeer, Jahan, Jahaan, Jahnavi, Jahaira.....so many lah. Wonder why tis jah jamban adopt in his very own word, shit skin name?:rolleyes:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hong Kong, Taiwan and China these Chinamen/women has got one of the funniest name

in the world!! The list can go on and on...endless of funny names:::

jw5

Loyal
Hong Kong, Taiwan and China these Chinamen/women has got one of the funniest name

in the world!! The list can go on and on...endless of funny names:::

I know a hairdresser from HK who gave herself the name Hymen. :o

Her chinese name has got to be Hei Mun. :biggrin:

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for all your efforts to justify wearing a European name and I guess you must be a employee yourselves.I admire lky even his family member are not wearing any .!This is what I call boss or king mentality. You continue to behaving like a slave..........

No wonder Ho Ching said before that only Chinese waiters/waitresses are made to wear European names!

Easy for you to say. Try living in an angmo country where their systems don't accept Chinese characters with a name like Chong Long Dong. Even in SG, we already have some hilarious names after translating the Chinese characters into dialect names.

Are most Chinese able to decipher the Chinese characters behind the name Kuan Yew without having first read it in Chinese? If not, how is Kuan Yew a Chinese name? He might as well have called himself Harry because Kuan Yew does not mean anything to most Chinese who use the Hanyu Pinyin system. See the problem there? Having everybody use Mandarin Hanyu Pinyin solves part of the problem but it is still a poor substitute for the actual Chinese characters. I simply see no point in translating Chinese characters into the alphabet. I would rather keep my Chinese name pure and have those who can't read Chinese address me by some other name than to have some kind of bastardised Chinese name.

In China, taxis are called 出租车 or 计程车 and not 德士, and that is the way the language should be kept pure. That means not trying to translate terms based on how they sound in another language.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know. I can't imagine reading out a person's name (a usual habit of mine) when receiving his business name card when his name spells Lau Chee Hong. Would rather just call him Joe or Don.

Cheers!

Easy for you to say. Try living in an angmo country where their systems don't accept Chinese characters with a name like Chong Long Dong. Even in SG, we already have some hilarious names after translating the Chinese characters into dialect names.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Other than those who've adopted Christianity as their religion, it could be just out of convenience/ease or a trend to associate with modernity. They still retain their surnames used behind their chosen western name. Not just the Chinese, other Asian races like Japanese, Thai, and even Indians too. Eg. Joe Lingam, Tony Kawai, blah blah.

What I don't see is Chinese adopeting keling names, eg. Raja Chan.

Cheers!

How come only chinese are singled out for having western names?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't know he was a Chink! All along I thought he was a keling apologist who wished he had slant eyes! He nicked his name in Rafstafuck when he was stoned I think.

Cheers!

WTF are you ranting on about? Also whoami is some dumb arse probably with no primary school education you believe his drivel?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just going by his statements; some time ago, a poll was done in this forum (I think it was during the Delphi days) and everyone claims to be speaking the truth. BTW, everyone is Singapore is educated, even taxi drivers!

Cheers!

WTF are you ranting on about? Also whoami is some dumb arse probably with no primary school education you believe his drivel?