• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why Jamus Lim join Workers' Party ?

jw5

Loyal
From Jamus Lim facebook:

Jamus Lim
15 April at 07:05

Recently, I was honored to be one of the keynote speakers at the Seedly Personal Finance Festival. Due to COVID-19, this year’s event was held online (presenters made their way to the convention center), and the session saw some 3,000 or so (mostly) young adults login on a Saturday morning (so I’m told). As an educator, I always enjoy sharing ideas—this time, on investment strategies in a post-COVID-19 world—with young folks, and it helps that I’m also a firm believer in the importance of financial literacy!

1618761416593.png

jw5

Loyal
From Jamus Lim facebook:

Jamus Lim
16 April at 20:56

Block 324 #Anchorvale, which we got through halfway for this week’s house visits, sits astride two multistory carparks. So it has a fairly unique design, with its own attendant set of issues (mainly a longstanding multifloor corridor leak, which we’re working on rectifying).
But we were impressed by how some
residents have maintained a kampong spirit. In our modern world—where precious little time is spent at home, given our eight-to-twelve-hour workdays—we sometimes struggle to connect with neighbors who live just a door or two away. Part of the trick, I think, is to have a lynchpin, like Uncle Lee on the top floor, who reaches out to others and fosters a sense of community. Another is to have a hobby that keeps one at home. Like Samuel, who has been building and painting miniatures since he was a child, and his extensive collection—seen here in the background—has filled a room ever since they moved into their #SengkangGRC flat. #TeamSengkang

1618841633377.png

jw5

Loyal
from Jamus facebook:

Jamus Lim
7 hrs ·

Last night, we completed our visit of 324A in #Anchorvale. We had our usual array of happy stories and worried concerns, but one particular household stood out.
The Tan family are long-time residents in the neighborhood. Mdm T is 78, but feels the need to continue working. She collects scrap metal, which she strips down for salable parts. For her constant toil—which goes on morning and evening, most days of the week—she receives, literally, cents for every bucket she gathers. She shared that her children have children of their own—which limits how much they can help with their family expenses—and that government programs for assistance are too onerous to apply for. Hence, the perceived need to engage in the rag-and-bone trade.

This sad circumstance was corroborated by another case, who had come to our meet-the-people session that week. Mr A is 72, and had recently underwent cataract surgery. He had been discharged from his job as a driver, but still felt compelled to work, and was looking for help. He likewise felt that the small amount he was drawing from CPF was insufficient for him to meet his needs, especially since he was estranged from his children, and hence could not rely on them.

Cases like these are heartbreaking, not least because—as a wealthy country—we should be able to do better in helping our Pioneer generation get by. Our elderly have contributed more than their fair share of sacrifice for our country, and we can do more to make it easier for them in their sunset years. #TeamSengkang #Sengkang GRC

1619197436608.png

jw5

Loyal
from Jamus Lim facebook:

Jamus Lim
5 hrs ·

Today, we were fortunate enough to partner with Nur International Services to distribute halal food packs to needy families at 350 #Anchorvale. Although I do not observe Ramadan, I understand how the inability to fully participate in religious rites and practices can be very isolating, and I’m glad that we may have been able to relieve that for some households, even if it were only in a very small way. Personally, I also enjoyed being able to help deliver gifts, while interacting with our residents at the block. We even had help from two little volunteers! #TeamSengkang #SengkangGRC Photos credit: the indomitable Siang Hwee

1619363592246.png

jw5

Loyal
Really? He is the only 1 working from yr postings...the other MPs u say, they are silent partners? Like tat better all the other silent MPs give up their allowance to Jamus

This thread is about Jamus Lim, not the other Sengkang GRC MPs. :wink: