• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which country your ancestors had come from?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back to topic, I have always heard Hakkas have varied backgrounds. Some might be Koreans or Japanese who lived in China and became Chinese. Some might also be Mongolians who settled in China. But of course, all these are hear-say. The background of Hakkas is not that easy to define.

Hakkas are mixed nomads, those without land and particularly, without town establsihments in the north during ancient times. Everytime war or natural disasters broke out, they shifted south (natural human instinct to shift to warmer climes instead of colder climes north).

Hakkas picked up lots of surviving and fighting skills along the way. I have nothing against them. In fact, admirable. Just when the dust settled and fire ceased, don't use those skills take advantage of innocent people.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hakkas are mixed nomads, those without land and particularly, without town establsihments in the north during ancient times. Everytime war or natural disasters broke out, they shifted south (natural human instinct to shift to warmer climes instead of colder climes north).

Hakkas picked up lots of surviving and fighting skills along the way. I have nothing against them. In fact, admirable. Just when the dust settled and fire ceased, don't use those skills take advantage of innocent people.
Last part is referring to a certain old man?

Hakkas are known to be resilient and hardworking, but also stingy. To be fair, all dialect groups have their good points. From what I heard from my old man, Hainanese in Nanyang are good cooks, Hokkiens are good businessmen and Cantonese are good doctors if I remember all correctly.

The roots of Hakkas are not exactly clear and no historian is able to define it. Unlike Hokkiens or Cantonese, where you know they are definitely Chinese, Hakkas formerly lived in areas with the minority races (Manchurian, Mongolian or Koreans) as the majority.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hakka is not recognised as a Chinese dialect as it has no regional, proivincial or even township roots. That's why it's called Hakka or Kejia, 客家, guest visitors everywhere but roots nowhere. I'm not trying to demean Hakkas but that was what happened in the evolution of Hakkas, can even think of them as China's domestic foreign talents in ancient days. I mean no disrepect, in fact I respect them.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hakka is not recognised as a Chinese dialect as it has no regional, proivincial or even township roots. That's why it's called Hakka or Kejia, 客家, guest visitors everywhere but roots nowhere. I'm not trying to demean Hakkas but that was what happened in the evolution of Hakkas, can even think of them as China's domestic foreign talents in ancient days. I mean no disrepect, in fact I respect them.
No disrespect taken. But it is quite sad to not even know where my original roots came from, though it is not that crucial.

championplug

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hakka is definitely one of the 7 major Han dialects of China.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my paternal grandma come from suatow dunno which village or what only my dad knows. Dad born in singapore. Mum's side is peranakan teochew.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
No disrespect taken. But it is quite sad to not even know where my original roots came from, though it is not that crucial.
Lotsa Hakkas(Da Pu clan) are still around in Kwangtong, Mei Province.....every year, my old man will travel up to pay respect during ChingMin and follow up with afew bonks!:biggrin:....Malaysian Hakkas are mainly(Mei Yan) while Taiwanese Hakkas are(Hai Lok Fung)....sometimes i really catch no ball when all relatives speak and mingle!:confused:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lotsa Hakkas(Da Pu clan) are still around in Kwangtong, Mei Province.....every year, my old man will travel up to pay respect during ChingMin and follow up with afew bonks!:biggrin:....Malaysian Hakkas are mainly(Mei Yan) while Taiwanese Hakkas are(Hai Lok Fung)....sometimes i really catch no ball when all relatives speak and mingle!:confused:

wah ur old man also tells you he bonks those girls?

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah ur old man also tells you he bonks those girls?
Yah bro! Dun see anything wrong if he's careful to take protective measures, by the way, both my folks are in the late 60's so i do understand wat a "dirty" old man needs! Might be boasting lah but it's ok for me as a filial son!:biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hakka is definitely one of the 7 major Han dialects of China.

so called hakka chinese is a linguistic window to "middle chinese" which was the official archaic chinese language spoken in sui, tang, and song dynasties. when mongols conquered china, old mandarin was forced upon many parts of china, but southern enclaves of refugees and survivors from older chinese dynasties retained much of the original xi-an and lo-yang tongues (mostly shaanxi and henan) and southern dialects. over the centuries, middle chinese disappeared and/or it merged with southern dialects and blended into obscurity. today, there are various offshoots of hakka: for example taiwanese, fujian, guangdong, guangxi, guizhou, sichuan, and hunan. this proves that hakka was a widespread language spoken in a huge geographical part of china, mainly in the south because the north and northeast were overrun by mongols and manchus respectively separated by five hundred years of devastation. the manchus, in the qing dynasty, was responsible for the propagation of mandarin, which was the main beijing dialect, to the rest of remote china including the south. beijing was the capital of the mongols under the yuan dynasty.

if you're good with linguistics in the study of consonants and vowels and tones, you'll notice that hakka is mutually unintelligible from mandarin but is closer in many pronunciations to middle chinese. also check up the rhyme books of tang. rhymes are secret codes to breaking the language mystery.

hakka is a real survivor and descendant of the true ancient chinese language and should be taught and preserved, although the hakka of today is a far cry from the language spoken by the first survivors of sui, tang and song. mandarin is a bastardized language of invaders, traitors, arse lickers, lackeys and cowards under the mongol and manchu yoke. and hakka shouldn't be called hakka or kejia. it's a fucking shame that the original people of china are called "guests". it should be called fak-yu.

Last edited:

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
my great great grandfather came from india. he work for ghandi before.

my maternal great grandfather came from PRC. he is 红花会 member.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
My great great grandfather was from Foshan, China and I was told that he knows Wong Fei Hong personally.