• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Unable to use the $300 climate voucher

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently I went to purchase water heater when the old heater not heating properly.
And realised all the listed participating shops are not accepting the voucher for water heater, when the website stated water heater as one of the voucher usable item.

I asked the shop assistant why..
All the shop gave the same answer - you can use it for fridge, aircon dc fan etc but not water heater. I then showed them that water heater is listed in the climate voucher website. And they told me - I don't know, you can try other shops but here cannot use.
I went to fairprice, courts and best denki and all 3 not accepting it. Wtf

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Recently I went to purchase water heater when the old heater not heating properly.
And realised all the listed participating shops are not accepting the voucher for water heater, when the website stated water heater as one of the voucher usable item.

All the shop gave the same answer - you can use it for fridge, aircon dc fan etc but not water heater. I then showed them that water heater is listed in the climate voucher website. And they told me - I don't know, you can try other shops but here cannot use.

You can consider this if you really can't get your water heater.

images.jpeg

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

can contact NEA about this ?

anyway, all the shops are like that.............and then they will push you what brands and models to use..............others cannot...............

i will report to NEA about this...........

Then change to cdc vouchers.

can do that meh ?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Climate vouchers is a scam. Period!
If we look closely on how the scheme is designed - yes it is indeed a scam.

It has denominations of $2 $5 $10 yet only big ticket items can be used.
They just wanted to entice and scam greedy sinkies to use it.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
can contact NEA about this ?

anyway, all the shops are like that.............and then they will push you what brands and models to use..............others cannot...............

i will report to NEA about this...........

can do that meh ?
I believe if I report it to NEA, I will get the same answer I.e you can use it to buy aircon fridge etc.
The only thing that I can tell them back will be
Then remove the fucking water heater from your approved list.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Water heater has low margin and required installation
Actually on my way to the shops, I had already thinking to myself, NEA so good meh can let me use $300 to buy something about $200 and still having a balance of $100 which can be used for the installation charge of $60-70 for a heater.

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal

buy good fan and keep in storeroom. then old fan spoil then use. otherwise later climate vouchers expire.

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
Yah, that's what I notice too, so I am waiting for the climate voucher retailer to roll out new batch of products. If no choice, going to expire, then I will end up with other brands.
Climate voucher cannot buy normal kdk fan de woh

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually on my way to the shops, I had already thinking to myself, NEA so good meh can let me use $300 to buy something about $200 and still having a balance of $100 which can be used for the installation charge of $60-70 for a heater.
You can think and having wet dream but in reality ahbeng sme shops want to con your money and to seduce u to use your $300 voucher to buy $5000 Miele fridge

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Nevermind lah, don't buy water heater. Our weather is generally very hot, water is cool and nice. On cooler days when the water is slightly more chilled, just take short showers. Save water.