• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Jeannie Chan Became the Target of Jealous Actresses​

1665580656400.png

Currently seen in War of Beauties (美麗戰場), Jeannie Chan (陳瀅) is on the radar to become one of TVB’s lead actresses. Modest in her new promotion as lead actress, Jeannie feels that she should be the last in ranking after Sisley Choi (蔡思貝), Katy Kung (龔嘉欣), Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯), and Samantha Ko (高海寧) due to her lack of experience.

While appearing on a talk show hosted by William Lam (林柏希), Jeannie opens up about being targeted by other actresses. As she got more opportunities, this also brought upon jealousy and scheming from other actresses. She recalls a specific event, “An actress went to talk to an upper-level manager and cried about not understanding why I am being given all these opportunities. She cried about how she has been with the company for very long and worked so hard. She also exclaimed that I am not that great and said that I am always late.”

Although Jeannie seems to have a smooth sailing career thus far, there have been times where she felt wronged. She recalled, “One time, I was filming with a male actor who was relatively new, so the director told him to really slap me. At the time, I was also quite new. He slapped me about 20 times. Towards the last few slaps, I couldn’t help it and started to cry, because it really hurt. The most unhappy part of the incident was that they ended up cutting my scene completely!”

Since starting her filming career with TVB, Jeannie has been linked to several male stars, including Alex Fong (方力申), Kalok Chow (周嘉洛), and Joey Law (羅天宇). When asked whom she would choose as a husband, boyfriend, and one night stand, Jeannie replied, “Can I choose someone else for one night stand? It would be Brian Chu (朱敏瀚)–he’s been training a lot and is really fit right now! As for boyfriend, I would choose Kalok, because he talks a lot, has a lot of interests, is playful, and is very active. I would choose Joey as my husband–he is very loyal and well-behaved.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Steven Ma Defends Linda Chung’s Character​

1665668869222.png

Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) has always been known for her personable and down-to-earth personality. However, recent rumors alleged that this may just be a façade, as insiders claim that the 38-year-old is two-faced and is only nice to those of status. A netizen claimed that when she asked Linda for a photo, the actress’ mood instantly soured and refused the netizen’s request.

While Linda does not seem too bothered by the gossip, her good friend Steven Ma (馬浚偉) stepped forward to defend her against the damning allegations. “She is a very pure-hearted person. Why must people attack her in this way? Perhaps because she is pregnant and feels a lot of pressure being a mother, so she’s bound to have mood swings. In my eyes, she is the same person on and off camera. She is kind to everyone. Everyone has emotions and moods. Or perhaps she didn’t have makeup on and didn’t want to take photos. I understand it. You can’t say she’s giving attitude and a pissed face just because she’s not smiling. There’s no reason for anyone to be smiling all the time. If you do, then people will say you’re fake.”

Currently filming for new TVB variety show Golden Feast <黃金盛宴>, Steven is delighted to taste the dishes prepared by nine chefs. “The dishes are too tasty. They cook, and I eat. I don’t even dare eat breakfast beforehand. I’m so full–I can barely stomach dinner afterwards. I have to exercise when I get home or I’ll gain a lot of weight. This time, the dishes are all very unique. I’m not sure if I’ll have the chance to eat it again, so I will definitely think back about it fondly. Unfortunately, I am too busy with work and don’t have time to go learn how to cook the dishes myself. If I really want to go eat it, I’d have to find these chefs again to make it for me.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Hera Chan and Carlos Chan Pair as Time-Crossed Lovers​

1665844685295.png

Pairing up in upcoming drama Alien Space Sensor (tentatively titled) <異空感應> in end October, Hera Chan (陳曉華) will star as an butt-kicking policewoman who romances Carlos Chan (陳家樂), a criminal psychologist from another dimension!

In a contrast from her previous genteel and sweet characters onscreen, Hera will portray a policewoman in the breakthrough role. Highly promoted by the station since winning Miss Hong Kong 2018 pageant, the 27-year-old has been praised for making improvements since starring in Battle of The Seven Sisters <七公主>, and will also appear in upcoming heavyweight drama The Beauty of War <美麗戰場>.

As Alien Space Sensor intercepts different spatial dimensions, Hera will portray two distinct characters – a policewoman in the “now”, and a girl who has experienced many hardships in the “future”, hence giving the actress a bigger acting challenge.

Asked if she is feeling stressed, she said, “Didn’t really think about (the) pressure, because the chance is so hard to come by, so right now I’ve been focused on preparations, I will do my best and (listen to) to recommendations from the company and producer!”

Having suffered a torn ligament previously, Hera revealed that she had not been able to exercise properly in about half a year, and was keen to get into shape for the physically demanding role. “Now is a chance for me to regain my fitness, I hope to do my best!” Already obtaining a black belt in Taekwondo last year, the actress has continued training to perfect her punches, kicks and gun-wielding poses in preparations for the anticipated role.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Why Griselda Yeung Missed Out On Acting for 10 Years​

1666014456033.png

The elder sister of Tavia Yeung (楊茜堯), 44-year-old TVB actress Griselda Yeung (楊卓娜) won netizen praise lately for her on-point portrayal of an obnoxious stepmother in The Beauty of War <美麗戰場>, a departure from her usual sympathetic characters.

Emotionally Shaken by Rumors During Pageant

A 2001 Miss Hong Kong pageant contestant, Griselda was one of the hot favorites of the year along with Shirley Yeung (楊思琦). Reflecting on how she failed to place in the end, Griselda recounted, “I took part that year only because I did not want to take the standard route, since young, I had zero confidence, and would get scared and run away whenever I met with problems,”
That year, rumors of fighting amongst the candidates emerged when they went on location to Japan and Korea. Ill-prepared for the limelight, media reports focusing heavily on Griselda thwarted her already lacking confidence. The Japanese media had featured the 3 top favorites that year, and Griselda had accidentally elbowed Shirley during the photoshoot– leading to reports calling out her alleged bitchiness.

“I was unable to deal with it, and was unhappy even after that when we went to Korea, it was freezing and we had to put on bikinis, I wanted to just hide at a corner, and they then painted me as a loner,” Traumatized by the darkness of the showbiz industry, she even contemplated dropping out of the pageant and said her loss was unsurprising given her total lack of confidence. Ironically, Griselda says she had always been on friendly terms with Shirley, whom she remains in contact with up till this day.

Wasted 10 Years Until Sis Tavia Intervened
Apprehensive of getting scolded on set, the actress avoided the drama route and took up hosting gigs at TVB8 instead for the next ten years. It was only in year 2010 when her sister Tavia recommended her to screenwriter Miu Siu-ching (梅小青) that she finally resumed acting in the drama Can’t Buy Me Love <公主嫁到>.

Guilty about being unable to support her parents financially, Griselda thanks Tavia for shouldering the family’s expenses all those years. She recounts while tearing up, “You’re right! I always run away from problems…but I felt really guilty as (my dad) left before I had the means to support him. So, my goal now is to work hard, earn more…I hope that one day I’ve the ability to take care of (mom),”

Rejected Romantic Advances as She “Did Not Know How to Be a Stepmom”

A stepmother in real life as in reel life, Griselda also has a daughter with Yeung Chi Kiu (楊志翹). Recalling how she had rejected his advances at first, Griselda said, “His two daughters had been among my first students when I was teaching handicrafts. Initially when he courted me, I rejected him countless times, as I was afraid of the complications…first is his ex-wife had passed away and had two daughters, I had no idea how to be a stepmom, another reason was that I had a boyfriend of 11 years with no feelings. For one year plus we deliberated until he wanted to give up and go back to being friends, that I finally saw how he was my soul mate,”

Asked how she gained the acceptance of her two stepdaughters, with whom she now shares a friendship-like closeness, the veteran actress said that she did not request them to address her as “mommy” right from the start, and was glad that her silent contributions to the family had been felt by them. In fact, it was the two girls who told their father they wanted to stop calling her “Miss Yeung”, and use “mommy” instead!

Unbelievably, Griselda has yet to finalise marriage procedures with Yeung Chi Kiu, who has actually proposed to her countless times. She hopes that he can attempt a romantic proposal once more, to make it an unforgettable memory for her!

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

TVB Scrambles to Develop Female Leads​

1666277946646.png

In the last three years, TVB has been scrambling to build up a new generation of acting talent after Nancy Wu (胡定欣), Natalie Tong (唐詩詠), Selena Lee (李施嬅), and Grace Wong (王君馨) left the company. There are many dramas planned to start filming and all producers are fighting for the same actresses. Due to the shortage of high caliber talent, producers cast actresses who may not have been ready for the responsibility.

Among its A-listers, Ali Lee (李佳芯), Priscilla Wong (黃翠如) and Samantha Ko (高海寧) are not involved in any upcoming dramas. . It is now said that Samantha’s meetings to renew her contract are going well, and there is a high chance she will continue working with the station.

Mandy Wong (黃智雯), Sisley Choi (蔡思貝), and Elaine Yiu (姚子羚)are currently filming TVB and Shaw Brothers productions, and will likely be taking vacations afterward. Looking forward to recharge, Sisley expressed, “As artistes, we lose out on life when we’re busy filming. So we need to rest and discover life again. But I won’t be doing anything special, just daily things.”

Currently leading The Beauty of War <美麗戰場>, Jeannie Chan (陳瀅) has been heavily criticized for her performance Fortunately, this has not affected her motivation to promote the drama. She held a live talk recently with good friend and co-star Moon Lau (劉佩玥), while sharing a photo album that she made for the drama with pictures of the cast. Jeannie plans to give away the photo book in a contest after the drama finishes airing.

Kaman Kong (江嘉敏) has increasing opportunities, she fell ill while filming for mini series, Golden Wanli <黃金萬両> leading to a dysregulated immune system and skin allergies all over her body. Kaman is still not fully recovered, and is currently being treated with both Western and Chinese Traditional medicine.

TVB has been grooming Hera Chan (陳曉華),Angel Chiang (蔣家旻), Erica Chan (陳嘉慧), and Crystal Fung (馮盈盈), hoping to transition them into lead roles. Angel in particular had won praise for her portrayal of her conniving character in The Beauty of War.

For next year, TVB will be partnering with Chinese companies to produce heavily-financed projects and followups to successful dramas. This includes: such as Enterprise Strong Men <企業強人> starring Moses Chan (陳豪) and Shaun Tam (譚俊彥) in January; Your Highness 2 <痞子殿下2> starring Jeannie and Kalok Chow (周嘉洛) in March; Kids’ Lives Matter 2 <星空下的仁醫2>; Sinister Beings 2 <逆天奇案2> starring Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and Rosina Lam (林夏薇); and Rosy Business 4 <巾幗梟雄4> starring Sheren Tang (鄧萃雯) and Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) in April. Although the original leading cast are set to return, it is likely heavily promoted actresses will also be cast to increase their exposure levels.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Stitch Yu Eats Dinner with Brian Chu’s Family​

1666364253348.png

Dating for two years, TVB artistes Stitch Yu (余思霆) and Brian Chu (朱敏瀚) spent the majority of their relationship apart due to long-distance separation. Although they talked on the phone every day, they realized they had separate dreams and it was best to break up. While few ex-couples can truly remain friends, Stitch and Brian still consider each other like family.

Stitch went to Taiwan two years ago to film for a TVB program. Originally intending to stay for three months, she ended up staying for two years due to work opportunities in Taiwan. Filming six variety shows and one Taiwanese drama, in which she played an assassin, Stitch hoped to film more diverse roles. While in Taiwan, she fulfilled her dream of travelling around the island, and also strengthened her relationships with her family.

Two months since breaking up with Brian, Stitch has since returned to Hong Kong. Although many people expressed it was a pity for their split, she shared it was a mutual decision since it was difficult for them to maintain a long distance relationship. Both also have different goals for the future, and are busy with their careers right now.

Although Brian is open to getting back together in the future, Stitch commented, “He is concentrating on his career, which I think this is a good thing. I can’t predict the future, but at this time we are good friends.”

While dating, Stitch grew very close with Brian’s family, who regard her as a daughter-in-law. “Uncle and Auntie really like me, and they will regularly call me to talk. However we didn’t give them a heads up about our split, so they were very shocked when they learned the news. I had put a lot of effort into our [long-distance] relationship, and Brian and I talked every day. However, it’s hard when you don’t see each other for a long time–the passion dies out. We’re like family now; Auntie had prepared a full course dinner to welcome me home after I finished quarantine. Uncle also told me to come over for dinner whenever I am free.”

As she just ended a long-term relationship, Stitch wants to take the time to enjoy being single. Asked if she is looking to meet new men, Stitch joked that all of her friends in Hong Kong are mutual friends with Brian.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

“The Beauty of War” Criticized for Plagiarizing ATV’s “A Dream Named Desire”​

1666706288522.png

Starring Jeannie Chan (陳瀅), Moon Lau (劉佩玥), Hera Chan (陳曉華), and Angel Chiang (蔣家旻), TVB drama The Beauty of War <美麗戰場> is praised for its exciting storyline. The drama revolves around Jeannie, who struggles to balance her newfound fame and struggles in the entertainment industry, while maintaining longtime friendships with her two best friends, Moon and Hera.

As the story progresses, viewers notice many similarities between The Beauty of War and 2000 classic ATV drama, A Dream Named Desire <美麗傳說>. Specifically, netizens pointed out that Angel’s evil character is eerily similar to Kristal Tin’s (田蕊妮) character in A Dream Named Desire.

Many netizens felt that The Beauty of War plagiarized A Dream Named Desire too blatantly. Both dramas also explore the friendships, competition, jealousy, and fallouts between women. Additionally, the dramas use beauty pageants as a backdrop and does not shy away from gruesome scenes and plotlines.

1666706349355.png

One netizen wrote, “The actresses in The Beauty of War could not portray their emotions adequately, making it difficult for the audience to engage. Viewers should instead watch A Dream Named Desire, because it has many talented artistes with good acting skills. The storyline is also rich and touching, leaving lasting memories for its viewers.”

Despite the negative feedback, Angel delivers the most memorable performance as the drama’s main antagonist. A gold-digger who shamelessly seduces men, her character elicited hate but also pity from viewers. Netizens praised her use of facial expressions and body language, and touted her as one of the strongest contenders for this year’s Best Supporting Actress award.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Mandy Wong Destresses With Her New Dog, Mochi​

1666792936646.png

Dogs have always been a part of Mandy Wong’s (黃智雯) life when she was growing up. After becoming an actress, she always dreamed of having her own dog but hesitated due to her long working hours.

When Mandy met Mochi, a 4-month-old female Pomeranian this year, she could not resist the dog’s cuteness and brought her home. Ironically, Mandy took in Mochi when she was busiest filming for Secret Door <隱門> and travelling to China for several months.

Luckily, Mandy’s mother helped take care of Mochi. “I thought about it for awhile before deciding to take care of Mochi. I could feel a connection when she looked at me— maybe this is fate.”

When Mandy was filming in China, she worried whether Mochi would forget her, so she had nightly video calls with the dog. “When I returned to Hong Kong, Mochi stared at me as if I was a stranger when I entered the house. I was disappointed. Once I started talking to her in the same high-pitched voice as the video calls, it jogged her memory and she immediately shook her tail excitedly and kept spinning in circles!”

Like many attached dog owners, Mandy views Mochi as her daughter and will often worry about her wellbeing. Even if she finishes work late in the middle of the night, Mandy will fight off her tiredness and play with her. “She will stay by my side silently. Sometimes she’ll kiss or lick me, and instantly the pressure or frustrations from work melt away.”

1666792994060.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ali Lee Sets Sights On Investing​

1666879983162.png

Taking a break from acting, actress Ali Lee (李佳芯) showed up at a real estate publicity event on October 22, where she was gifted a downpayment of HKD$200K by Baker Real Estate Incorporated.

Sets Sights On Property Investing Outside of HK
The 39-year-old happily shared about her plans to invest in property, and said “It’s something I’ve always thought about, Hong Kong was my top choice, as my home and family are all (here). In the recent two years I considered investing overseas, I feel that there’s no conflict, as long as I can afford it, I’ll use it for investing and when there are returns, I’ll be able to spread out the investments across different areas,”

Turning down the host who called her “entertainment’s little rich lady”, Ali humbly replied, “I’ve always been financially prudent…in the past I’d save a lot…but now with inflation, I realized that investing is a must; I’d use a conservative approach that yields steady returns, so property investment was always my top choice,” While she does not have real estate assets on hand at the moment, the actress felt that time is ripe for her to start her personal investing plans!

Might Film New Drama in January

Receiving good response for her self-directed short Dementia <伴>, Ali shared that making the film was a meaningful endeavor from which she learnt a lot. “I hadn’t thought of taking charge of so many aspects but everything feel into place…it took an entire year from concept to launch, it was not commercial so I took my time, coincidentally September was also World Alzheimer’s Month so we took the chance to launch it,” she said.

Fans waiting to see Ali onscreen again will not be disappointed as the TVB Best Actress Winner shared that she might take on filming for a new drama come January, but details have not been firmed up at the moment. Asked if she yearned for new challenges, like veteran artiste Carol Cheng (鄭裕玲), who recently announced her departure from TVB after decades and plans to start afresh, Ali replied, “Every artiste hopes to be able to attempt something new to refresh (themselves), I think this is something everyone has on their to-do list,” For Ali, she has been curious about exploring and finding her footing in theatre and films, and believes these will be very new territories for her.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Angel Chiang Will Only Date Non-Actors After Short-lived Romance with Brian Chu​

1666967118092.png

Picked by director Patrick Kong (葉念琛) to play the antagonist role in recently airing drama The Beauty of War <美麗戰場>, actress Angel Chiang (蔣家旻) won praise for her portrayal of Chung Ka Kei and is seen as a likely contender for TV Queen. The 32-year-old shared why her family had opposed her career choice initially, and looks back at her ill-destined romance with actor Brian Chu (朱敏瀚).

After the breakout success of 2013 romance A Secret Between Us <第一次不是你>, Angel encountered a career low which worried her parents. “They would voice their concerns, “You had accomplished something, why did you get superseded? (Now you’re) going without jobs, and stuck in roles without potential?” Equally aware of her own career stagnation, Angel attributed things to poor luck and would only share her unhappiness with her friends instead of family.

Staying hopeful, she got her lucky break in 2020’s Al Cappuccino <反黑路人甲> when her role as “Shui Jeh” nabbed her the Best Improved Female Artiste award that year. She says of what kept her going, “I had been disheartened before, but did not give up as I told myself, the hardest 5 to 6 years are already behind (me), I feel that I still have chances, there is hope yet!”

Insecure About Romance with Brian Chu
While romance used to be her everything before becoming an actress, Angel’s love for acting made her re-evaluate her priorities and career became her No. 1. Warming up to Brian Chu after the two worked met on the set of 2011’s Yes, Sir. Sorry, Sir! <點解阿Sir係阿Sir >, she kept things low-profile, but unexpectedly bumped into reporters at Causeway Bay when the two held hands. Overcome by insecurity after going public, she broke up with Brian two years later, as “our (their) footsteps were not in sync, I was filming movies then and busy with Come Home Love <愛‧回家>, my career chance and timing mismatch affected (the relationship),”

Denying romantic rumors with Joey Law (羅天宇), Shing Mak (麥秋成) and Ngo Ka-nin (敖嘉年), Angel felt “most sorry” towards Ngo Ka-nin, whom she calls “a senior who taught her a lot”, but whose private life about having divorced was exposed because of their romantic rumors.

Angel admitted to breaking up with a boyfriend who is an industry outsider during the filming of Al Capuccino, which left her heartbroken, but told herself she should not let it affect her acting. Single for two years now, she is now open to dating only outsiders, as “the pressure will be less, and there will be less chance for jealousy or envy, due to filming”.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

“The Beauty of War” Finale Leaves Open Ending​

1667133969338.png

Marketed as TVB’s version of popular K-drama Penthouse, The Beauty of War <美麗戰場> saw supporting cast members such as Angel Chiang (蔣家旻) stealing the limelight from the main performers. Recently airing its final 20th episode, fans were left dissatisfied by the open ending, and which left unresolved plot developments instead of wrapping up loose ends!

Hints at Sequel

Turning bone chillingly cold-hearted, central character Ka Po (Jeannie Chan 陳瀅) betrays good friend Jinger (Moon Lau 劉佩玥) for 2 billion dollars. Leaving her facing heavy reputation losses, she later offers ten million to keep her silent, and tells Jinger that she would pass her another twenty million if she is charged and jailed. Luckily, Fu Kwai (Bob Lam 林盛斌) intervenes to save Jinger and sacrifices an exorbitant sum in the process, as the two’s relationship looks set to progress.

Revealing to Yu Zeun (Karl Ting 丁子朗) that Xiaomei (Hera Chan 陳曉華) is the one who caused his right arm to be amputated many years ago, Ka Po indirectly causes Xiaomei to get stabbed. The two former friends Ka Po and Jing Er rush to the hospital where Xiaomei passes due to delayed treatment; the duo get into a conflict and slap each other under heightened emotions.

Unresolved Developments

Finally, towards the end of the episode, Zan Yu (Alex Fong 方力申) finds Ka Po and appears to seek her forgiveness, even though he should be living happily with Tong Yan (Rebecca Zhu 朱晨麗) after divorcing Ka Po…Zan Yu then learns about Tong Yan getting together with his dad Kwok Dong (David Chiang 姜大衛), before the story makes known that he disappears mysteriously while out at sea. Tong Yan is pictured saying “Didn’t I tell you to let him off?”, to either Kwok Dong or another party, adding to the mystery of Zan Yu’s circumstances.

The ultimate scene flashes back to Ka Po at the Miss Hong Kong 2022 pageant. When she approaches the car park, Ka Kei (Angel Chiang) appears again after a long absence, leaving viewers guessing if she is back for revenge or connected to Zan Yu’s disappearance, paving the way for a sequel.

Patrick Kong Defends Ending

Responding to viewers’ criticism of the dissatisfactory finale, producer Patrick Kong (葉念琛) said that he felt that open endings were a bold way to conclude a series. Emphasizing that he was not lazy to wrap up the series, he asked, “Did Vivian Chow’s (周慧敏) character die in The Greed of Man <大時代>?” and added that he was prepared for and had in fact intended for the story to flesh out as it did, and deliberately left certain gaps to be filled by viewers’ own interpretation.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Jeannie Chan and Moon Lau’s Changing Friendship​

1667830132666.png

Close friends in the past, Jeannie Chan (陳瀅) and Moon Lau (劉佩玥) were once inseparable – at least that was the case until Moon started dating TVB actor and singer Adrian Chau (周志文). Since then, Jeannie and Moon’s friendship seemed to have hit a bump and drifted apart until filming The Beauty of War <美麗戰場>.

An insider revealed that Jeannie initially tried warning Moon about dating Adrian, who was known to be a player, and advised Moon to not fall head over heels for the actor. Moon did not listen and decided to sever ties with Jeannie in favor of dating Adrian.

Despite the mixed reception of The Beauty of War itself, it did manage to mend Jeannie and Moon’s friendship. Filming together on the same set rekindled their bond, and they also welcomed costar Hera Chan (陳曉華) into their sisterhood.

Although Moon was absent on Jeannie’s Instagram for over two years, she started appearing in group photos with again. The friends were seen having fun together with Hera at the beach while celebrating the birthday of Jeannie’s dog, Kumo.

While Moon apparently grew closer to Jeannie once again, she continues to date Adrian in secret for almost three years. Defending the actor despite his past flirtatious behavior with Jinny Ng (吳若希) in 2015, Moon praises Adrian for being a very sincere and kind person.

1667830191551.png

1667830203986.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Actresses Who Were Sexually Harassed On Set​

1668003986273.png

Radio host Gary Yeung (楊紹鴻) recently revealed that Miss Hong Kong 1985 winner Charlene Tse (謝寧) was groped by the male lead while filming a TVB drama. “Charlene’s face soured and looked like she would cry. I was shocked when I saw, because this is not how the scene was rehearsed. I don’t want to comment whether he intentionally did it and who he is,” Gary said.

The scene was written where the actor should have placed his hand on Charlene’s stomach, but during filming, he put his hand on her chest and glided it down to her stomach. Although Charlene claimed that she has forgotten what happened since it occurred many years ago, Gary, who was on the filming set apologized for not knowing how to handle the incident. The radio interview re-ignited interest in past incidents where actresses were also taken advantage of on the filming set.

1668004048777.png

Another victim was Ruby Lin (林心如), who rose to stardom after filming My Fair Princess <還珠格格> in 1998. In an interview on Kangsi Coming <康熙來了> in 2004, Ruby revealed that her costar Zhou Jie (周杰) had forcibly French kissed her when they should have simply kissed in their scenes. After her allegations, his image took a nosedive and he has retreated from the entertainment industry in recent years. This was not the only negative rumor that has plagued his career, a female netizen had claimed that Zhou Jie had forced her to take contraceptive pills. The actor denied the rumor and stated that he was gay.

1668004079747.png

In 2012, Leila Tong (唐寧) was groped while filming a scene in Twin of Brothers <大唐雙龍傳 > when she was running away in a crowd. In the chaos, she felt a hand touch her entire body. Leila did not immediately cry out for help, as she was worried that she would delay the filming. She stated that there were many female stars who were sexually harassed while filming but were afraid to speak up.

1668004107562.png

Rachel Lee (李麗珍) starred with Spencer Leung (梁思浩) in CAT III movie Girls Unbutton <不扣鈕的女孩> and they had many intimate scenes. It was rumored that Spencer had added many unscripted actions to their bed scenes–for example, he would prolong kissing her chest for a longer time than necessary.

Naomi Fung (馮鎵瀠) auditioned for Dante Lam’s (林超賢) movie Sinister Beings <逆警> in 2012, and was sexually assaulted by a 24-year-old man claiming to be an assistant director. Leading her into an alleyway to prepare for a rape scene, he touched her chest and attempted to remove her underwear. Naomi immediately called the police, but he claimed to see what her limits were. At the time, Dante did not fire the employee but placed him in another role on the set. Naomi was also not cast in the movie.

In 2013, Aimee Chan (陳茵媺) travelled to Malaysia to film Outbound Love <單戀雙城>. A news report claimed that Aimee was groped while filming a scene where she was being catcalled by four locals who allegedly touched her arm, back, and chest. It was said that the director initially felt that the South Asian extras were acting with too much restraint which made the scene look unrealistic, so he asked them to act boldly. TVB later stated that this was a misunderstanding due to the camera angle, and that Aimee was not sexually harassed. Aimee also clarified that filming had gone smoothly with the crew.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Nicholas Tse Pays HK$80 Million for Cecilia Cheung’s Spousal Support​

1668086284954.png

Despite allegedly receiving spousal support of $80 Million Hong Kong dollars every year from her ex-husband Nicholas Tse (謝霆鋒), Cecilia Cheung (張栢芝) never thought about quitting her career.

While taking care of her three sons, Lucas, Quintus, and Marcus, Cecilia is a super mom who also continues to work and earn money on her own. Often sharing tidbits about her home life and homecooked meals for her sons, Cecilia also shares fitness and exercise tips with her followers on social media.

Although she can live comfortably with her three boys without having to work, Cecilia chooses to continue making her own money while planning for her children’s futures.

In an interview several years ago, Lucas slipped that the reason his mother works so hard is all for the children. He was quoted saying, “Mom saves up all the money that Dad gives us. She hopes to leave the alimony untouched for us to use when we [Lucas and Quintus] grow up.”

Later, Cecilia confirmed this information, adding that when she is older, she hopes that the children will have money under their names. Furthermore, she hopes that the savings will give them a boost when they are off on their own.

Despite all the publicity and allegations surrounding their divorce, Nicholas and Cecilia continue to remain cordial with one another. In an interview, Nicholas also expressed how grateful he is to Cecilia for saying good things about him in front of the children and encouraging positive father and son relations.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Tiffany Lau Challenges Herself in Another Fighter Role​

1668256465660.png

Willing to go above and beyond in her action scenes, Tiffany Lau (劉穎鏇) stars in another fighter role that seems customized for the athletic Miss Hong Kong Kong 2016 runner-up in TVB superhero drama I’ve Got the Power <超能使者>.

Making her appearance in a shower scene, Tiffany only wore a towel and flashed her bare back. was Although she was worried as the towel was not very secure at first, the wardrobe designer helped sew it together. Tiffany confidently expressed that her physique was even better than during her pageant days by controlling her diet and doing frequent exercise to prepare for the scene. Tiffany will have more sexy looks coming up in the drama, including wearing a bikini at the beach.

Since Tiffany impressed producer Jazz Boon (文偉鴻) on the set of 2019’s The Righteous Fists <鐵拳英雄>, he gave Tiffany’s new performance a rating of 8.5 and said, “I can see the fire in her eyes and her willingness to give it her all, so I decided to use her again” in I’ve Got the Power.

Tiffany had to learn how to take and block punches and kicks as martial arts choreographer Philip Kwok (郭追) designed the scenes to resemble street fighting with a mix of different styles. “The hardest thing was learning how to kick. For the scene to look authentic, the leg should be straight but I’m not flexible enough. I put in a lot of hard work to be able to do my own stunts, and I felt a sense of success afterward,” Tiffany shared.

As her character is always dressed in a tight tank top and micro shorts, it is hard to hide protective padding to cushion her falls. Although she ending up with bruises all over her body, Tiffany remains professional and brushed it off.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Cast Confirmed for “My Date With a Vampire” Film​

1668345721159.png

Starring Eric Wan (尹天照), Joey Meng (萬綺雯), Kristy Yeung (楊恭如) and others, ATV classic My Date with a Vampire <我和殭屍有個約會> aired to phenomenal response in 1998, and spanned two sequels, filmed over 6 years. Now available on Disney+ platform, news leaked that the drama will be adapted into a film version helmed by its original producer Sap Sam Chen (陳十三), the husband of actress Joey Meng, who will double up as screenwriter and director.

Recently, reporters got wind that filming for the movie adaptation was underway on deserted school campus. According to talk, the film version has been renamed “Ghostbusting Dragon Tribe Ma Siu Ling” <驅魔龍族馬小玲> (lit. translation), and actress Karena Ng (吳千語), who has been confirmed to play “Ma Siu Ling” was spotted in a school uniform on set, raising guesses that the movie will narrate a prequel to the popular series.

Other key members of the cast include Bosco Wong (黃宗澤), who will be challenged to take on Eric Wan’s character Fong Tin-yau, actress Jacky Cai (蔡潔) shall play Wong Jan-Jan (previously played by Kristy Yeung). Ray Lui (呂良偉) will join in as Yamamoto Kazuo, the Japanese imperial previously portrayed by Kenneth Chan (陳啟泰) along with Best Supporting Actress winner Fish Lieu (廖子妤) who plays Kam Mei-Loi, previously performed by actress Queenie Cheung (張文慈).

Sam Sap Chen reportedly shared that many parties had approached him to discuss a film adaptation for the series after filming for the first season was completed. Unprecedentedly, he only agreed to the project now, a full twenty-four years on, after he was moved by the investment parties. Adding that Karena Ng was “very suitable” for the role of Ma Siu Ling, he declined to reveal further details when asked if his wife Joey Meng would make a comeback cameo in the production.

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Tiffany Lau Challenges Herself in Another Fighter Role​

View attachment 167561

Willing to go above and beyond in her action scenes, Tiffany Lau (劉穎鏇) stars in another fighter role that seems customized for the athletic Miss Hong Kong Kong 2016 runner-up in TVB superhero drama I’ve Got the Power <超能使者>.

Making her appearance in a shower scene, Tiffany only wore a towel and flashed her bare back. was Although she was worried as the towel was not very secure at first, the wardrobe designer helped sew it together. Tiffany confidently expressed that her physique was even better than during her pageant days by controlling her diet and doing frequent exercise to prepare for the scene. Tiffany will have more sexy looks coming up in the drama, including wearing a bikini at the beach.

Since Tiffany impressed producer Jazz Boon (文偉鴻) on the set of 2019’s The Righteous Fists <鐵拳英雄>, he gave Tiffany’s new performance a rating of 8.5 and said, “I can see the fire in her eyes and her willingness to give it her all, so I decided to use her again” in I’ve Got the Power.

Tiffany had to learn how to take and block punches and kicks as martial arts choreographer Philip Kwok (郭追) designed the scenes to resemble street fighting with a mix of different styles. “The hardest thing was learning how to kick. For the scene to look authentic, the leg should be straight but I’m not flexible enough. I put in a lot of hard work to be able to do my own stunts, and I felt a sense of success afterward,” Tiffany shared.

As her character is always dressed in a tight tank top and micro shorts, it is hard to hide protective padding to cushion her falls. Although she ending up with bruises all over her body, Tiffany remains professional and brushed it off.
Her next fighting role...
Screenshot-2022-11-14-14-59-41-764-uplayer-video-player.jpg

giphy.gif

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Sisley Choi Catches Everyone’s Attention at TVB Sales Presentation​

1668518806550.png

TVB held its annual sales presentation recently to attract advertising for dramas to air next year. The event promoted eight new dramas, including the Justice Sung <狀王之王> remake, Your Highness 2 <痞子殿下2>, Hong Kong People in Beijing <香港人在北京>, Hello, My Doctor <你好,我的大夫>, The Invisibles <隱形戰隊>, Pet Pet My Angel <寵愛Pet Pet>, Romeo and Zhu Yingtai <羅密歐與祝英台>, and One Dance Allure <一舞傾城>.

As the sales presentation is one of TVB’s key events, the standing position of artistes in the group photos is telling of their status. Standing front and center in an eye-catching low neckline, body-fitting red dress is Sisley Choi (蔡思貝), who stars in several upcoming dramas. Others standing near the center position include Moses Chan (陳豪), Shaun Tam (譚俊彥), Rosina Lam (林夏薇), Kenneth Ma (馬國明), and Nancy Wu (胡定欣).

Heading into TVB Anniversary Awards season, speculations are running who will win the top acting awards. Although Rosina won Best Actress last year, she does not have any projects airing this year. With no chance of being nominated for TV Queen this year, Rosina expressed, “There was talk about airing Speakers of Law (法言人), but they later changed their minds. It is a pity, because the character I portray [in an upcoming series] would’ve given the audience a different perspective of me. The main point is not about winning an award, but I hope each of my characters will give the audience a different feeling about me. Every character is a new challenge and learning journey.”

With two dramas aired in 2022, including Brutally Young 2.0 <十八年後的終極告白2.0> and ICAC Investigators 2022 <廉政行動2022>, Shaun was asked whether he has confidence to win Best Actor for two consecutive years. He responded, “I feel differently this year and not as nervous as I was last year. In contrast, I see a lot of my colleagues working really hard. I will be rooting for them.”

1668518885127.png