• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
Samantha Ko showing a little boob. :geek:

1661866671449.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Denice Lam Wins Miss Hong Kong 2022​

1664286708408.png

he Miss Hong Kong 2022 was held on September 26, 2022 and resulted in 27-years-old Denice Lam (林鈺洧) taking home the crown. Cecca Xu (許子萱) bagged three awards including first runner up award, Miss International Goodwill Award and Ecological Conservation Award. Joey Leung (梁超怡) won second-runner up and Miss Photogenic.

In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Hong Kong Pageantry, the contestant graced the stage and paid tribute to the past. While the pageants opened the event with a grand dance, many of the contestant performed with stiff movements and Astrid Xu (徐麟) was seen dancing like a robot.

During the self-introduction segment, Astrid, Gabrielle Wang (王子蝶), Cherry Chan (陳銘鳳), and Naomi Zhang (張可欣) struggled with their Cantonese pronunciation while Cecca and Chloe Cheung (張光怡) took the opportunity to highlight their academic background. Cecca revealed that she was admitted to Oxford and Cambridge but wanted to compete in the pageantry to get a unique experience.

During the show’s final segment with the top 5 contestants, Denice was asked what she would she say in her winning speech to her father and former actor Wilson Lam (林俊賢). Denice responded that she believed her father would be very surprised and revealed that her father did not approve her decision to compete in Miss Hong Kong 2022.

When Denice was announced as the winner, the beauty queen was in total disbelief and asked if the results were true. However, while Denice was sitting on the throne, Denice accidentally exposed herself.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Can Natalie Tong Survive Outside of TVB?​

1664547686157.png

Working at TVB for 19 years, Natalie Tong (唐詩詠) is surprisingly leaving the station. With the 40-year-old wanting to fulfill her dream to explore the world of theatre, many wonder how she will fare outside of TVB.

Since joining TVB in 2003 and starring in her first drama Hearts of Fencing <當四葉草碰上劍尖時>, Natalie has filmed 55 dramas. After her breakout performance in A Fistful of Stances <鐵馬尋橋> which resulted in her Best Improved Actress win, Natalie was subsequently nominated for Best Supporting Actress several times. Finally in 2017, she won Best Actress for her role in My Unfair Lady <不懂撒嬌的女人> and officially joined the ranks of top-tier fadans by starring in Stealing Seconds <棟仁的時光>, Big White Duel <白色強人>, and The Kwoks and What <我家無難事>.

If she were to renew her contract with TVB, Natalie would likely be filming similar roles and working with the same co-stars. Entering her 40s, Natalie seems ready for a new change to challenge herself professionally and personally.

Former top TVB actresses are faring well in the Chinese market, but need to continue their exposure levels and starring in buzzworthy productions. Charmaine Sheh’s (佘詩曼) career peaked in 2018 after Story of Yanxi Palace <延禧攻略> aired, which allowed her to make a lot more money in China instead of the Hong Kong market, while Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) made appearances in popular variety shows.

On the other hand, Tavia Yeung’s (楊茜堯) only significant release was Modern Dynasty <家族榮耀> since leaving TVB in 2016 and becoming a mother. The drama’s cast was comprised of mostly former TVB artistes which demonstrates their popularity in China. For example, Cheung Chilam (張智霖), Jordan Chan (陳小春), and Michael Tse (謝天華) have exploded in popularity after participating in music competition Call Me by Fire <披荆斩棘的哥哥> and earning new fortunes with endless performance invitations.

Natalie also seems to be primed for new opportunities outside of TVB, as she has many fans in China and Asia. Even if she pursues theater exclusively in the coming year, she can still focus on the Chinese market afterward. She can also sign with TVB’s sister company, Shaw Brothers, as executive Virginia Lok (樂易玲) had already expressed her welcome.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Eric Tsang Kisses Malaysian Model​

1664719575249.png

Twice married with four children, 69-year-old TVB General Manager Eric Tsang (曾志偉) is a veteran in entertainment circles, and often surrounded by a bevy of beauties. Recently, he was captured on video kissing a 26-year-old Malaysian model at the latter’s birthday party!

Known to be hospitable to his circle of friends both belonging to and outside of the entertainment industry, Eric made a surprise appearance at model Lebara‘s (黎峇菈) birthday party. A 1.8m-tall beauty, Lebara is the rumored goddaughter of prominent Hong Kong businessman Lawrence Yu (余錦基), and a frequent face at yacht parties and elite parties.

Video By Birthday Party Attendees Goes Viral

1664719641375.png

In the video taken, she was seen busy photographing her birthday cake, as friends present clapped and sang the Cantonese version of happy birthday. Clapping and singing along, Eric who was dressed casually in a white tee paced over to Lebara towards the end of the song.

Wrapping his arms around her, he joined the birthday girl in blowing out the candles on her cake, and even gave her a peck on the lips thereafter. Surprised by Eric’s display of enthusiasm, the attendees cheered, while Lebara commemorated the occasion on Instagram. Referencing the long-running TVB variety show Super Trio Series <獎門人>, she wrote “This year I got the Prize Master to blow my birthday candles and wish me ‘Happy Birthday’, my wish this year is (for) world peace without any hatred,”

With the video making its rounds on the Internet, netizens have dug up more about Lebara’s background. Fluent in Mandarin Chinese, the model filmed an eye drops and jewelry commercial with Hong Kong actor Benjamin Yuen (袁偉豪) once, and is seemingly well acquainted with the high-profile including Lawrence Yu and Lawrence Cheng (鄭丹瑞). Her social media profile is also full of pictures of her out at sea, dressed in bikinis which show off her figure.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Grace Chan Reveals Where She Kissed Kevin Cheng for the First Time​

1665232975190.png

It is well known that Grace Chan (陳凱琳) and Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) fell in love on the set of 2016’s Blue Veins <殭>. Always gushing about her perfect match with Kevin, Grace revealed where the couple’s first kiss had occurred.

Attending a promotional event for the anniversary celebration of local department store, Grace played games with the attendees. Chatting about her dating relationship with Kevin, Grace praised him for being a very attentive co-star and taking great care of her on the filming set. Developing feelings for each other at work, Grace said their first kiss took place on the rooftop of the TVB building.

Grace hopes to Start Children’s Business

As a mother of two young boys, Grace has halted filming dramas due to the hectic schedule but remains active in hosting variety shows. Being a social influencer allows Grace to maintain close relationships with brands, and inspires her entrepreneurial side. After launching her own skincare brand in 2020, Grace is ready to start another business.

Since she does not hesitate to spend more money when shopping for her sons, Grace believes there is a big demand for high quality children’s products. She hopes to open an online store and expand to a physical location if sales are good. Currently, she is searching for other parents to join her in the business venture.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ali Lee Admits She Had Many Issues with Ex-boyfriend​

1665240884168.png

Breaking up with longtime boyfriend Danny Chan (陳炳銓) in 2020, Ali Lee (李佳芯) has remained single. Feeling weary in starting a new relationship, Ali spoke extensively about her previous relationship and what went wrong.

On the most recent episode of the variety show Walking with You 3 <仨心友行3>, show host Lai Lok Yi (黎諾懿) welcomed Ali, Mayanne Mak (麥美恩), and Tiffany Lau (劉穎鏇) as guests. Openly discussing their views on love and relationships, Mayanne and Tiffany both admitted to being too friendly and often causing the opposite sex to overthink their gestures. On the other hand, Ali shared that her personality is rather direct. This personality trait stems from her youth, as her mother often strictly forbade Ali from doing anything that would mislead others. When she realizes she may be too nice to someone of the opposite sex, she would immediately stop. Due to this, Ali feels she does not have a lot of pursuers.

Ali shared, “If I like someone, I will bother him all day long even if he doesn’t pursue me. If I don’t like him, I wouldn’t accept any gestures from him and would act like a man and say to him ‘It’s okay. No need. I can carry this myself.’ I am very afraid of people misunderstanding me.”

Hoping that her other half would understand and support her, Ali further added, “I come off as someone who is very strong. It’s easy for my other half to feel that I don’t need him, because I am not someone who will whine or sweet-talk. Now I’ve learned that a simple ‘I don’t know how to do this–what would I do without you?’ can make someone feel needed and happy.”

Although she did not disclose the reason for breaking up with Danny, Ali admitted that there were many issues which had been brewing for a long time. Due to the pandemic and isolating, they were able to spend more time together, causing the issues to surface and forcing them to face the matters head-on. Despite this, the ex-couple ended on good terms, with Ali expressing that they continue to remain friends who stay in touch. “I’m very grateful that we’re able to find an alternate way of maintaining a relationship as friends.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Denice Lam Reportedly Used Pageantry Winnings to Cover Debt​

1665413713649.png

Newly crown Miss Hong Kong 2022 Denice Lam (林鈺洧) is attracting the media’s attention as her background history get dug up. After making the news about her past statement about her sex life on television, a source close to Denice revealed that the beauty queen allegedly competed the pageant for money to pay off her credit card debt.

Although Denice worked as model and had her father and TVB star Wilson Lam’s (林俊賢) good looks, Denise’s career was on shaky ground. A friend of Denice reportedly shared that before Denise competed for Miss Hong Kong 2022, Denice had a debt of half a million Hong Kong dollars and often relied on men to help pay off her credit card bills. The source revealed that Denice thought she could use the pageantry and the winning for her debt.

Denice’s Response

When the reporters caught Denice running errands, Denice appeared to be caught off guard by their questions. When asked what she did with her pageantry winnings, Denice smiled and revealed she donated the funds. When the reporters probed if Denice owed debts on her credit cards, Denice frowned and responded, “No, there is no debt.” Denice then quickly walked away to dodge the questions.

In the evening, Denice changed into a cheongsam for a charity dinner and shared that she had been busy attending various events. Revealing that she only had 5 to 6 hours of sleep, Denice said, “I don’t want to have a cation. I like to work”

Denice explained that she had been trying to improve her public speaking skills and her eloquence. Although Denice was praised by Louisa Mak (麥明詩) for her directness and honesty, Denice admitted that she is still lacking but she did not regret her public statement of her sex life, “My mouth does not run as fast as my brain. I will not be so bold [in the future]. I will learn to filter and modify.”

The next day, Denice took the initiative to talk with the media at an event and clarified another rumor that Denice once stormed to a woman’s workplace to fight over her boyfriend. Denice was adamant that the rumor was false and that there was no third party in her past relationship, “People who know me know that I date for marriage. There was no third party in my relationship with my ex-boyfriend. This is fake news.

Denice revealed that she and her ex-boyfriend did not remain in contact and she is currently concentrating on her career over a relationship. Hoping to perform her duties as Miss Hong Kong, Denice also wished to build her career successfully.