• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
Roxanne showing off her rings. :laugh:

1657895993726.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

20 Candidates Compete in Miss Hong Kong 2022​

1658326822785.png

Preparations for Miss Hong Kong 2022 continue to move along. Earlier, TVB executives Eric Tsang (曾志偉) and Virginia Lok (樂易玲) commented that this year’s candidates were of high caliber who greatly surpass last year’s applicants. Perhaps it was not an exaggeration after all, as the selection for the pageantry has moved to its third round of interviews. This is a rare occurrence, as there are typically only two interviews to select the pageant pool.

One of the hot favorites this year is Sharon Ying (邢慧敏), who is currently working as a model and is both a friend and colleague of Shiga Lin (連詩雅). Another hot contender is Hong Kong actor Wilson Lam’s (林俊賢) daughter, 27-year-old Denice Lam (林卓錡). Arriving for their third interviews, Sharon and Denice both stole the show with their charm, looks, and luxury brand accessories.

Twenty-two year old Khaki Leung (梁家琪) is nominated by TVB actress Florence Kwok (郭秀雲). Son Ye Jin look-a-like, Leung Chiu Yi (梁超怡), is a Hong Kong native who immigrated to the United States at the age of 14. She studied marketing at Northern Illinois University. Another contestant who has caught the media’s attention is Kary, who changed her image from young and cute during the second interview, to mature and womanly for the third interview.

After the initial rounds of the interviews, 20 contestants have been selected to compete in Miss Hong Kong 2022. The candidates received haircuts and image makeovers before meeting with the press. However, medical resident Chloe was unable to attend due to personal matters.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

TVB Holds Miss Hong Kong 2022 Interviews​

1658583372636.png

Preparing for the Miss Hong Kong 2022 pageant, TVB held its first round of interviews last week. There were a total of 110 applicants, with 82 in-person interviews and more than 20 virtual interviews with overseas contestants and those that are under quarantine restrictions. The management team is currently deliberating on selecting the best candidates for this year’s pageant.

Eric Tsang (曾志偉) and Virginia Lok (樂易玲) commented on the caliber of contestants this year, praising that the quality of this year’s interviewees exceeded those of the previous year.

A few standout contestants include former Hong Kong actor Wilson Lam’s (林俊賢) daughter, 27-year-old Denice Lam (林卓錡), and Shiga Lin’s (連詩雅) friend and colleague, Sharon Ying (邢慧敏). Both are experienced in the entertainment industry. Denice began her modeling career in 2015 and has also filmed several ViuTV shows. Sharon is a model and is currently under management by the same modeling company as Shiga.

Models, Bianca, Tiffany, and Mira are also early favorites and have extensive followers. Educated in the United States and currently working in finance, Cecca is another candidate who stood out for her beauty.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Samantha Ko Once Cut Off Contact From World For 6 Months​

1658839324983.png

Attending Hong Kong Professional Elite Ladies Selection 2022, actress Samantha Ko (高海寧) shared about her personal history of battling emotional illness, and hopes to raise awareness about mental health through her vocation as a celebrity.

Themed “Realizing Your Authentic Self, Setting Dreams Ablaze”, nominees had to answer a series of interview questions, including how they planned to give back to society. “I entered the (entertainment) industry back then full of passion, and hope to share this spirit of tenacity with youths… they often have many ideas but might lack practical support, I want to see how I can help them, as I feel everyone should pursue their dreams and give their best shot while they’re young,” the 35-year-old enthused.

Emotional Health is Under-addressed
Sharing about her own brush with emotional illness, Samantha revealed that she suffered from alopecia and hair loss, in addition to thyroid issues. Recounting how she shut herself from the world at her lowest point, she recalled, “…No one could find me, (as) I rejected all attempts to contact me, for a period of six months. There was once when my grandfather died and I just kept screaming till I had to see the doctor for treatment, at the end I had to depend on myself to overcome (my own demons),”'

Having found the light at the end of the tunnel, she shared, “You have to learn how to deal with your emotions,” As an actress, she hopes that she can use her vocation to highlight the importance of mental health. “I think that emotional wellness is (even) more important than physical health, but many tend of neglect it, especially given our stressful lifestyles, and so we should care for those in our midst,”

Not want to limit herself as an actress, Samantha hopes to portray characters with emotional illnesses or psychological problems onscreen. “Because I’ve gone through it, it will be more authentic,” she said, putting aside any fears of a relapse.

Hopes To Have a Shot at TV Queen
Playing an amnesiac woman with the mental capacity of an eight-year-old in recently concluded drama Childhood In a Capsule <童時愛上你>, Samantha calls it a challenging role with plenty of room to maneuver, and one of her favorites to date. “The character underwent different phases, and each had to be navigated with precision”, she said.

Delighted to receive encouraging feedback from viewers, Samantha specially held a livestream to thank fans. “I’m very touched…many netizens said they couldn’t bear to part (with the character) and left comments on TVB website hoping for a sequel, movie version or spin-off such as a sitcom, so (they) can watch it daily,” As some viewers commented on her performance as TV Queen-worthy, the actress also hopes she will have a stab at winning recognition for “Best Actress” at the end of the year!

Asked about actress Louise Wong (王丹妮) picking up the Best Newcomer Award at the recent 40th Hong Kong Film Awards, Samantha said that she is is overjoyed to hear about her good friend’s accomplishment, and hopes she herself will also be picked by (Louise’s boss) Louis Koo (古天樂) to act opposite the former on the big screen.

On whether she might be playing mentor to Best Male Supporting Actor winner Mason Fung (馮皓揚), who recently enrolled himself in TVB Artiste Training Class, Samantha humbly replied, “I look forward more to working with him, there’re many good actors at the company who can guide him along, such as Moses Chan (陳豪) and Wayne Lai (黎耀祥).”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Samantha Ko in Contract Negotiations with TVB​

1659014147407.png

Filming a variety show in China earlier, Samantha Ko (高海寧) had just completed her mandatory quarantine upon her return to Hong Kong and will remain in the city for local jobs in the short term. Excited for her new series Childhood in A Capsule <童時愛上你>, the 35-year-old talked about memorable scenes in the drama as well as her current contraction negotiations with TVB.

As Samantha’s character possesses the mentality of an 8-year-old girl after an accident, she is filled with innocence. “There’s a scene where I emerge from the shower and struggle with putting on a bra. I end up ripping it, and come out of the bathroom wearing a white t-shirt without anything underneath it. I definitely scared Owen Cheung (張振朗)!” Although laughing over the scene, Samantha assured she did not reveal anything inappropriate during filming.

As to working with Owen, Samantha reveals that the actor has a habit of giving himself a pep talk before filming to calm his nervousness. Samantha finds his little pep talks hilarious, and praises Owen for allowing her to get into character very naturally.

Although Samantha returned to Hong Kong to promote her new drama, another reason is the need to negotiate her soon-to- expire contract with TVB. Although with her employer for 14 years, Samantha noted, “I’ve never won an award before, but I’ve heard of the rumors regarding exchanging awards for contract renewal. Personally, I think there are a lot of factors that go into getting an award – for example, fate being in the right place at the right time, and getting to play a character who is loved by audience.”

Responding to rumors of her possible relocation to China, Samantha admitted it is a good idea to expand her career in another market, but she is currently at a major crossroad in her life and will need to consider things carefully.