• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Tiffany Lau Thanks Joel Chan for Mentoring Her​

1646138576970.png

Entering the entertainment industry after competing in Miss Hong Kong 2016, 24-year-old Tiffany Lau (劉穎鏇) is rising to the top quickly. Starring in two big productions, The Righteous Fists <鐵拳英雄> and Freedom Memories <青春不要臉>–the latter in which she landed her first leading role–Tiffany talks about her experience and gives special thanks to Joel Chan (陳山聰) for mentoring her.

Only 19 years old when she competed in the pageant, the Los Angeles native did not finish her university studies. In the last two years, Tiffany studied hard to complete her bachelor’s degree online. In December, she flew back to the United States to visit family and attend her university graduation ceremony. Because of Hong Kong’s restrictions due to worsening COVID-19 cases, Tiffany is still in the United States and postponed her return to Hong Kong until April.

From “Father” to “Lover”

1646138613640.png

Tiffany’s early hosting job on variety show Sidewalk Scientists <學是學非> allowed her to gain valuable onscreen experience. Similar to most Miss Hong Kongers, the best way to improve her acting once switching to dramas was learning from her seniors on set.

Thanking them for their helpful advice, Tiffany specifically called out Joel for his immense assistance throughout her career. “Joel has been the biggest help of all. In the last four years, I’ve worked with him the most. We’ve filmed four series together, and we’ve had the most scenes together. That’s why he would always give me advice.”

A patient mentor, Joel would pay attention to Tiffany’s lines and correct any “unnatural” diction due to her accented Cantonese. “He would also notice things that I wouldn’t notice myself – for example, he would correct the rhythm of my speech,” she said gratefully.

In 2020’s The Runner, Joel portrayed Tiffany’s father. The pair will have a romantic storyline in action drama The Invisible Team. Tiffany remarked, “Whenever we have sad scenes, he would try his best to help me get into character. That’s why he has been such a big influence on me.”

Hopes to Improve Her Weaknesses

Tiffany has learned to analyze and understand how each scene should be handled differently, and how each and every character has its own value. After getting home from work, Tiffany would re-enact scenes again just to understand what needs to be improved in the future.

Claiming that her weakness is crying scenes, Tiffany recalls a particular time when she was overwhelmed with pressure. Although many people tried helping her on set, Tiffany was unable to deliver a particular crying scene. Frustrated, Tiffany went home and ended up bursting into tears. Although she admits to lacking enough life experience to draw upon, Tiffany said it is not an excuse for not delivering the scene successfully.

With a better grasp of what it is like to be a real actress now, Tiffany is still searching for a method to continue improving and said she has yet to reach a point in her career where she can start crying at the director’s command.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ruco Chan Ran Up 40 Flights of Stairs to Please Phoebe Sin​

1646414726005.png

In a recent episode of Bong Bong, Amigo! <諸朋好友>, hosts Amigo Chui (崔建邦) and Mayanne Mak (麥美恩) invited three of TVB’s most loving couples to sit down and talk about memorable moments in their marriages. Phoebe Sin (單文柔) hopes that Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) is more romantic, while Lai Lok Yi (黎諾懿) and Tsui Wing (徐榮) reveal what triggers their wives’ anger.

Ruco Chan and Phoebe Sin Show Off Affection

Married for over three years, Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and Phoebe Sin (單文柔) continue to show off their affection for each other on the show. Due to Phoebe’s inability to express her words and feelings on the show, Ruco and Lai Lok Yi (黎諾懿) were constantly teasing her. Despite the jokes, Phoebe laughed along and did not mind a little bit of fun to add more liveliness to the show.

1646414763994.png

Ruco revealed that Phoebe is the “dreaming” type – she often dreams and hopes that her husband is as romantic as male leads found in dramas. “The most romantic thing I’ve done for Valentine’s Day is when I gave her 100 red roses. She always digs up my old shows, and asks me to redo what my character does on TV. But those are TV shows – I don’t have to pay out of pocket,” Ruco revealed.

Met with many unfortunate events during their wedding photoshoot in England in 2018, Phoebe revealed that Ruco ran up 40 flights of stairs to avoid disappointing her. Explaining that his engagement was still unannounced to the public, Ruco “couldn’t find enough people to help out” with the photo shoot. “When I went to pick up the wedding dress, the elevator was broken that day. I ran up dozens of floors. My legs felt like jelly that day.”

Phoebe originally suggested they reschedule and pick up the wedding gown the next day, but Ruco insisted on running the stairs so their plans would not be delayed.

jw5

Loyal
HK Actress Phoebe Sin, 30, met her husband, 43-year-old actor Ruco Chan in 2016.

1646482530922.png