• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today's Scripture Reading

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
judas simply kena sabotaged by god,,,,

from the beginning, god set him up to betray jesus,,,,

god no tempt people? hahaha,,,, its just a bloody joke.....

god is just good as judas, will sell you out for a better price,,,,, Kan

God neber knew some clowns wrote his Word over a period of 1,500 years known as the ByeBlur. He gave up on his creations soon when they simply married their own siblings (read Genesis) and produce more stupid clowns.

In the Byeblur you can read God must intervene many times on man made problems and finally gave up and send his only Son to be killed by his own clowns to tell you to fuck off.

God is also a clown sending his Only Son to be slaughtered. In conculsion, God and his own creations are both clowns.

Last edited:

guy-uninterrupted

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this matter bro Tan , let me offer my own take from another perspective.
God almighty sent Jesus and all the messengers like Moses David Jacob Joseph Abraham Noah etc etc ( peace and blessings if God be on all of them ).
Their message was all the same there was no contradiction in what they taught their folk people. And their message was...

That God is one.

As for bro Psalm23, the position taken that Jesus is God himself has become untenable as recent posts by Drifter n Tanwahtiu have shown. I sincerely urge you to reconsider your position and thus return to the original teachings of Christ and follow His examples and of the earlier Prophets of God.

The search for truth requires all of us to keep learning and not to stop after thinknig that we have found the truth. Please do yourself a huge favour conduct yr own research n find out what were the origins of the bible n how it came to be.

Look up bart ehrman. Even the national library carries his books!! Also on youtube.
Robert eisenman is another. Elaine pagels and many others.
I hope we all find the truth.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [March 13, 2011]

Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. [1 Corinthians 11:27-29. KJV]

As you read in the newspaper over the last several weeks, you will noticed that there are several articles on the cost of living, in particular the cost of medical. The cost of medical (besides the rise general inflation) worried many people not just here but around the world. Sicknesses, sadly, are all parts and parcels of our lives. The worrying trend is that diseases such as strokes, heart-attack, diabetic, certain types of cancer that used to affect only older people are claiming the lives of young men and women. Regardless of your religious beliefs or orientations, no one can be spared from diseases and ultimate departure from this sin-sick world. Frequently, I have received via SMSs from our church requesting prayers for healing because the members themselves, their friends or relatives have fallen sick. In some churches, there are dedicated teams of believers formed to just pray for healing for those who are sick. Just go to Google and search of “healing ministry” you can see many of these ministries.

We must admit that work pressure, family matters and our general poor dietary habits contribute much to the sickness today but we too must come to realization that our weaknesses - mentally, physically and spiritually – can due to our disobedient. How then can we prevent from sickness, scripturally-speaking?

In my today’s scripture verses taken from 1 Corinthians 11:27-29, we are warned that unless we examine ourselves that we are worthy to be at the Lord’s table, partaking of holy communion can do more harm than good to us. The cause of our weaknesses, our sicknesses can be attributed to our failure to examine ourselves to stand before our Lord. It is quite sad that churches have not made this as an important message to Christians. Instead, we have seen churches around the world organizing big ‘healing’ events. Yes, God heals. Yes, God wants to see us healthy. Yes, God can answer our prayer. But all these come with conditions. They are not unconditional. Even when we pray, our pray is effective if we are right with God (James 5:16). What happened at Corinth during Jesus’ time puts us on notice right now, for if we do not approach our dear Lord Jesus with the right attitude and behaviour, then the immutable Lord may as well break out among us. Therefore, we must not and cannot come to the Lord’s table or His altar casually, thoughtlessly. Consider the sacrifice of our Lord; consider the precious blood of our Lord; confess our sin, truthfully, honestly and repentantly; get right with ourselves before we help others to get right with God; examine ourselves because when we judge ourselves, we will not be judged.

Let us not allow ourselves to fall into complacency here, for it is all too easy to just turn up without a thought given to the Lord’s Supper beforehand, and to just go through the motions. Make this our regular habit before coming to the Lord’s Supper, and we will not be judged or suffer the judgments of God. This of course implies dealing with anything you find in a Biblical way, through confession of sin and repentance.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear guy-uninterrupted,

You have rightly pointed out that there is no contradiction in the Bible and I seem to understand that you are referring only to the Old Testament. I truly respect your belief and your religious orientation. No amount of debate can let a person come to the conclusion or convict a person to believe in God and to believe that Jesus is God. As Christians, we believe that unless the Holy Spirit himself revealed to us, it is futile to go a find God. Yes, Bible has said, seek and you shall find but our ultimate 'find' has to be revealed by God himself. We must do the first step to find Him and God will do His second step in revealing Himself to us.

Even in the Old Testment, right the first book, the Book of Genesis, we noticed that a plural pronoun is used to indicate the 'nature of God' - Let us make man our image, after our likeness (Genesis 2:26). Most Bible-believing scholars have come to the conclusion (with much basis) that God is of Three-Person: the Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. The doctrine of trinity can be fully found in the Bible. By way of analogy, all matters appeared in three forms. For example water can be in the forms of liquid, gas or solid (as in ice), so is plastic, steel.

Having said this, I want to also mention that Bible has no contradiction - Old and New has one message: We are all sinners and we all need a Saviour. The Jews have acknowledged this and the promising of a Messiah is one of the key doctrinal beliefs in the Judiasm. Jesus is this Saviour but the Jews refused to accept Him and they are still waiting for the Messiah as told in the OT. The prophetic message that a Saviour is to be born appeared in many of the 39 books in the OT, notably the Book of Isaiah and in many Psalms.

Just ask yourself this question - and I am assuming you are not a Jew - if you believe in the Old Testament which has prophesied the birth of a Saviour and if Jesus is not that Saviour, do you really think the world still have the time to wait for the birth of this Saviour as told in the OT? By the time the Saviour is born - even it is tomorrow - it is going to take another 30 years for this 'saviour' to die the way the OT Bible has predicted. Do you think that in the modern world today, you can hang a person on a tree (or on a wooden cross), wiped, scouraged, etc, etc just as they are depicted in the Bible? Just think about this. Such events will never happen in this so-called modern cilivized world.

Common-sense dictate, if you believe in a Messiah the way the OT Bible has mentioned - His birth, His death, His resurrection - can you name of a person who has fulfilled this in the whold history of mankind? I can and there is only one, Jesus Christ! Or are you too, like the Jews, waiting for the Messiah to arrive, to die of the terrible death, to be resurrected? Given the technology that is so advanced today, a virgin can give birth. The world now can have alot of 'messiah's, of babies born of virgins. But two thousand years ago, remember, there is no IVF technolgy! Yes, technology can create 'messiahs' but they cannot resurrect the dead. Only God can.

God Bless
Psalm23

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this matter bro Tan , let me offer my own take from another perspective.
God almighty sent Jesus and all the messengers like Moses David Jacob Joseph Abraham Noah etc etc ( peace and blessings if God be on all of them ).
Their message was all the same there was no contradiction in what they taught their folk people. And their message was...

That God is one.

As for bro Psalm23, the position taken that Jesus is God himself has become untenable as recent posts by Drifter n Tanwahtiu have shown. I sincerely urge you to reconsider your position and thus return to the original teachings of Christ and follow His examples and of the earlier Prophets of God.

The search for truth requires all of us to keep learning and not to stop after thinknig that we have found the truth. Please do yourself a huge favour conduct yr own research n find out what were the origins of the bible n how it came to be.

Look up bart ehrman. Even the national library carries his books!! Also on youtube.
Robert eisenman is another. Elaine pagels and many others.
I hope we all find the truth.

The OT is Yewish people version of their God and if you read Koran you will see the similarity of the texts. I leave OT as it is and to the Jewish people to deal with. If Jesus is a Messiah the Jews will tell you so.

It is the NT that had all the lies and deception about Jesus and protraying Jesus as God. Jesus is not a God. He was the 3rd Davidic Messianic Movement leader out of the 7 that wanted to free their people from the Roman. Reading the NT Bible alone will make you a fool and stupid dickhead, you must read books that bibical scholars researches and how they deal with the storylines in NT.

Many of my previous explanations of NT are for you to read with an open mind. There is no need for me to explain again. Take it like a pinch of salt.

By the way, Jesus did not die on the cross for you. He lived to evanglise and form his Christianity religion with Paul. Why need to have Relevation as the last chapter in the Bible? With all the coded messages of 7 churches and more is to hide the work of Jesus building up his Christianity religion.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Psalm23,

Just happened to log in. Saw your post. You really do have a very visible sense of quality and maturity in your writings. Keep it going. Great work! :smile:

The Japanese are going through a very tough time. Let's pray for them.

It looks like God's Judgment is being poured out onto the world. It is a terrible thing isn't it?

I read today that Indonesia is going ahead with its plans for a nuclear reactor. I sincerely hope they know what they are doing. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12742021

Anyway you are doing a good thing, far far more than what I am doing for God today in my life. Blessings be unto you.

Regards

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The OT is Yewish people version of their God and if you read Koran you will see the similarity of the texts. I leave OT as it is and to the Jewish people to deal with. If Jesus is a Messiah the Jews will tell you so.

It is the NT that had all the lies and deception about Jesus and protraying Jesus as God. Jesus is not a God. He was the 3rd Davidic Messianic Movement leader out of the 7 that wanted to free their people from the Roman. Reading the NT Bible alone will make you a fool and stupid dickhead, you must read books that bibical scholars researches and how they deal with the storylines in NT.

Many of my previous explanations of NT are for you to read with an open mind. There is no need for me to explain again. Take it like a pinch of salt.

By the way, Jesus did not die on the cross for you. He lived to evanglise and form his Christianity religion with Paul. Why need to have Relevation as the last chapter in the Bible? With all the coded messages of 7 churches and more is to hide the work of Jesus building up his Christianity religion.

that is if the bible is for real...but apparently it was made up to control the peoples' mind and keep the empire or throne going.....yeshua part is only a small part from the bible...but peeps use it to brainwash others

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear IR123,

Thanks for the very encouraging words. I was worried last week because I couldn't log into Sammyboy. Thank God. The log in problem was fixed just in time for me to post my weekly post.

I am sure some of the readers missed your contribution. I must add that in most of my postings, I was trying to relate the world events to the Bible and what God has to say to us, in particular, He wanting us to do just 'nothing' but be faithful to Him and follow His way, but the world has simply ignored Him.

Yes. I can agree with you. Judgment day is near but many people just refuse to acknowledge and just like the days of Noahs, the days of Lot, they are are merrying, drinking, etc...as if nothing terrible will happen. The events in Japan is a wake up call but sadly, we have gone through so many of these wake up calls over the last 2 years - rememeber earthquake in Haiti, the U.S. oil spill, the earthqake in NZ, flood in Australia, severe drought in India, China, etc. Sadly, after the cleanup, everyone seems to forget about those things and go back to our old (i.e. sinful) way.

Hope to read some contributions by you.

God bless.
Psalm23

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ooi psalm23, u gt a new fren....suck cock buddy...:biggrin:

lianbeng is lianbeng lah what psalm23 altho lianbeng still goes to church every Sunday lah.

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want." Psalm 23:1:smile:

lianbeng says, God is punishing Japan for their war crimes!:mad:
payback time? :confused:

hmm...
lianbeng thinks: seems like God is intervening to stop the messy build-up of wars between China n Japan, S.Korea n N.Korea.
it's ok if u dun believe in God.
Jesus rebuked the storm: "Be still!"

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For-My-Sake-Stop-with-your-stupid-threads.jpg

sgczar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Er you so called experts of the Bible, why the world portray Jesus as an AngMoh? He is of Palestinian/Israeli origin leh and THAT is in Asia. Asians don't look like AngMoh one bit!

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [March 20, 2011]

The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. [Genesis 6:11-15. KJV]

As we all can see or read, the news of Japan’s earthquake, tsunami and the threat of radio-active contamination dominated the front pages of the newspaper for the last several days. Both CNN and BBC have them as their ‘Breaking News.’ Indeed, they are truly “Breaking News” but for all the wrong reasons just like almost all “Breaking News.” We discovered often that ‘Breaking News” bring bad events, and some are really, really bad just like the current Japan earthquake news that even secular media is using phrases like “of biblical proportions” to describe current events.

As the crisis in Japan is worsening, at the same time we read the situation in the Middle East is anything but violence everywhere. Let us also not forget the very recent seismic shock in New Zealand, flood in Australia, drought in many Asian countries and the less known event of the disappearing honey bees. Believers who are serious in their search for God’s word, recognize the signs of the times aren’t surprised because these are the signs that are proclaiming that our redemption and end is near (Luke 21:25-28).

Because of these apocalyptic events over the last 24 months or so, there is a sweeping fear in the hearts of men, so deep that the emperor of Japan has come out to express his concerns. Regardless of our religious belief, everyone is very concerned of what’s next and wondering which country will be the next to be hit with natural disasters. The combined destructive force from the Mother Nature and man-made object of nuclear reactors that we now see in Japan cannot and will not let even the cleverest people escape the affliction. People, perhaps, need to be clever to make money but our cleverness cannot be a tool for us to escape affliction. Only God can deliver us from the affliction just like what He has done for Noah.

In my humble message today, I will not say much about these apocalyptic events happening now in Japan which are still unfolding because there are already so much we can read or see them in the mass media. Rather, I felt that it is timely for us to revisit the first apocalyptic event, the Noah’s flood, as recorded in the Bible that took place 6,000 years’ ago. The ark that Noah built has now become a significant spiritual symbol of safety for those who trusted God. Noah had built this ark with great faith and with huge sacrifice. He succeeded in building one of the biggest ship the world has ever known. We can learn several very important lessons from Noah and these lessons, prayerfully, will help us to build a closer and stronger relationship with our dear Saviour, Jesus Christ.

First, the ark that God instructed Noah to build was purely for him and his family alone (plus of course the ten of thousands of animals that Noah was to take them into the ark). As the story revealed, God could not stand the sight of the sins and wickedness that run rampant and He wanted to send a flood to destroy all these wickedness. It must be acknowledged that the intent of the flood is to destroy sin and wickedness. In fact, if the people who were living around Noah were to repent and be as righteous as Noah, they too would be spared. Instead, these people must be wondering how ‘stupid’ Noah was and must have told Noah that “How could there be a flood a desert. You are wasting your resources. You are just an idiot!” Do these proclamations sound familiar to us as Christians when we attempt to live in holiness, in brotherly love, in doing His will by sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with others? They sound very familiar to me! When we put our trust in the blood of Jesus which is our ark, we are laughed upon, we are mocked at, and we are labeled as idiots! On the contrary, God has told us that only fools say in their hearts that there is no God because they are corrupt and they do abominable things (Psalm 14:1). Noah, on the hand, could discern the voice of God and took every of God’s instruction with deep seriousness. So serious that he spent the next 120 years working on those instructions to build the ark. Needless to say that he built the ark under the most uncompromising environment. Can you imagine building a ship bigger than many modern cruise ship right in a desert when people in Noah’s time didn’t know what rain drops of water were let alone trying to imagine what a flood looked like! If this is not faith, nothing is.

Second, Noah must be have put all his resources in the building of the ark. Remember the ark was built in a desert and one could find hardly any tree. To build the ark of that size – 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high - he needed a lot of high quality wooden logs of gopher which is a type of wood perfect for boat-building. Logistically it was quite impossible to complish this just with his family members because there were only eight of them (4 males and 4 females). Furthermore, they had to go to forests which could be hundred miles away from their desert home and cut down the trees and move these logs to their home to build the ark. Most likely, he had to purchase them and/or engaged workers to bring the logs to his home. My guest is which is as good as yours, but I am quite sure that he must have invested almost of his savings or income to build the ark. Remember, there was no modern equipment and everything had to be done by hand. Each and every piece of wood had to be sawed, cut, polished to perfectly fit together. Could those four men from Noah’s family do it without any help? The Bible is silent on this but logistically it’s a great challenge, and unless they had employed workers to help them, it was quite an impossible tasks for just four men to accomplish the building of the ark. We know that nothing is impossible with God and how Noah did the construction is really not important. The most important lesson for us as Christian to take note is that it took Noah 120 years to finish the work. What a price he had pay for his perseverance, for his persistence, for his obedience, and for his sacrifice. This is a great lesson for us because our walk with the Lord needs our total sacrifice and by this I don’t mean just the sacrifice our tangible resources. Indeed, what is more important to us given the modern-day sins and wickedness that are so rampant, the sacrifice is all about our heart, our mind and our soul, our right attitude towards God. We have already got the ark and this ark is our Lord Jesus Christ who has sacrificed every drop of His blood on the cross for us. His death on the cross is our ark and we don’t need to build any physical ark anymore. We don’t need to spend one hundred and twenty years to build our ark! Just like Noah’s ark which had only one window that was built on top for Noah to just look upward to God and not to be bothered with the raging waves of the flood, we just need to run to Jesus and to turn all of ourselves over to Jesus and make Him the very focus of our lives. Though we have not experienced any tsunami ourselves (and thankfully we are very unlikely to experience it), however, many of us are facing tsunami of a different kind – the financial and economic tsunami of rising cost of food, fuel, housing, education, medical, etc. We need, however, to look heavenward and pray for strength that we are not to be bothered with these financial and economic afflictions. We need to put our trust in Jesus and to claim His promises that He will supply all our daily needs (and not our luxuriant wants) (Philippians 4:19) and to first seek His kingdom and righteousness (Matthew 6:33).

Third, God has given Noah the instructions that the ark would have only one door and it was through this door that Noah, his family and the thousands of animals that Noah had brought with could survive. There was no other entrance. Similar, we have only one way to our salvation and that is through Jesus Christ because He is the way, the truth and the life and no one can come to the Father except by Him (John 14:6). Noah’s ark has given us the prophetic glimpse of salvation. All we need to do now is to put every effort to build our relationship with our Ark, Lord Jesus. This Ark of Jesus is sealed with His blood and the door to this Ark is still wide open and is waiting for us to enter. This is the only door and it will be shut. Prayerfully, God will give us more time to respond to His calling to come to the Ark. Just like in Noah’s day, God has given time for Noah, though apparently was short when God gave Noah only seven days to bring the animals and his family into the ark before He sent the flood. When we are well-prepared, we should not worry about time. Our job is just get prepared by staying close to Jesus, by making Him the very focus of our lives, by putting all our resources to improve and to build relationship with Him. The Ark that we have is going to be big enough to accommodate all those who believe in Him. There are plenty of rooms and there is no shortage of space. But once all the faithful believers have entered into the Ark, it will be shut by God himself and once the door is shut, no one can open it. It will be the final Day of Judgment. On that day, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is the Lord (Philippians 2:10-11), but alas, if you are still outside the Ark, there is nothing you can do. It will be too late for you to respond to His calling. He has given you sufficient time to prepare but you have ignored Him. So, now is the time for you to confess and to fully accept the Ark of the Blood of Jesus as your redeeming blood because this is the only thing we need – the precious blood of Jesus just like the hymn writer Robert Lowry has put it: What can washed away my sin? What can make me whole again? Nothing but the (precious) blood of Jesus.

Last edited:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear IR123,

God bless.
Psalm23

Hi Psalm23,

I got too much on my plate at this time. However I was thinking of how I can support you in your endeavours. I started on something but it looks like it will take a while to finish. However it should come as a pleasant surprise to you.

In the meantime, do keep up your good work. And do extend your ministry to that of being an author, one day.

Regards,
IR123 (not my name, of course)

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
christians read about noah's ability to hear god, but refuses to see god's evil,,,, what a blind follower of faith,,,,,,,,,,

a bloody insane god that decides to flood the earth to save a family of 8. all the rest died. regardless pregnant ladies, month old children and such,,,,,

why would people worship such a tyrant god without morals,,,,,,

and it is not a localised flood, and resulting in incest procreation of human beings and such,,,,, and people worship call him an omniscience god,,,,, actually more like tua pao sian,,,,,,,,,,

so god decides to kill japanese in this earthquake and all perverted christians very happy?

have an insane god, and a merciless followers,,,,,,

a really fuck up world started by ...... a crazy god

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [March 27, 2011]

And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat. [Genesis 8:4. KJV)

In my last week’s sharing, I revisited the story of the Great Flood and Noah’s ark-building. To build an ark of that size – 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high – was not a small feat, certainly not for a faint-hearted. But Noah’s absolute obedience to God’s calling saved his family plus that ten of thousands animals that God had commanded Noah to bring with him.

To many Bible-believing Christians, like myself, the event of the Great Flood as recorded in the Book of Genesis was not just a legend, a myth or a fairytale. It was a real event experienced by a real family – Noah and his family. Besides the Bible, there are many stories of flood recorded by ancient people on stone carvings or ancient documents that archaeologists have found them. Some ancient caves were found to have pictures drawn to depict story of a gigantic flood. The Chinese language character for vessel clearly described of 'a boat with eight people'. Why not 5, 6, 7, 9 or 10? Why eight people in that Chinese language character? This is no pure coincidence. Rather, the story of the flood and a boat with eight people escaped the flood was communicated and depicted in this Chinese language character. Chinese language is one of the most peculiar languages (with Hebrew and Greek are being two others, in my opinion) and each stroke of its character bears meaning of some kind. Furthermore, Grand Canyon in the United States provides the most convincing geological evidence of an occurence of a global flood of biblical proportion not just million years ago but simply only few thousand years ago. To many non-Christians and those Bible skeptics, this Great Flood is just a fairytale. When the story of Noah is told the usual response from some skeptics is: If God is so loving, why would He send a flood to destroy all mankind? Frankly, this is quite a fair question and as Christians we owe them the answers, and whether they accept our answers or not, that’s their job and their convictions.

Going back to the days of Noah, after warning Noah of the impending flood, it took God 120 years to fully ‘operationalize’ His power and to release trillion upon trillion gallons of waters into the earth. Even though God saw that the wickedness of men was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of their hearts were only evil continually (Genesis 6:5), God remained very patient with them. He had given them 120 years to repent, to turn away from their evil ways and to give reverence to His ways. Is 120 years too short, too long or just right for God to destroy, not human, but sins and wickedness? As we can see from the Bible, God has capped our life span at 120 years (Genesis 6:3), and chronologically speaking, He had given the people there a whole life-time to repent. Instead of taking up this good offer to repent from their evil ways, the people continued to live in evilness.

As we can now see and witness from our daily news, the time leading up to the Great Flood was a lot like our time today in that it was characterised by a deliberate and escalating disregard for the ways of God. Everyone of us is given a lifetime to make the right choice and the only right choice for us right now is to give complete reverence to our God. We don’t know when will Mother Nature strike neither do we know what kind of man-made disasters we may (or rather will) have to face. We many think that we are very safe from major calamities but are we really safe? Being a small country, we are completely dependent on our daily needs from other countries – the water we drink, the fire we use to cook our food, the petrol we use for the cars, the vegetables, the meat, the canned food we eat, and not forgetting the air we breathed! Where can we run to when disaster strike? Remember, even you can be in the driest place on earth as in a desert, and the last thing you could expect is to see droplets of water from the sky, let alone raging waves, it can still be a very unsafe place. The desert may be dried now but it still can be literally sunk under trillion upon trillion gallons of water. This speaks to us very clearly that no place is safe in this earth and if we think we are in the safest place because we are living in a place surrounded by other countries that can protect us from tsunami, or we are living in a place outside the ‘Pacific rim of fire’, we all may be in for a surprise. Even for Japan which is over 550 times the size of our country, we can see now that Japan is facing stress of unimaginable proportion not just to the people around the earthquake zone but the whole of Japan.

Thankfully, in the midst of the Great Flood, we are given a glimpse of hope. When the Great Flood subsided, the ark that Noah built finally landed was not in a valley but on the Mountains of Ararat (Genesis 8:4). As we all know, in order for any mountaineer to reach to the top of a mountain top at 10,000 to 15,000 feet high, he has to put in a lot of training efforts. First, he has to exercise almost daily to be physically fit. This will follow with rigorous warning up by starting to climb mountains of 3,000, 4,000 or 5,000 feet high. Until he is trained to be able to climb mountains of these heights, he will not attempt to climb mountains at 10,000 or 15,000. It would be foolish to do so because it is like trying to run before he even know how to walk. But with God’s efforts, with God’s help, He brought the huge ark that Noah built and all its contents – Noah’s family and those ten thousands of animals – to the mountain top of Ararat. Likewise, our obedience to God is our best ‘bet’ to bring us to the mountain top of God’s dwelling place – the heavenly mansion that God has prepared for us. We don’t need any effort of ours. All that is required of us is our absolute obedience to live His ways and He will do the rest for us; He will steer us to the mountain top where we can enjoy absolute safety from the wrath of God himself. Our continual effort to obey Him, to keep our eyes on Jesus is our daily exercise – spiritually-speaking – to prepare us to reach the mountain top of God’s dwelling place. Like Noah’s ark which was an exclusive place specially built for Noah and his family and under God’s instruction and direction, the mountain top of God’s dwelling place is equally exclusive, reserved only of His chosen, obedient children.

Let me repeat and remind us again, if we were to plot through the whole episode of the Great Flood, we can easily discovered that during that time mankind had degenerated from human beings created in the very image of God who walked and talked with Him to a race whose thoughts and actions were totally depraved and bent only on evil (Genesis 6:5). Even God had graciously given the people 120 years to repent, we saw that only one family, the family of Noah did take up the offer to live righteously and to work tirelessly on God’s instructions to build the ark. This was the first chance that man was given the opportunity to ‘re-create’ and to live righteously with God. But as we proceed to read from the Book of Genesis, very soon after the Great Flood, sin returns. The sin of pride was so great that instead of looking upward to seek God, to be God-dependent creatures, man started to build a sky-scrapper – the Tower of Babel – and to try to reach out to heaven on their own and they wanted to build name for themselves (Genesis 11:4). In the process, they discarded God and God has no choice but to discard them because God’s spirit is not going to strive with them forever. Up to a point, God is going to give up on us if continue to do evil.

It’s been about 2011 years since man was given a second chance to be re-created by another divine event. This second chance to re-create was done by God’s only Son, Jesus at the Cross (2 Corinthians 5:17). Sadly, like the first re-created event of the Great Flood, the death of Jesus at the Cross still cannot save world’s decline in morality and its increased depravity. As a result, a single look around us is all that’s needed to see that from a spiritual and moral perspective life today is becoming pretty much “as it was in the days of Noah”. We must be reminded that God’s spirit is not going to strive with us forever (Genesis 6:3), and just like in Noah’s day when God decided not to strive with us terrible judgment will follow.

Today, the most sobering thought that paralleled to Genesis 6:3 when God declared that He will not strive with man forever, can be found in Matthew 7:14: “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it”. Just think of the alarming facts: in the Great Flood, only eight people were saved and in Lot’s day, only three were saved when brimstones of sulphur rained from the sky and destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Depending on who you are, it can either be an awful event or an awesome event. It’s going to be awful for those who continued to live like ‘the days of Noah’ or ‘the days of Lot’ but it’s going to be awesome for those few of us who have prepared whole-heartedly to follow the ways of our Lord. Only by fully embracing Christ who is our very Ark of Safety can then be the key to His gateway and into eternity with God forever. There two places that we will all be going once the spirit of God departed from the earth: an awesome dwelling place with God, or an aweful dwelling place with Satan, all his angels, the false prophets, the evildoers and all those who rejected the blood of Jesus. There is no other alternative.

The present triple tragedies in Japan – the earthquake, the tsunami and the radiation contamination – has viewed by some people that this is God’s judgment on Japan. Some said that it’s because of their atrocities during the World War II while others said that it’s because Japan is leader in producing pornography movies, and so on. Unfortunately, when Haiti was struck with earthquake last year, unkind remarks were also made and some viewed it as God’s judgment on Haiti people, for whatever reasons. These are totally untrue - my opinion. They are unkind remarks made at the worst time when what the people there now desparately needed are help and sympathy, and words of encouragement to stay strong. For me as a Bible-believing Christians, I strongly believe that these are God’s warning signs before He gives up His spirit to strive with men. When, where, and how these events occurred are not important at all. The most important thing for us to understand is that once we are outside the Ark and when the storm really hits and when God has finally decided to give up His spirit to strive with us, the history of God and man will come to a close and those who believed in Him will forever be with Him, and those who refused to believe in Him, rejected His precious blood, will be without Him forever. Be safe and not sorry. Embracing the Lord Jesus and receive eternal life from Him because it is not His will that any perish (2 Peter 3:9); seek the Lord right now while He may be found and call upon Him while He is near (Isaiah 55:6). The spirit of God is not going to strive with us forever. God has given the people over 2,000 years to repent, to acknowledge Him, to accept His precious blood. How much longer you think God is going to give you. Time is running out! The door of salvation is going to close soon, perhaps much sooner than you can expect, or how much longer you think God should be waiting for you to come to your sense. Yes, God loves us and He hates sin but don't over estimate yourselves! Remember, when Jesus was up on the Cross, He cried out: Why Thou has foresaken Me? (Matthew 27:46). Yes, for a short period of time, God the Father has foresaken His Son all because He was bearing all of our sins of all kinds and God just couldn't bear to see the sins that His Son was bearing. He turned His eyes away. So, take heed, if God can foresake His Son, who you think you are that God cannot foresake you when you still prefer to bear your own sin. Be safe and not sorry. There will be no third divine event. The death of Jesus on the Cross is the final divine event and through this divine event of the death and the resurrection of Jesus, the Son of God, all those who believed in Him will not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

Last edited:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [April 3, 2011]

Therefore thou shalt say this word unto them; Let mine eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease: for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grievous blow. [Jeremiah 14:17. KJV]

God takes no pleasure in people’s suffering, but Satan does. The book of Job is generally considered by Bible scholars as the oldest book in the Bible. Most Christians are aware of the story told in this book which tells us about a series of tragedies struck a very righteous man, Job. There are many lessons we can learn from this story but for today’s sharing, I like to confine them to just few areas.

First (and I think it is very obvious to people), suffering is the hardest problem to understand. It is a puzzle. Think of our Lord Jesus on the cross, His experience was terrible and the most awful so much so that an angel had to come to strengthen Him (Luke 22:43) but still His agony persisted and He continued to pray that He could overcome this suffering, and our Lord’s agonizing prayer turned His sweats into droplets of blood (Luke 22:44). This condition of blood-sweat is now a proven medical possibility and is even given a medical term, thromboi haimatos.

The second point to note is that because of suffering, our mental pain and despair can be as devastating as the physical pain. In fact, many people who chose to commit suicide due largely to their inabilities to handle the stress and the despair which drove them to give up their lives. It is really sad when such cases occurred.

The third point is that, for better or for worst, suffering will inevitable affect our spiritual life. We have heard about people who do not believe in God became ‘very religious’ after a spate of suffering, and likewise we have also heard about people who were ‘very religious’ have given up their faith because of the sufferings they were being inflicted with. We hope, prayerfully, those who are suffering for any afflictions – big or small – will use the event to build a stronger relationship with our Saviour because He really cares and He doesn’t want any one of perish. Our God is mourning for us day and night (Jeremiah 14:17) when He sees us suffered; He is our very personal God and His Spirit grieves when we suffered, when we are not right with Him (Ephesians 4:30). Remember, when Jesus heard about the death of one of His friends, Lazarus, He wept (John 11:35). Though this is the shortest verse in the English King James Bible, it speaks volume of our reincarnated Saviour. Christ weeping for the death of His friend, Lazaru, demonstrated that Christ was indeed true man. The bodily fluids of tears, sweats and blood are often associated when one is suffering from some physical pain and this is simply beyond our understanding that God can be such a Personal Being and because of His very personal interest in us, His death of the Cross bears the everlasting symbol of true love that can only be found in God Himself.

Whether we believe in God, or not; whether we believe the book of Job is simply a fable or a true story, we all must agree that suffering brings many problems. They can be very complicated. They can take months, years or decades for the sufferers to recover. In some instances, some people just could not recover from the sufferings or the afflictions they had encountered. The book of Job does not give easy nor clear answers but it reveals to us several important things about God and Satan.

First, God takes no pleasure when people suffer. Satan does, and he is desperately wanting people to suffer. Whether you are running away from loan sharks, addicted to pornography, alcohol, gambling or whether people’s homes and lives are destroyed by earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruptions, accidents, he rejoices.

Secondly, as we can see that from the conversations between God and Satan (or rather the ‘deal’ that Satan was trying to made with God when he wanted to make Job suffered), the holy, loving and caring attributes of God are at play, and the evilness and wickedness of Satan is ever-ready to strike any one, even the most righteous one. This also clearly indicates to us that nothing can happen without the full knowledge of God, and He is in full control of all our situations. While God permitted Satan to do his mischief on Job, He allowed him to do so with a strict condition that Satan must not take away the life of Job (Job 1:6).

Thirdly, we can see that God continued His watchful eyes over Job throughout the period when Job was suffering. No once, but several times Satan had to come back to God to get his permission to continue to afflict Job. The Lordship of our God over Satan is clearly and truly shown in the book of Job.

Fourthly, just like what is happening to Japan (and to countries like Haiti when a huge earthquake struck the country, or the U.S. when Hurricane Katrina struck the U.S.), people started to curse them and said all kinds of unkind words that God sent the calamities because of the sins of the people. Yes, many of our sufferings can be related in one way or another to sins – and sometimes may not be of our own – it is completely incorrect to say those unkind things to the sufferers, as did the three friends of Job. Sometime bad things happen to good people who are living a right relationship with God. God’s purposes for suffering are beyond our understanding.

Lastly, we noted that when Job started to cry out to God about his sufferings, God did not give him any direct answers on why he suffered. Instead, we see in chapter 38, God’s answer to Job was all about the amazing facts of cosmology and astronomy like stars are traveling and moving at varying speed among them: Can thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion (Job 38:31). A serious search into the Google will tell you that both Pleiades and Orion are separate bundles of stars that you too can read about them in modern science textbooks of astronomy. This phenomenon of stars moving at varying speed is only known to man less than 100 years ago but we are already told about this by the oldest book in the Bible written many thousands of years ago! When we examine much of the scientific probing of chapters 38 through 41, it is amazing that the oldest book in the Bible can only be fully understood in the light of modern scientific discovery. Although God was not answering Job directly about his suffering, but His message was very clear to Job: You know very little, or none at all about Me. I am the Creator of this Universe. I know what I am doing. Just look up to the heaven. You just need to continue to trust Me that I can help you to overcome this storm of your life.

We must realise that many natural calamities are not a question of "Where is God?" or "What's wrong with God?" - rather, "What's wrong with man?" Many of our immediate response to calamities is usually “God, where are You?” or “Why You allowed this to happen?” We failed, however, to understand earthquake, volcano eruptions, hurricane, rising tides are often part of the geological events that without these, life on earth will cease to exist. From geological standpoints, many of these events are essential in order for living creature to sustain. Because of human weakness and wickedness, often they ignored the signs or warnings and choose to continue to, for example, living in areas that are prone to earthquakes, volcano eruptions, tidal waves and so on.

Yes, when calamities struck, even a small earthquake, inevitable some lives will be lost. When it comes to human lives, even losing one is too many, let alone thousands like what we saw in Haiti earthquake, or the current Japan’s triple tragedies of earthquake, tsunami and radioactive contaminations and this leads to people cry out: Where is God? This question is what almost every atheist and agnostics will always lound-mouth on when nature’s catastrophes struck. What a distortion of proportions. Do you know that just the combined deaths of the First and Second World Wars, it numbered over 90 million people, and do not forget that there were hundred million of people suffered during the wars for lack of basic essentials and for being tortured by the invading armies! And right now, while you are reading this thread, hundred of people are being slaughtered as part of the on-going wars around the globe, and yet no one seems to be crying out “Where is God?” Yes, the statistics of suffering, of deaths fill the daily news. But remember. God takes no pleasure in our suffering. The principle taught in the divine Word that true love weeps with those who weep and rejoices with those that rejoice, is one which is also exemplified in the Divine character. Perhaps, like me, you may not have a good memory to remember Bible verses, so a good way to start is to remember the shortest verse in the English King James Bible: Jesus wept (John 11:35). Yes, Jesus wept for you and for me when we are suffering!

Last edited:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [April 3, 2011]

Therefore thou shalt say this word unto them; Let mine eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease: for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grievous blow. [Jeremiah 14:17. KJV]

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether we believe in God, or not; whether we believe the book of Job is simply a fable or a true story, we all must agree that suffering brings many problems. They can be very complicated. They can take months, years or decades for the sufferers to recover. In some instances, some people just could not recover from the sufferings or the afflictions they had encountered. The book of Job does not give easy nor clear answers but it reveals to us several important thinks about God and the Satan.

BESIDES Job can be a fable, can the garden of eden be a fable/myth? how about abraham? a fable? exodus? a fable too? HOW about jesus? a myth?

why would one want to believe in a fable, albeit, an interesting fable,,, and at the end of the day still

a fucking fable/myth