• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)[/h]
Just received the T Shirt I ordered from the Cicada Tree Eco-Place. Had met the group at a nature society gathering in East Coast 2 months back at an event advocating that the Cross-Island MRT Line route around the nature reserve rather than underneath it. (http://www.nss.org.sg/news.aspx?id=nNmbQkZ4T2k=&group_id=rpJu9aQ7MUk=) Having the train system go underground will still damage the ecosystem on the ground. Hope their appeal to the government will succeed.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was visiting houses in Telok Kurau on Saturday when I came across a house with negative electricity bill every month. The owner had installed solar panels with a fit-in-tariff to the national electricity grid. The panels generate more ele...See More

My parliament speeches and questions on renewable energy
yeejj.wordpress.com
(1) 14 Feb 2012 - Question Time: Test-Bedding of Solar Photovoltaic Installations (Results and lessons learned) Mr Yee Jenn Jong asked the Minister for Trade and Industry (a) what are the

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5] The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW)[/h][h=5]changed their cover photo.[/h]
316715_10151148090998972_2008029422_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

Whenever I look at veteran opposition warriors like Ah Chwee, I try to imagine what politics was like in their times; the turbulent 1960s, the barren 1970s, the moments of breakthrough and struggles in the 1980s, the ups and downs of the 1990s and the renewal from the 2000s. Ah Chwee lived through all that. He once used a Chinese proverb, “长江后浪推前浪” to tell me why it was necessary that new people like us came forward. The phrase translated means that from the back, the new waves of the mighty river pushes the earlier waves forward. It means that the new will come forward to take over from the old. That’s the only way progress can be made. One day in the future, like Ah Chwee, I hope I will be able to use this phrase on a new batch of younger people who can continue on the progress that have been made.

Farewell my friend and comrade. Rest in peace.

Farewell to a veteran warrior
yeejj.wordpress.com
Yesterday, I attended the wake of long-time WP member, Mr Ng Ah Chwee. He had passed away on Monday at the age of 66 from heart failure due

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THE SUPPER CLUB | PRITAM SINGH Pritam Singh: I wouldn't say my style is aggressive In part 2 of the interview, Mr Pritam Singh talks about life after entering politics, his marriage and his dream job as a boy. http://www.singapolitics.sg/supperclub/pritam-singh-i-wouldnt-say-my-style-aggressive

ST interview including questions and answers that did not appear in the print and online editions.

ST Supperclub: Pritam Singh
singapore2025.wordpress.com
Here is the full interview including questions and answers that did not make it to the print and online editions of the Straits Times. Interview with RazorTV In part 1 of this Supper Club interview...

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[URL="https://www.facebook.com/workersparty"]The Workers' Party

[/URL] [h=1]Three New Faces Join WP’s Leadership[/h]

The Workers’ Party has inducted three new members into its Central Executive Council (CEC). They are Mr Toh Hong Boon, 33; Mr Dennis Tan Lip Fong, 43; and Associate Professor Daniel Goh Pei Siong, 40.

This decision was made at the recent monthly meeting of the CEC, pursuant to Article 19 of the Workers’ Party’s Constitution, which empowers the CEC to co-opt members into the Council. The new appointments will take effect from 1 October 2013.

Brief profile of the three new CEC members

Mr Toh Hong Boon (卓鸿文), 33, was a member of the Workers’ Party team that contested in Moulmein-Kallang GRC in the 2011 General Election. He works as a Project Coordinator in the research and development (R&D) division of a global agrochemicals company. Mr Toh holds a Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences from the National University of Singapore and a Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences Research from King’s College London. He is married with one daughter, and he lives in Hougang.

Mr Dennis Tan Lip Fong (陈立峰), 43, is a lawyer and partner at a shipping law firm. He holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from the University of Nottingham and a Masters in Maritime Law from the University of Southampton. Mr Tan is married and lives in Joo Chiat.

Dr Daniel Goh Pei Siong (吴佩松), 40, is an Associate Professor of Sociology at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Dr Goh graduated with a Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) and Master of Social Sciences from NUS, and obtained a PhD in Sociology from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Dr Goh lives with his wife and son in Punggol 21 town.
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2013 at 8:18 pm

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is really good to have Hong Boon, Dennis and Daniel taking prominent positions in the party. They will likely lead the charge in 2 GRCs.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sylvia Lim exchanged notes with the Speaker of the Selangor State Assembly, Hannah Yeoh, of the Democratic Action Party (DAP), on the sidelines of voting for the chairperson of the Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians.

1170811_717425928273993_1158035019_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)[/h]
Fifty six years after Tokyo became the first Asian city to host the Olympics in 1964, it will become the first Asian country to host the Olympics for the 2nd time in 2020.

The 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo celebrated Japan's progress and re-emergence on the world stage. Tokyo's infrastructure was rapidly modernized in time for the Games, with many new buildings, highways, stadiums, hotels, airports and trains. It included the Tokaido Shinkansen, the then-fastest train in the world. It was also the first time the Olympics could be telecast without tapes being transported, thanks to satellite and submarine cable technologies. It was a transformation accomplished less than 20 years after the devastating World War II.

Today, Japan is still recovering from two decades of economic stagnation. Let's hope the 2020 Summer Olympics will give it a big economic boost.

Congratulations on winning the bid.

Tokyo will host Olympic Games in 2020
edition.cnn.com
Tokyo has been chosen over Istanbul and Madrid by the International Olympic Committee to host the 2020 Summer

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

I met a group from Nature Society Singapore a couple of months back in an event championing for diversion of the Cross Island Line. The Central Catchment Nature Reserve is one of 4 gazetted nature reserves in Singapore. A key concern raised is that any tunnelling activities through the reserves will damage the ecosystem. Let's see what the EIA study will throw up.

Govt to conduct environmental study for portion of Cross Island Line - Channel NewsAsia
[url]www.channelnewsasia.com

The government will conduct an Environmental Impact Assessment for the portion of the Cross Island Line around the Central Catchment Nature Reserve.

[/URL]