• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local school teacher and mother: Singapore's education system is a failure

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my world, we doesn't even need school teachers. If there is a need for one, this person just need to provide us proper notes. That's it. Why do we need another person to explain or read out things to you? Don't you have a mind to figure it out yourselves?
I swear to god I didn't needed any lecturers from the day I realised this later part of my academic life , and I have never failed in any subjects during exams, only that some subjects I wasn't so keen to do in depth figuring and didn't performed well enough only, and ace with others.
I have never attended lecturers in my final academic time after I realised this. Yes 0 lecture attended I swear. Tutorials is no choice as attendance are taken but I did not even open my ears in class.
U are exam smart.555

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even though English is considered a global language, most Singaporeans appear to have command of less than 35% of the words in the lexicon. Adding Singlish into the mix serves only to confuse and hinder the learning of Standard English. This accounts for the lack of fluency in spoken English among the majority of adults, in spite of 10 years or more of instruction in an English-medium school environment. Generations of young Singaporeans enter the working world hampered by their inability to be understood globally.

I'm surprised many Sinkies do not know the meaning of words like "oxymoron", "condescending" and "preposterous". I already knew these cheem words when I was in P4.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Proper spoken English instantly defines us as highly educated people whose views and opinions are taken more seriously. A strong command of the language is likely to lead to better paying jobs, greater social mobility as well as more social success.
Keechiu is an example.

joemartini

Alfrescian
Loyal
my close friend attend a old time class gathering at a classmate's new flat in jurong.
his buddy, married a govt scholar in MOE. high position.
they bring their new born baby to the gathering. hardly 6mths old.

the lot of them eating at the dining table.

eating half way, baby start to cry. diapers soiled. the MOE govt scholar mother sitting at living room area (not eating yet)...flustered and confused...call the husband ...."settle the kid, pangsai, pangsai..." the buddy had to stop eating, wash his hands and attended to the baby and change diapers. the mother, like incompetent blur fuck... freeze there....don't know what to do and watched the buddy change the diapers in front of the lot of ex-classmates .

read : GOVT Scholar in MOE.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’ve struggled a lot with Singapore’s education system, and I often feel like it’s failing students. The constant pressure and intense workload can be overwhelming. Thankfully, I found some relief by using an ib extended essay writing service which helps me manage the unbearable stress. It’s a lifeline that allows me to keep up with everything without burning out.
The system overwhelms the student. In the West, they get to choose which subjects they wish. And get Wednesday afternoon and Saturday off for their passionate goal such as sports or hobby.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keechiu is an example.
CCS wouldn't be able to make it in the private sector since he lacks the eloquence, professionalism and excellent command of the English language to carry himself. As a SAF scholar, his career path has been charted for him in the public service. Perhaps CCS was good at rote learning in school, which propelled him through the system to be where he is now.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCS wouldn't be able to make it in the private sector since he lacks the eloquence, professionalism and excellent command of the English language to carry himself. As a SAF scholar, his career path has been charted for him in the public service. Perhaps CCS was good at rote learning in school, which propelled him through the system to be where he is now.

I spent 6 weeks of extensive mugging for my O Levels. Managed to top the whole class. Whole year never studied or pay attention in class. Chao class, sian chiobus and hung out at amusement arcades and got into fights. My form teacher was shocked when he handed me my results slip.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only talent most sinkies have is sucking PAPER cock that's why CECA Tiongs Pinoys make up majority of new shitizens and PRs

JHKs some have critical thinking skills compared to the retards on this island they rather go back bolehland retire instead of here LOL
There they hve to suck and lick circumcised cocks.