• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The search for a lasting happiness

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happiness is found more often in the process of seeking for it rather than an objective found. Objectives found only provide fleeting happiness followed by an abyss of emptiness and uncertainty that could lead to hate and depression.

I think you have not found happiness or you have lost something that made you happy.

Or you are one of those who don't want what you got. You hate too easily.

Emptiness is happiness.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you have not found happiness or you have lost something that made you happy.

Emptiness is happiness.

Dear moniker lolabunny, thank you for your concern. I am a very happy person and I find happiness in everything I do and attempt. Hate does not become me.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Emptiness is happiness.

so by your logic, can i say empty tables and empty chairs are happy too?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Emptiness is happiness.

Lola, he may have a point there... which means I have to back track on not waning more than we have is happiness..

If what we have, we discover, are not what really matters, and actually are the source of our unhappiness, then the right thing to do is to search for the things which do matter, and that includes the search for and acquiring, happiness.

Admitting to mistakes is also happiness :wink: Cheers :smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lola, he may have a point there... which means I have to back track on not waning more than we have is happiness..

If what we have, we discover, are not what really matters, and actually are the source of our unhappiness, then the right thing to do is to search for the things which do matter, and that includes the search for and acquiring, happiness.

Admitting to mistakes is also happiness :wink: Cheers :smile:

WAH so cheem! Wanting happiness is only human i guess.

Why is admitting to mistakes happiness? Don't geddit. :smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear moniker lolabunny, thank you for your concern. I am a very happy person and I find happiness in everything I do and attempt. Hate does not become me.

That's nice, finding happiness in everything you do. I didn't mean that "hate becomes you".

What i meant was that I didn't understand the:

"Objectives found only provide fleeting happiness followed by an abyss of emptiness and uncertainty that could lead to hate and depression."

--> How can the emptiness lead to hate?

Peace. :smile:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
WAH so cheem! Wanting happiness is only human i guess.

Why is admitting to mistakes happiness? Don't geddit. :smile:

Not so cheem lah... :biggrin:

Mistakes in our life cause unhappiness rite? Admitting a mistake is the first step, learning and making amends is the next. Doesn't it make you happy after that? :wink:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not so cheem lah... :biggrin:

Mistakes in our life cause unhappiness rite? Admitting a mistake is the first step, learning and making amends is the next. Doesn't it make you happy after that? :wink:

Interesting. :smile: Never thought of it like that.
I guess different people attach different emotions to one type of action.

Maybe I'm too young to realize that mistakes cause unhappiness or I don't attach negative emotion to mistakes.

The reason why people make mistakes is because they wouldn't have known better given the circumstances at that time. Thus being unhappy about making mistakes is kind of futile, but perhaps what we missed out is what we are unhappy with?

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting. :smile: Never thought of it like that.
I guess different people attach different emotions to one type of action.

Maybe I'm too young to realize that mistakes cause unhappiness or I don't attach negative emotion to mistakes.

The reason why people make mistakes is because they wouldn't have known better given the circumstances at that time. Thus being unhappy about making mistakes is kind of futile, but perhaps what we missed out is what we are unhappy with?

I quote an example

- Tee Kee knows that he has made a mistake on being preachy about Christianity when his behaviour is antithesis of what he is preaching. However he will forever doomed to unhappiness as his egoistic feelings would not allow him to admit his mistakes.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

I guess you MUST be young, and probably grew up with the "it's an honest mistake.. let's move on" doctrine :biggrin:

A mistake is called a MIS-take for obvious reasons.. and mistakes don't benefit anyone. Many young people mistake mistakes as an unaccountable action. However, you must know that a mistake requires rectification or making amends as a responsible individual.

It's like when you wrote a wrong word in you school assignment, a mistake, do you erase it and correct, or do you say, well it was an action due circumstances e.g. attention lapse, and let the mistake be?

Oly an irresponsible person makes a mistake and move on disregarding the harm the mistake has caused, to others or to oneself.

Old man preaching here :biggrin:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
I quote an example

- Tee Kee knows that he has made a mistake on being preachy about Christianity when his behaviour is antithesis of what he is preaching. However he will forever doomed to unhappiness as his egoistic feelings would not allow him to admit his mistakes.

OIC.

But don't you think that religion is very personal and is also often used to justify behaviour or thought?

He's not the only one and I don't think being true to one's religion is a sign of having ego. It's being "pious" no?

I think that in this specific case you mention,
the TS you mention seems pretty happy in his views.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess you MUST be young, and probably grew up with the "it's an honest mistake.. let's move on" doctrine :biggrin:

A mistake is called a MIS-take for obvious reasons.. and mistakes don't benefit anyone. Many young people mistake mistakes as an unaccountable action. However, you must know that a mistake requires rectification or making amends as a responsible individual.

It's like when you wrote a wrong word in you school assignment, a mistake, do you erase it and correct, or do you say, well it was an action due circumstances e.g. attention lapse, and let the mistake be?

Oly an irresponsible person makes a mistake and move on disregarding the harm the mistake has caused, to others or to oneself.

Old man preaching here :biggrin:

"it's an honest mistake.. let's move on" --> nope this is not what i was thinking of, but it's more like "it's been done it can't be helped.

I learnt this concept from a ex-friend of mine, he hurts people all the time and thinks it's perfectly fine. He doesn't do anything to rectify his mistakes but that's a personal choice which I don't condemn.

We all have blind spots and stubborn spot and we are entitled to that. If it damns us in the end, it's only our own fault. Though it is human to suffer the consequences as well.

Thanks for taking time out to explain. It is interesting hearing the views of older people.

As for being irresponsible, well, grown ups do that all the time. What's new? :cool:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
OIC.

But don't you think that religion is very personal and is also often used to justify behaviour or thought?

He's not the only one and I don't think being true to one's religion is a sign of having ego. It's being "pious" no?

I think that in this specific case you mention,
the TS you mention seems pretty happy in his views.

You got the gist - it is personal.

I don't hate any religions but the people who tries to sell their religion cheaply and does not exemplify his religion should just stick to it being personal.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Happiness, yes but lasting? Get real, search might just be eternal. Nirvana?
...trick is not to think about what you are doing. It will lead to longer lasting experience for both parties.
Breathing is also an important aspect. Breathe normally to avoid excitement.
Exercise regularly also to ensure that you will be able to last longer for enjoyment of both parties.
Hmmm... in general, or things physical? Excuse my reading between the lines:p

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
In general

Yes we make mistakes but there's no need to think so long about it. Just learn from it.

Breathing properly is a good and simple exercise which has been ignored by many. The lack of proper oxygen flow to the body affects the functions of every part of the body. Yoga and pilates promotes this.

Other form of exercises includes jogging swimming etc which ensures that you remain healthy physically and thus promote good vibes.

Added all 3, you are on your way to the pursuit of happiness.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
TeeKee's mistake would be on the day he die, his spirit went away looking for christ & heaven, realising there is NO such thing..:confused:

all this while, he has been conned by the greatest con artist ever..:biggrin:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
In general

Yes we make mistakes but there's no need to think so long about it. Just learn from it.

Breathing properly is a good and simple exercise which has been ignored by many. The lack of proper oxygen flow to the body affects the functions of every part of the body. Yoga and pilates promotes this.

Other form of exercises includes jogging swimming etc which ensures that you remain healthy physically and thus promote good vibes.

Added all 3, you are on your way to the pursuit of happiness.

Human beings just cannot stop being self centred can we? :wink:

When people talk about happiness, it is always to ourselves and never to bring happiness to another.

In this entire thread, no one has mentioned anything about making another person happy.

:smile::p

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh? My post on mistakes included? :p

You did, BUT that's not the crux it seems.

Coz you said "
Oly an irresponsible person makes a mistake and move on disregarding the harm the mistake has caused, to others or to oneself."

Responsible doesn't mean that's your main aim what. :biggrin:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
You did, BUT that's not the crux it seems.

Coz you said "
Oly an irresponsible person makes a mistake and move on disregarding the harm the mistake has caused, to others or to oneself."

Responsible doesn't mean that's your main aim what. :biggrin:

OK OK.. so I self centred also lor :o:p