• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Staying alive and injury free during NS

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is right, Just do your time and move on. Crazy to do more for NS, for what? Defend the jobs of FT? Preserve the wealth of lee family and his cronies?

After ROD just immigrate, there is nothing in singapore worth to stay.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To "KENG" is a measurement of yr survival instincts. When opportunities come, and u cant KENG, u will be hopelss in jungle. It needIQ/intelligence as well.
As for me, I either want the simplest or the toughest task. Extreme, u may call it.
I am called "TACTICAL IDLE" by my platoon <<<, My CSM(20yrs service) could not believe that I only
reported camp only on Pay Day.........hahahahahaha

lianbeng used to be a keng king also lah.:biggrin: every night must check the program for the next day...if early morning got route march or SOC sure must keng MC liao. once doing SOC (Standard Obstacle Course) i purposely let myself fall off almost every obstacle from low wall till A ladder ending up whole person fell into the barbed wire at the end of the ramp. while struggling up the wall i let myself drop from the on top of the wall, at the monkey swing purposely loose grip and drop down injuring my back, climbing the rope purposely slide down until got rope burns on my hands, up the A ladder purposely rolled down and finally jumping off the ramp purposely let my whole body fall into the barbed wire - multiple injuries until hospitalized.:biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me me me......NS driver now still a lorry driver...pai tan jiak but happy with life....

when at tekong, i got to know a malay tonner driver who ply the route from jetty to camp 2 then back to jetty. he claim he earned an allowance according to the mileage he drove in a month according to the the vehicle log book and 150,000km was the mileage need to convert the army license to the civilian license.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your vocation already "fixed" when u go cmpb for medical checkup. if i not mistaken, only pes c go driver course. for ppl combat fit, better tiam tiam at BMT, if not, high profile chaps kenna "recommend" for ocs or sispec. of course, maybe your nsf experience differ from mine.

Actually what you said is quite true.. Back then those N Level chaps in my BMT course, most of them kena drivers, storemen..

2 of my BMT buddies an Ah Beng and a Malay chap both N Level qualifications, sent for drivers course.. Lucky chaps got free driving licenses after NS, no need to spend so much money for class 3 at BBDC.. After NS, both of them set up a delivery company together.. Now they're their own bosses..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
N level are for retarded

Pls lah don't be a high class snob..

I didn't treat these 2 BMT buddies of mine differently even though they only have N Level as their highest qualifications.. At least they're their own bosses now running their delivery company together efficiently..

Many of my men during NS also have N Level, O Level, ITE certs.. They make good soldiers even though they Keng alot.. Good jolly fellas all of them..

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
when at tekong, i got to know a malay tonner driver who ply the route from jetty to camp 2 then back to jetty. he claim he earned an allowance according to the mileage he drove in a month according to the the vehicle log book and 150,000km was the mileage need to convert the army license to the civilian license.

he probably pulled a fast one on you, Tekong drivers have the lowest mileage = low vocation allowance pay....SAF where got KPI one.....the 150,000km mileage for conversion was in practice but not sure if the target was 150,000km

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky chaps got free driving licenses after NS, no need to spend so much money for class 3 at BBDC...

not just free driving licenses.....its class 4 license. I got towing, maintenance, breakdown recovery experience as well....life skills till now....

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm surprise that our resident army officer Sam has yet to comment on this thread. I heard that he used to charge those who chao keng :biggrin:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your vocation already "fixed" when u go cmpb for medical checkup. if i not mistaken, only pes c go driver course. for ppl combat fit, better tiam tiam at BMT, if not, high profile chaps kenna "recommend" for ocs or sispec. of course, maybe your nsf experience differ from mine.

sometime i really feel it not what u do at nsf that allow u to be injury free. maybe there someone up there taking caring of me during NS & ICTs, i no christian, but being in a vocation that have 20tons vehicles running around and i did experience a few of accidents both inside and outside of the M113/BX but i come out in one piece. that why we ppl in armour that safety very seriously and are known to refuse orders from stupid occifiers who have hay as brain when they give dangerous orders. many time we walk down a steep gradient but OC kan us for wasting his time for not riding down inside the M113/BX. we pity the driver and VC who somehow had to control the vehicle sliding downslope despite the brakes being fully appy.

that's what i call singaporean son. up u for that. know the difficulties for our fellow brethren and spare a thought of them.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
N level are for retarded

N O or A still no difference in peesai. All no jobs one. At least N and O still able to get their hands dirty and can get paid well especially those who migrated. A lebels useless spoil brat fucks, who are stuck in the middle.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was doing my NS, a regular told the best way to keng is to get medical downgrade permanently .. that is how your encik and officer cannot do anything to you. He taught me to insert a very fine short copper wire into my leg ..I did as he told and the x-ray image was interpreted as hairline fracture. I got out of a siong vocation and the rest is history.

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng used to be a keng king also lah.:biggrin: every night must check the program for the next day...if early morning got route march or SOC sure must keng MC liao. once doing SOC (Standard Obstacle Course) i purposely let myself fall off almost every obstacle from low wall till A ladder ending up whole person fell into the barbed wire at the end of the ramp. while struggling up the wall i let myself drop from the on top of the wall, at the monkey swing purposely loose grip and drop down injuring my back, climbing the rope purposely slide down until got rope burns on my hands, up the A ladder purposely rolled down and finally jumping off the ramp purposely let my whole body fall into the barbed wire - multiple injuries until hospitalized.:biggrin:

Bro,

I salute you:eek:

It seems so much less painful than to just complete the damn SOC.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Who gives a flying fuck about NS. Just emigrate and you dun have to do all this shit.