• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Siao liao. 837 cases liao. Going towards 1000

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Exactly right. It's a waste of time to debate anything with him.

Debating with me takes up a lot of time because I can make a good case either way. Whether it's a waste of time all depends upon what you want to do with your time.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course I'm pro vaccine. I've stated umpteen times that I have had just about every vaccine under the sun. The only vaccine I have not had is the HPV vaccine because my doc laughed when I asked for it. He obviously had the impression that I was way past the window of risk.

What I am against is hypocrisy. The mRNA vaccines obviously aren't working anymore but of course nobody wants to say so because it would cost Pfizer millions and they obviously have a lot of clout.

mRNA vaccines can be tweaked quickly but the problem is that there are hundreds of millions of doses already in the pipeline between production and the end user so while production can easily be tweaked by the time the patient gets the shot it could well be out of date again.

Ref the influenza shot a lot of it is guesswork but it's an educated guess based upon prevailing data. There have been years when the quadrivalent concoction absolutely missed the mark because the wrong call was made and the predominant strain of influenza was not one of the four that had been anticipated.

The end result is a huge number of deaths but they aren't newsworthy so the average joe is blissfully ignorant.
Your definition of mRNA not working anymore is that the antibodies wane and there are breakthrough infections in the vaccinated

That's not a failure. It did its job. Tricked your body to produce the spike protein and provoke an immune response and protect you from a serious infection

But the antibodies wane as in any infection, and now there is the delta variant . So there are break through infections

So we need booster and possibly with a tweaked vaccine

mRNA vaccines becoming less effective (or in your words aren't working anymore) is nothing unexpected . Your antibodies wane and there is a new variant

and hence the policy to give the third dose to boost antibody production. Simple science .

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Debating with me takes up a lot of time because I can make a good case either way. Whether it's a waste of time all depends upon what you want to do with your time.
No Sam

Your arguments in Covid matters are a lamentable joke. You shoot from the hips with whatever misinterpreted twisted data you conceive with the sole aim of taking down the person by hitting below the belt.

If you were my resident presented a case your way I would rip you to shreds and fire you from residency and send you to midwife school where you can train to be an assistant holding hot towels and cleaning up the mess after delivery

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Your definition of mRNA not working anymore is that the antibodies wane and there are breakthrough infections in the vaccinated

That's not a failure. It did its job. Tricked your body to produce the spike protein and provoke an immune response and protect you from a serious infection

But the antibodies wane as in any infection, and now there is the delta variant . So there are break through infections

So we need booster and possibly with a tweaked vaccine

mRNA vaccines becoming less effective (or in your words aren't working anymore) is nothing unexpected . Your antibodies wane and there is a new variant

and hence the policy to give the third dose to boost antibody production. Simple science .

We need a tweaked vaccine based upon the data I see coming out of Israel.

What I am pointing out is that mRNA technology was touted as an ideal technology for dealing with evolving variants because production lines can easily be adjusted to handle new variants.

However the long logistics chain negates much of this advantage so those who receive the tail end of the supply are actually being ripped off unless they are receiving a substantial discount.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
No Sam

Your arguments in Covid matters are a lamentable joke. You shoot from the hips with whatever misinterpreted twisted data you conceive with the sole aim of taking down the person by hitting below the belt.

If you were my resident presented a case your way I would rip you to shreds and fire you from residency and send you to midwife school where you can train to be an assistant holding hot towels and cleaning up the mess after delivery

I have a similar impression of you. You're loose with words and underestimate your opponent. For example if you stood before your 4x boards and told them that Israel's deaths were declining based on the graph I posted they wouldn't just send you back to med school they'd send you back to A levels to re sit your statistics course.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a similar impression of you. You're loose with words and underestimate your opponent. For example if you stood before your 4x boards and told them that Israel's deaths were declining based on the graph I posted they wouldn't just send you back to med school they'd send you back to A levels to re sit your statistics course.
my 4x board passed me for the scientific paper critique viva voce section which involves statistical analysis . The signatures of the Master, registrar and censor in chief of the Academy says I understand statistics .

Mock me all you want Sam. Deep in your heart you know you are but an amateur and charlatan when it comes to medical matters.

Your family of medical professionals failed to educate you at the dinner table. For shame.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
my 4x board passed me for the scientific paper critique viva voce section which involves statistical analysis . The signatures of the Master, registrar and censor in chief of the Academy says I understand statistics .

Mock me all you want Sam. Deep in your heart you know you are but an amateur and charlatan when it comes to medical matters.

Your family of medical professionals failed to educate you at the dinner table. For shame.

You always evade the issue and start citing your colorful credentials when you realise you've made a dumb comment.

Besides nobody is actually discussing medical issues here we're discussing topical issues and the current topic is Covid, vaccines and the handling of this whole fiasco.

And I have to add that when it comes to Covid it is the medical professionals that have made the biggest fools of themselves by shooting from the hip and making predictions and proclamations that were so way off the mark that a coin toss would have produced just as good an answer.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You always evade the issue and start citing your colorful credentials when you realise you've made a dumb comment.

Besides nobody is actually discussing medical issues here we're discussing topical issues and the current topic is Covid, vaccines and the handling of this whole fiasco.

And I have to add that when it comes to Covid it is the medical professionals that have made the biggest fools of themselves by shooting from the hip and making predictions and proclamations that were so way off the mark that a coin toss would have produced just as good an answer.
You remind me of a Down's kid I met during my paeds posting

There was a ward sing and dance put up by the children in the ward

He tried so hard to keep up but just simply couldn't . But he did his best to howl and shout even though he was out of sync and out of tune

You are that Down syndrome kid Sam. Trying to keep pace but can't. But everyone can see. But they clap anyway .

The kid that should have been aborted by his mommy

Way out of your depth Sam. Sorry.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

He tried so hard to keep up but just simply couldn't . But he did his best to howl and shout even though he was out of sync and out of tune

You are that Down syndrome kid Sam. Trying to keep pace but can't. But everyone can see. But they clap anyway .

Says the Porcupukimak.

Doctors who cannot solve the Covid problems are no different from those retarded kids. Their mothers should have aborted them.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Like I said when you can't argue with the facts or the logic you ignore the subject and instead switch to your "attack the messenger" mode and start hurling insults.

You obviously don't like your authority and status conferred by no less than 4 boards to be questioned but sometimes you have to learn to eat humble pie and admit that you have got things wrong.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The Mastur Debater! Lol!

Sam, you think you can take on Vivian and win a the bait against him?

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I said when you can't argue with the facts or the logic you ignore the subject and instead switch to your "attack the messenger" mode and start hurling insults.

You obviously don't like your authority and status conferred by no less than 4 boards to be questioned but sometimes you have to learn to eat humble pie and admit that you have got things wrong.
I admit I can't argue with someone who pisses in the breeze

But seriously read your own shit and think before you post. Friendly advice .

Anyone with half a brain can call out your bull dust

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I retract the above statement

This a forum for retards and perverts

Not high court or hospital audit meetings and journal clubs

Post whatever turd you want and say whatever

We are all here to fuck each other for a good laugh anyway

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No vaccine can save the 61% brain dead morons from their idiocy.
there’s no vaccine for the ceca variant. most damaging variant in the history of sg. it took over 200 years to reach 1st world from a fishing village but will go down the ganges to 6.9th world in 6.9 years since its signing.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really ar? Again is 69 magic number?
in mammalian cells, it’s up to 60 but must add 9 for allowance and margin of error. in bacterial cells, gone in 69 seconds. well, actually, the spike protein it helps to produce can survive for 69 days, but the mrna itself may decay rapidly within 69 hours depending on cell environment, especially when body temperature is warmer than a sinkie cold fish charbor on the bed. it will never reach the nucleus of a cell nor alter the dna as you know already it has 007 self destruct mechanisms after delivering the message. otherwise kena destroyed outside cell by enzymes. very fragile. i weep for mrna. such a short lifespan. and no time for funeral.

Last edited: