• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rubbish

jw5

Loyal
Where To Dabao The 10 Best Michelin Bib Gourmand Local Food in Singapore

4. Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa

Laksa Hawker Bib Gourmand

Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa

Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa has received the Michelin Bib Gourmand award 3 years in a row! If that’s not a good enough reason to make you want to visit it, I’m not sure what is. Laksa is definitely comfort food. It being paired with so many fresh and delicious ingredients just adds to the “wow” factor!

Location: 531A Upper Cross St, #02-66 Hong Lim Food Centre, Singapore 051531

Opening Hours: Mon – Sat: 9am to 4pm, closed on Sundays

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
this one nice meh?
i find so so only leh

4. Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa

Laksa Hawker Bib Gourmand

Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa

Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa has received the Michelin Bib Gourmand award 3 years in a row! If that’s not a good enough reason to make you want to visit it, I’m not sure what is. Laksa is definitely comfort food. It being paired with so many fresh and delicious ingredients just adds to the “wow” factor!

Location: 531A Upper Cross St, #02-66 Hong Lim Food Centre, Singapore 051531

Opening Hours: Mon – Sat: 9am to 4pm, closed on Sundays

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
this one nice?

JANGGUT LAKSA
Filed in Best Laksa | January 05, 2021

• Janggut Laksa
    Image: Jerome Tay
  • Best for
    Mildly spiced version of Katong laksa
  • Prices
    • $4 (small)
    • $5 (medium)
    • $6 (large)
  • Address
    #01-59 Queensway Shopping Centre, 1 Queensway, S149053
  • Phone
    +65 9622 1045
  • Opening hours
    Daily 10:00 – 21:00
From the original makers of Katong Laksa, Janggut is a rebranded food stall whose quality and authenticity of the original noodle dish remains the same. It competes against 328 Katong Laksa for having the original and best laksa ever produced in Singapore. And what makes the rivalry even more interesting is their close proximity to each other at Queensway Shopping Centre.
WHAT PEOPLE LIKE

• Mildly spiced soup base but still full of flavours: This means that the curry soup does not leave an overwhelming taste in the mouth, so it is ideal for those who dig saucy food with the right amount of tanginess. Plus, the serving is great for one person so eating this dish down to the last bite does not require hard work.
  • Tasty sambal chili: Because the soup is mildly spiced with chillies, you may opt to add a spoonful of the shop’s tasty sambal chili to add depth to the sweet flavour of the curry.

Reactions: jw5

jw5

Loyal

5. Hoo Kee Bak Chang

Hoo Kee Bak Chang Hawker Bib Gourmand

Hoo Kee Bak Chang Gourmand Bib

Who says this dish can only be eaten during Dumpling Festival? Sometimes you’ll just crave the sticky, indulgent goodness of Bak Chang, and what better place to have it other than Hoo Kee Bak Chang? They only use lean pork in their dumplings and the glutinous rice is very soft & nicely flavoured!

Opening Hours: Mon – Sat: 10am to 4pm, closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

jw5

Loyal

5. Hoo Kee Bak Chang

Hoo Kee Bak Chang Hawker Bib Gourmand

Hoo Kee Bak Chang Gourmand Bib

Who says this dish can only be eaten during Dumpling Festival? Sometimes you’ll just crave the sticky, indulgent goodness of Bak Chang, and what better place to have it other than Hoo Kee Bak Chang? They only use lean pork in their dumplings and the glutinous rice is very soft & nicely flavoured!

Opening Hours: Mon – Sat: 10am to 4pm, closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

I wonder if they have nonya dumpling. :unsure:

jw5

Loyal
don't u think think bakchang is an overpriced food in sgp?
i think the labour cost is too high to produce them
ingredients are cheap.

Not only is it overpriced, it is one of the food items whose price has risen the fastest in recent years. I don't know the reason for the recent surge in price, but it is certainly not justified. :confused:

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only is it overpriced, it is one of the food items whose price has risen the fastest in recent years. I don't know the reason for the recent surge in price, but it is certainly not justified. :confused:
btw, today i visited amoy street area after a long long long time
took a walk around the vicinity in the hot afternoon
wow, very hip full of jap and korean restaurants
must be quite a happening place at night

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last week my staffs recommend lunch at Orchard.
So I bring them to Kopitiam @ Plaza Sin.
We tried the Liao Fan Hawker Chan- One Michelin Star the Soy Sauce Chicken Noodle $6.
The Noodle is good and Chicken meat portion is big too.

Hawker-Chan-Logo.png

jw5

Loyal
Last week my staffs recommend lunch at Orchard.
So I bring them to Kopitiam @ Plaza Sin.
We tried the Liao Fan Hawker Chan- One Michelin Star the Soy Sauce Chicken Noodle $6.
The Noodle is good and Chicken meat portion is big too.

Hawker-Chan-Logo.png

Thanks for the recommendation. :thumbsup:

jw5

Loyal

6. Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow

Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow - Universal Dining

Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow

Are we wrong to say Fried Kway Teow is everyone’s guilty pleasure? Well then, do we have good news for you: both the black or white versions can be found at Lau Fu Zi’s Fried Kway Teow! Each bowl is cooked-to-order and fried individually. Their noodles are surprisingly not as oily as many other stalls, but if you prefer a stronger flavour, it is definitely recommended you get the black one!

Opening Hours: Mon – Fri, alternate Saturdays: 11am – 10pm, closed on Sundays

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal

6. Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow

Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow - Universal Dining

Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow

Are we wrong to say Fried Kway Teow is everyone’s guilty pleasure? Well then, do we have good news for you: both the black or white versions can be found at Lau Fu Zi’s Fried Kway Teow! Each bowl is cooked-to-order and fried individually. Their noodles are surprisingly not as oily as many other stalls, but if you prefer a stronger flavour, it is definitely recommended you get the black one!

Opening Hours: Mon – Fri, alternate Saturdays: 11am – 10pm, closed on Sundays
this one bo ho jiak