• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rich Kids of Singapore

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I idolise the rich. Especially the rags to riches types.
But these kids did not earn their keep so I’m envious. You can say jealous but not inferior.

These kids did nothing wrong to have the money from their parents. It is their karma that they get for getting into the right family.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But these kids did not earn their keep so I’m envious.

Don't be envious of these kids.

Being rich brings it's own problems e.g. threat of kidnapping, lost of fortune when parents pass away, temptation of gambling & drugs, having "Friend" who are after your $, ...etc

Hardest thing with having $ is to know how to keep it & unless the parents teach them how, the kids will eventually lose it all.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't be envious of these kids.

Being rich brings it's own problems e.g. threat of kidnapping, lost of fortune when parents pass away, temptation of gambling & drugs, having "Friend" who are after your $, ...etc

Hardest thing with having $ is to know how to keep it & unless the parents teach them how, the kids will eventually lose it all.
I dun mind if I can be rich like them.
With my wisdom I can handle the problems hehe

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun mind if I can be rich like them.
With my wisdom I can handle the problems hehe

It's not always about wisdom but also bad luck.

Knew someone who owned a company business in Europe & because of bad luck he lost the biz & is now only an employee working in that company.

You will find many similar misfortunes in Spore. Old families that were rich are now worth less e.g. Eu Yan Seng, Tang family, Tiger balm, ...

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say is good to be rich kids but he say nothing to be too happy also .

he say rich or poor also will die and for rich when they about to die they will feel more scare as there are more to lose.
he say rich people basically also do the same things as normal people just that in a higher class environment. he also say the best mobilephone is also same as common people, eat also same just that is packaged nicer but still same ingredients.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You may be right but the 3 examples you picked are STILL filthy rich.

They might be better off than most lesser mortals but not what I would call filthy rich.

There are a number of reasons for this e.g. these families are usually large & the $ may have been passed on to favourite male heirs. Some old time tycoons had more than one Wife.

So when the patriach passes away the fortune is diluted among the children. Don't forget that in the old days there was also the estate laws.

Wealth can be passed on but if the newer generation lacks the business acumen then they will soon lose it.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not always about wisdom but also bad luck.

Knew someone who owned a company business in Europe & because of bad luck he lost the biz & is now only an employee working in that company.

You will find many similar misfortunes in Spore. Old families that were rich are now worth less e.g. Eu Yan Seng, Tang family, Tiger balm, ...

I have known old school people who made a fortune & have businesses that are established brand names today. The founder of these were astute, thrifty & long before they pass on, planned well the distribution of what they had accumulated & the continuation of the companies they founded. Some were listed on SES, while others still remained as private companies, that now, the 3rd generations are running it.

Back then, what I am saying, they were rich kids, they go to good schools, later tertiary education overseas, they travel in expensive cars, but, you have met them, like I do, you won't notice the difference, unlike those today, they flaunt their wealth openly & become targets for the criminal minds.

These old school people, have their share of dangers too, there were kidnap for money attempts. What I am saying is, it is up to each individual to plan, live their lives, if they want to live it recklessly, then all they have made, would be gone. I have learnt from all these old school business people I happened to know....learnt to be astute, thrifty & have money in the pocket, less show off...all of u have our vices, we have some money, we tend to spend....the only thing you will notice is, the watch I wear....& that, depends on where I am going... from Casio watch to....

The point is...up to you, we all can live that dream, envious & be jealous...but can we make it there?

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a video showing the rich and there is so much envy, jealousy, inferiority complex.

There are those who keep commenting that their children cannot maintain the wealth which is passed on to them , so as to justify that he is not rich or don't have children.

Why are there so many such sinkie comments? They are rich so good for them and that is. Why are there so much unnecessary drama to justify that it is ok and safer that YOU are not rich and have no money.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have known old school people who made a fortune & have businesses that are established brand names today. The founder of these were astute, thrifty & long before they pass on, planned well the distribution of what they had accumulated & the continuation of the companies they founded. Some were listed on SES, while others still remained as private companies, that now, the 3rd generations are running it......

I've met some of the kids from these wealthy families & was surprised how messy things were.

Maybe that's why there is the saying about family businesses not surviving pass the nth generation.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've met some of the kids from these wealthy families & was surprised how messy things were.

Maybe that's why there is the saying about family businesses not surviving pass the nth generation.

I know what you mean, if I were to say something..hmm!...I will let the cat out of the bag, so to speak. Simply the older generation had passed on, the generations that came after, were....in front of outsiders, one suspects nothing..but...in front of others, they can have supper together like happy family, you don't know what is 'boiling beneath the surface'...but next day at work, they fight like, cats & dogs.

Like I have said, it takes a good older generation, some plan their succession very well...but, but,....4th & 5th generation...a different world!

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
That SIA waitress whore who gave the passenger a blowjob becomes a wife, divorce and suddenly now she's a millionaire. WC is creating millionaires out of nowhere.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did MILF Jamie gets the monthly 500k alimony she asked for ? Who is this current lawyer BF she is dating now? Must be a super rich guy to match her

I just realised her new hubby lawyer Terrance Koh Ker Siang is a junior of mine.
Legal head of foreign bank now but the chap grew up poor in Queenstown....nerdy and short ....so-so academically....surprised he turned out so well after going to UK to study law.
He’s definitely hit the jackpot with this gold digger Jamie. Messy family? Maybe he gets to fuck her daughther too.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just realised her new hubby lawyer Terrance Koh Ker Siang is a junior of mine.
Legal head of foreign bank now but the chap grew up poor in Queenstown....nerdy and short ....so-so academically....surprised he turned out so well after going to UK to study law.
He’s definitely hit the jackpot with this gold digger Jamie. Messy family? Maybe he gets to fuck her daughther too.

Oh puhlease... the daughter is not even hot. If u are a lawyer and u need to bang this grade of chicks, then u must be a damn lousy lawyer who eats anything.