• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retrenched............

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
very good question.

70% accept retrenchments while pap continue enjoying their millions$$ public salaries and benefits. According to pap's gct:

quote-retrenchment-is-good-for-singapore-if-there-is-no-retrenchments-then-i-worry-goh-chok-tong-80-36-53.jpg

bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone I know are working with good salary except me.
I wish my employer implement shorter work week , best being 22 hrs/week. Instead they force me to work overtime. Even is paid ot I am not keen at all becos the rate is low with my type of salary.

I guess if one is single, with house already paid for, got a couple of hundred k in the bank, can take it easy and look forward to shorter working hours, as compared to those with commitments.

Don't you have any old folks to take care of chootchiew?. Or they have already passed on......

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tightening is just the beginning.
Brought the old folks for dim sum, through friend intro, 50% discount during lunch, even on weekend.

Anyway, was just talking to one of them over the phone, seems their company is making some announcement later in the day.

Not sure what is happening as he said. All the employees in the company very kan Cheong........

Just got a call from him, it seems they are planning a layoff excercise. Between 10 to 15%, was the buzzword. Not sure how true is it though.

I am hoping for the best for him.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess if one is single, with house already paid for, got a couple of hundred k in the bank, can take it easy and look forward to shorter working hours, as compared to those with commitments.

Don't you have any old folks to take care of chootchiew?. Or they have already passed on......

That is true mostly only singles are entitled to this privilege. I do have old folks to take care but is shared among many siblings. Hence I think having many children is not a bad idea for couples. Of course not too many .

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
haven't heard of retrenchment but there are shorter work weeks, another friend also 20% pay cut. both are from amercian manufacturing.

How come pappies Ministers no pay cut?

If locals kena retrenched left, right and centre, how come FTs still flying high?

If those kena retrenched from 70% brain dead pool who voted pappies in GE2015, congratulation. You reap what you sow.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just got a call from him, it seems they are planning a layoff excercise. Between 10 to 15%, was the buzzword....

Sinkie sure die liao. Foreigners can survive with maggi mee for breakfast, lunch and dinner for weeks, take pay cut, take public transport, eat rice with curry sauce only, hair cut once in three months, no restaurant meals and live on bunk beds. Cut his pay, the foreigner will still slog as long as he gets to live in sinkie land, a place better than his slum land back home.

Sinkes are creatures of comfort. Anything less is a torture. Cut his pay and he will resign. No need to retrench him.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess if one is single, with house already paid for, got a couple of hundred k in the bank, can take it easy and look forward to shorter working hours, as compared to those with commitments..

Local sinkies are proud creatures with self worthiness denominated in terms of dollars and cents. Cut his pay, you cut into his pride. He will find a lobang and quit, whether he is single, a widow or married, rich or poor.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT short of engineers. I am sure he has nothing to worry about.

Can he take a salary lower than one offered to a foreigner? SMRT is profit driven enterprise, cutting expenditures to maximize profits is hall mark of their business strategy. Shortage of engineers does not mean more jobs for locals. Likely, more jobs for foreigners.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....How else do you think PAP can get 70% of the electoral votes?....

You just landed from outer space? Didn't you know pappies got 70% because foreign imported shits went all out to vote pappies in all contested wards?

Why should they vote oppo parties? What is in store for them? Nothing, kosong.

Why should they vote pappies? Plenty, leh.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've mentioned in another thread that sinkies are mostly in debts. nowadays average mortgage debts = 400k > .

back in 1997 only private housing people got burned but now it seems that hdb people are not spared. :eek:

Blame the banks for giving out credit cards with freebies attached like toilet paper, and sinkies being greedy people famous for lining up for anything free, sure will not refuse to spend and spend until it cannot be swiped.

To hold and use a credit card is to become a slave to that card. Temptation to use and flaunt it is mighty strong. Only bankruptcy will wake up the card holder.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, the PAP lah.

So, PAP now has to deliver on the many promises it made to sinkees.

What promises? Sinkies knew what they voted for .... pappies to get more screwing or oppo parties for a change...Pappies did not promise voters they will not screw.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
the proper term is short timing...... to ride out the storm mostly caused by PAP incompetence

Pappies incompetent? Are you sure? Pappies are still high above those in BN of boleh land. A PM with three legs, two legs already maimed but still one leg standing...:biggrin: and no one can shake him down.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is really sad that this is a plastic world we live in. Once i was driving my porsche boxster out to meet a friend and there was this young girl (probably below 5 yrs old) already looking who is the guy driving this sports car and pointing to her mother...another instance was when i drove to jb for seafood and went for car wash, immediately get priority treatment when there are a line of cars waiting to be washed. Every where you go, people only see you on the outside....but how you manage to pay for it, they wont know. Thats the world we live in.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Market is bad? I have many friends who are still looking at property and discussing about stocks everyday.

But the other group staying in HDB are screwed, some planning to move to a location near the children's ideal school but now stuck.

The price offered by buyers are lower than what they paid for the flat so all not willing to sell.