• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retrenched............

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my friend too, 2 young kids but he is a good worker, previous lay-offs, he was not in the list. unless the company close, if not he will have to get used to 20% pay cut.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi is in his early forties, with hdb fully paid. But with not much savings as the wife is a homemaker looking after the kids. It's not easy if it's single income with family commitments, especially in Singapore. In fact, recall talking to him many years back when he was settling down if it's a good idea to depend on only single income. But he did mentioned that they are good with it, having discussed with the wifey.

My guess is he did not see it coming as you get older and the kids get older, expenses increase, salary stagnate if you are just a working guy drawing a salary. Couple with the fact also got o take care of aged parents is another expenses.

His kids are now in secondary school and I believe as it progresses to JC and Uni, it's going to get worse.

I am not so clear about his expenses but on savings he did mentioned the most it will last 6 months, thereafter...... It's anybody guess.

It's late in the night, just spoke to this friend of mine as he just got back home.
Bad news, he told me. Just got the pink slip today. Told me his mind is in a blank now.....after last day of work today....was wondering around aimlessly.
It's a shock to him as he feels that his work performance is always good. And now this....
Ask him what's his plan, just say don't know. Mumbling about at this age could be difficult to find job.
Told him he had better share this bad news with his wife. At least some support over there and don't have to face the situation all by himself.

Told me he needs to think about it.......says he will call me tomorrow..... Mind in a blank now.....

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's late in the night, just spoke to this friend of mine as he just got back home.
Bad news, he told me. Just got the pink slip today. Told me his mind is in a blank now.....after last day of work today....was wondering around aimlessly.
It's a shock to him as he feels that his work performance is always good. And now this....
Ask him what's his plan, just say don't know. Mumbling about at this age could be difficult to find job.
Told him he had better share this bad news with his wife. At least some support over there and don't have to face the situation all by himself.

Told me he needs to think about it.......says he will call me tomorrow..... Mind in a blank now.....

sad to hear this kind of news, especially from another fellow sinkie. s'pore economy is really retarded, what "more good years" and "upturn the downturn" are all bullshit. the ministars are obscenely paid and the sheeps are beyond control of their own fate. that's the sad part as a sinkie.

Last edited:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What's wrong with getting retrenched and having difficulty finding a job competing with legions of foreigners at his age with no social unemployment benefits or safety net?

You sounded as if the 70% didn't vote for this sort of outcome. Hello, wake up! This is Singapore.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what PAP calls PMETs, and now "brother" LHL said to NTUC that Sinkie degree holders are overpaid, while PAP enjoys the highest public salary in the world. Song Boh 70%, you voted for this shit.

pmet.jpg

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not my fault that your circle of friends are doing poorly compared to mine. You all should have studied much harder when younger. It's too late for regrets.

talked cock.

study hard will not get anybody anywhere except some brain damage.
your stupid advice only applied to those scholars who study hard
AND work in some garberment dept

he need to join Pee Ass or Pee And Pee to ensure he wont be retrenched.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sad to hear this kind of news, especially from another fellow sinkie. s'pore economy is really retarded, what "more good years" and "upturn the downturn" are all bullshit. the ministars are obscenely paid and the sheeps are beyond control of their own fate. that's the sad part as a sinkie.
Kraft, I just tried to call him, he pick it up but can hear some mumbling sound and it was cut off.
Received call from his wifey earlier on that she was not able to locate him too. Asked her if her husband has share with her this bad news and she says he did....... I was thinking they might have quarrel over the finances earlier on and now with this R thing, it's going to get worse here on.

Anyway, will try to reach out to him. Maybe look for him after work at our usual haunts, and called up a few other friends that know him.................

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kraft, I just tried to call him, he pick it up but can hear some mumbling sound and it was cut off.
Received call from his wifey earlier on that she was not able to locate him too. Asked her if her husband has share with her this bad news and she says he did....... I was thinking they might have quarrel over the finances earlier on and now with this R thing, it's going to get worse here on.

Anyway, will try to reach out to him. Maybe look for him after work at our usual haunts, and called up a few other friends that know him.................

hey
true story or fake story. u always so many stories to share.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal

You asked him so many questions but forgot to ask him which party he voted for.

I hope this serves as a template for retrenched workers, especially PMETs.

Which party did you vote for ? Remember, this is the template question.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stay away from professions like engineering and IT, unless you have niche skills and willing to relocate overseas. Stick to safer professions like medicine, law, accountancy. All my friends who are in these 3 professions are doing well and are happy.