• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retrenched & Out of $, Another Potential Suicide Case?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Sleepless nights spent worrying
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->The gloomy job statistics are of cold comfort to Madam Sharon Ng.
When asked if the rising ranks of the long-term unemployed made her feel less alone in her plight, she retorted: 'This means more competition for me.'
The 49-year-old has been job-hunting since October last year. 'Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and flip through the newspaper's classified section because I can't get back to sleep,' she said.
Formerly a secretary in a textile trading firm, she left her job when her company wanted to cut her salary by more than half.
'I thought I could find a similar job that would pay me as much as before the pay cut. But I didn't expect it to be this difficult. My savings are almost all gone.'
Madam Ng has a six-year-old son. Her husband, a building supervisor, is now the sole breadwinner. Overseas holidays and shopping trips are now a thing of the past.
'Friends and family take me out to a simple dinner occasionally, but it's embarrassing to always let people pay for you.'
She goes to as many as three interviews a day but has not heard from any prospective employers.
Earlier this year, she borrowed $1,300 from relatives to complete a diploma in business and human resource management at the Singapore Human Resources Institute. 'I didn't want to waste my time sitting at home,' she said.
She is giving herself two more months to get a job before her Plan B kicks in.
'Recently, I have been considering starting a hawker stall. It requires less capital than an office business and in good or bad times, people still need to eat.'
Debbie Yong

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
'Recently, I have been considering starting a hawker stall. It requires less capital than an office business and in good or bad times, people still need to eat.'

Hawking is really a very tough business, it's a low margin, high cost and needs high volume to sustain. Unless you already own a stall, otherwise rental is sky high, she may ends up in poorer finance state.

Further, eating habits of people are peculiar. Your food may be comparable or even much better then the existing stall, but you still ends up nobody patronizing yours, because of loyalty, familiarity etc... How many times have others disagree with you that so and so stall isn't good? Which you think is fantastic!

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's plenty of jobs available for her to work as cleaner or drive taxi. Drive taxi not only limited to uncles, aunties also can drive.

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The slump in the job market happened in most countries around the world at this point of the crisis time. However for Singapore under the great PAP government, our situations is still not so bad as compared to other countries. If you need help you can always approach the right source. The great PAP government will always lend a helping hand to help those people in need. :smile:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The slump in the job market happened in most countries around the world at this point of the crisis time. However for Singapore under the great PAP government, our situations is still not so bad as compared to other countries. If you need help you can always approach the right source. The great PAP government will always lend a helping hand to help those people in need. :smile:

Just one of your Papaya master costs more than the combined pay of all the OECD country leaders. In addition, there's proper social safety net in other countries. Yet u still wanna cum here to compare and talk cock. Do u know what shame is? Of course, u donch.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Sleepless nights spent worrying
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->The gloomy job statistics are of cold comfort to Madam Sharon Ng.
When asked if the rising ranks of the long-term unemployed made her feel less alone in her plight, she retorted: 'This means more competition for me.'
The 49-year-old has been job-hunting since October last year. 'Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and flip through the newspaper's classified section because I can't get back to sleep,' she said.
Formerly a secretary in a textile trading firm, she left her job when her company wanted to cut her salary by more than half.
'I thought I could find a similar job that would pay me as much as before the pay cut. But I didn't expect it to be this difficult. My savings are almost all gone.'
Madam Ng has a six-year-old son. Her husband, a building supervisor, is now the sole breadwinner. Overseas holidays and shopping trips are now a thing of the past.
'Friends and family take me out to a simple dinner occasionally, but it's embarrassing to always let people pay for you.'
She goes to as many as three interviews a day but has not heard from any prospective employers.
Earlier this year, she borrowed $1,300 from relatives to complete a diploma in business and human resource management at the Singapore Human Resources Institute. 'I didn't want to waste my time sitting at home,' she said.
She is giving herself two more months to get a job before her Plan B kicks in.
Debbie Yong

From her story, i will never let myself get employed ever. employment is an illusion of security.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think by cutting the all the PAP Ministers salaries by up to 70%, those money collected are more than enough to help all the poor Singaporeans financially up to a year.

Please help us to suggest it to your PAP Master.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gosh!...you have beaten me to it!... ha ha ha ha....roll da rhythm stick can also make S$50 for 60 mins....8 hrs a day, get 5 jobs, that will be extra S$250... say 6 days a week S$1,500, 4 weeks in a month...S$7,500... wow!

ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

The great PAP & all the help you can find will help her, she can approach, WDA, CDAC, SINDA, MEDAKI, NTUC, CDC ( not the one at moulmein rd)...and see her members of parliament. Fiurthermore, she gets, tax rebates, childcare rebates, child studying in school educational grant, GST rebates of $100 and above, Utilities rebates...rebates this rebates that, subsidized this, & that........:rolleyes:

What more does she want?:wink:

Viva...! PAP!:p

Anyway, she needs to open up her brain!!!:( if she even have one!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$1000 a month job everywhere got - another bloody choosy one

Salary $1K really bad. 20% go to CPF and another about $150 for transportation bus/MRT only left less than $650/month.
Is time gov. need to implement minimun wage eg. $5/hr to all employee even bangla make it compulsory. More will willing to employ local.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Salary $1K really bad. 20% go to CPF and another about $150 for transportation bus/MRT only left less than $650/month.
Is time gov. need to implement minimun wage eg. $5/hr to all employee even bangla make it compulsory. More will willing to employ local.

Do you really think PAP will do that? Implementing minimum wages? The PAP will says that it will make Singapore less competitive to other countries, so this rule will not apply.

But looking at the bigger picture, lots of companies are shifting out of Singapore as they can find cheaper labors in China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam. No matter what incentives the PAP can gave to these companies, they will still shifted out. For example, paying an Vietnamese salary of US$250, they can do a manufacturing job like employing a Singaporean.

For Vietnamese, US$250 a month, they can survived in Vietnam no problem. But if you pay Singaporean US$250, they cannot survived in Singapore.

And what our genius PAP government does is by importing more foreigners, we Singaporeans had no choice but to goes down on our salaries which is ridiculous. For the foreigners, they finished their contracts, they will brings their saving from working in Singapore and they can lived quite comfortably in their own countries.

But not us, Singaporeans, we live and die here, where can we go unless we migrate to other countries.

So what I can say to our PAP government is this, " They don't care about us" - Micheal Jackson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mmjypW_hNw

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do you really think PAP will do that? Implementing minimum wages? The PAP will says that it will make Singapore less competitive to other countries, so this rule will not apply.

But looking at the bigger picture, lots of companies are shifting out of Singapore as they can find cheaper labors in China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam. No matter what incentives the PAP can gave to these companies, they will still shifted out. For example, paying an Vietnamese salary of US$250, they can do a manufacturing job like employing a Singaporean.

For Vietnamese, US$250 a month, they can survived in Vietnam no problem. But if you pay Singaporean US$250, they cannot survived in Singapore.

And what our genius PAP government does is by importing more foreigners, we Singaporeans had no choice but to goes down on our salaries which is ridiculous. For the foreigners, they finished their contracts, they will brings their saving from working in Singapore and they can lived quite comfortably in their own countries.

But not us, Singaporeans, we live and die here, where can we go unless we migrate to other countries.

So what I can say to our PAP government is this, " They don't care about us" - Micheal Jackson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mmjypW_hNw

what will you do beside posting in this forum since you know what ur sinkie PAP govt is doing.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the govt imposes min wage then your cost of living will be even higher. You conservancy fees goes up now that you have to pay the Bangla worker min wage. That plate of noodles that you paid $3 will now be $5 as the hawker will have to factor the added cost of labor. The cost of your HDB flat will increase as well as the bangla worker who builds them will have to be paid min wage of $5/hr instead of the $10/day.

I think you need to take a holistic approach to min wage and not just view from one direction as fatter pay check. In the end its a zero sum game as goods and services increases by the factor cost of labor or perhaps even more.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Further min wage means paying your maid $5/hr. The maid works on avg 15 hrs per day for 30 days. That works out to $2250/mth. Any SG household willing to cough that out? Or are maids to be excluded from min wage?

When Sinkies talk its usually from the arse.

privacy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Further min wage means paying your maid $5/hr. The maid works on avg 15 hrs per day for 30 days. That works out to $2250/mth. Any SG household willing to cough that out? Or are maids to be excluded from min wage?

When Sinkies talk its usually from the arse.

U r not sinkie? Then u must be an foreign trash.

So which kind of trash r u? Indian trash or China trash?

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
chien_118.gif

Last edited: