• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renault Fluence - Good or not?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone drive this car?

Renault-Fluence.jpg

fluence10.jpg

files.php

Renault-Fluence-interior.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vEAcmbOB6cw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks chio. But was told never to trust Renault cars. My friend drove a Renault previously. Can't recall the model except that he always kpkb - breakdown, wear and tear, cost of maintenance etc. Just like Alfa Romeo.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The French make the most unreliable cars on earth along with the Italians.

Don't touch that crap.

Get a Toyota. You can't go wrong.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VW cars are popular. Should be a good choice. German technology can't be wrong. My favourite is the sporty version of the Passat but too bad only 2 seats behind.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
http://www.reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer

Reliability Index

The UK Reliability index takes into account all factors of a repair, the cost of the parts and the frequency of failures - The Average of all cars is 100 which means that if the figure for the car you are looking at has a higher than average index (118) it indicates that that car is less reliable than the average, if however there is a lower than average index (60) the reliability is better.

Separately to this figure you can also look at the average cost of repairs for a particular make or model, a car with a good reliability index and a high average cost would imply that the frequency of failure is low, however when it does fail the bill will be a lot more than the average. Toyota, for example, has a high average cost of repair but quite a good index rating - which means that the car fails infrequently but when it does you will be in for a larger than average bill. Overall however, Toyota is a very strong make of car to buy.
1.Honda
arrow3.gif
2.Suzuki
arrow3.gif
3.Toyota
arrow3.gif
4.Ford
arrow3.gif
5.Kia
arrow3.gif
6.Mazda
arrow3.gif
7.Mitsubishi
arrow3.gif
8.Subaru
arrow3.gif
9.Smart
arrow3.gif
10.Daewoo
arrow3.gif
11.Hyundai
arrow3.gif
12.Peugeot
arrow3.gif
13.Lexus
arrow3.gif
14.Skoda
arrow3.gif
15.Rover
arrow3.gif
16.Nissan
arrow3.gif
17.Citroen
arrow3.gif
18.Fiat
arrow3.gif
19.Vauxhall
arrow3.gif
20.Seat
arrow3.gif
21.Volvo
arrow3.gif
22.Chrysler
arrow3.gif
23.Mini
arrow3.gif
24.Volkswagen
arrow3.gif
25.Saab
arrow3.gif
26.BMW
arrow3.gif
Renault
arrow3.gif
28.MG
arrow3.gif
29.Audi
arrow3.gif
30.Jaguar
arrow3.gif
31.Mercedes-Benz
arrow3.gif
32.Alfa Romeo
arrow3.gif
33.Jeep
arrow3.gif
34.Porsche
arrow3.gif
35.Land Rover
arrow3.gif

<tbody>
</tbody>

<noscript> </noscript>

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to drive a Renult Senic and it was a bucket load of problems.

While cruising on the highway, the engine will stall and it would be close to impossible to restart the vehicle without bringing it to a complete stop!

The local dealers couldn't understand what when on as the on-board electronics would have shut down then and performed no data logging. The had to replace the electronics on 2 occasions which resulted in the odometer being reset to "0" each time which works great when you're trying to sell your car.

Unfortunately, during one of the occasion when the "power saving mode" kicked in, the vehicle stalled and engined braked, locking the front wheels resulting in a chain collision. Vehicle was subsequently repaired and sold.

But the car had heaps of hidden compartments, great for those trips up North for chewing gum and bootleg VCDs.

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
French and Italian cars are one of the least reliable cars in the world. If you want classy European cars, German cars are the way to go. Otherwise, go for Japanese cars like Toyota or Honda.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
VW cars are popular. Should be a good choice. German technology can't be wrong. My favourite is the sporty version of the Passat but too bad only 2 seats behind.

You're 30 years out of date. German technology USED not to "be wrong". We're now more than 10 years into the 21st century and the Germans are wallowing in the same league as the Italians and the French.

Take Mercs for example they are worse than crap for the price you pay.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
French and Italian cars are one of the least reliable cars in the world. If you want classy European cars, German cars are the way to go. Otherwise, go for Japanese cars like Toyota or Honda.

Porsche, Merc and BMW rank even worse than a Fiat on many of today's reliability charts. Check it out for yourself. The Germans are good at mechanical stuff but they never learned how to design reliable electronic components.

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
Porsche, Merc and BMW rank even worse than a Fiat on many of today's reliability charts. Check it out for yourself. The Germans are good at mechanical stuff but they never learned how to design reliable electronic components.

Thanks for pointing that out! I was writing my previous post before I saw your UK's Car Reliability Index post. You just saved me from major hassles and headaches as I was seriously thinking of buying a new Merc.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I was seriously thinking of buying a new Merc.

DON'T do it!!!!

I'm not just saying that because of the data on the internet. It's also because to date, I have not had a single Merc owner I know say anything good about a so called "marque" of the automobile world.

My neighbour has a 4.3 AMG. 45,000km on the clock. 6 years old. Here's what's wrong with it :

1. Leaks oil constantly. Agent says it it'll cost $23,000 to fix. It needs a sand pan under the engine so it doesn't mess up the garage.

2. Heated seats don't work.

3. Numerous instruments don't work. Engine warning light comes on intermittently. Nobody knows why.

4. Auto wipers that are supposed to sense rain activate on a dry sunny day.

5. Driver electric window stops half way.... switch needs to be jiggled to get it going again.

6. Sun roof won't retract fully.

There could be other things that he hasn't grumbled about.

On the other hand, my Toyota has just clocked 206,000km. 11 years old. EVERYTHING WORKS perfectly except one backlight bulb is blown on the climate control unit so I can't read the temperature setting at night. Not a drop of oil where it shouldn't be. All I've ever done is regular servicing.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Thanks for pointing that out! I was writing my previous post before I saw your UK's Car Reliability Index post.

Don't take my word for it....:p

http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/

[h=1]mb ml350 trouble[/h]

Hi gentleman

I am a Taiwanese and live in Taiwan , my head ache is that I just own a MB car ML 350 which build 2011 and I own it as brand new first hand car top of NOV 2011 , just run 985 KM then the car can’t be started , just die in my garage

At same time I have the car suv Porsche cayenne , VW , also VW Passat cc , Peugeot 406 407 Audi A4 since I run the company and company car we are using , but this car ML 350 is the most terrible car I am experiencing now

I don’t know how to do since the car I own just Nov to Dec 17 and after Dec 17 the car park in the MB work shop to wait for the parts they said which need to send from German simply a “ lock “ which 8 weeks I had but within 8 weeks the car park inside of MB work shop for 3 weeks.

Then I start to check web site and found I had another problem also which lots of the car owner start to discuss in the internet , that is when the car park and start to move after the engine stated , the Transmission shaft connecting portion with wheel will have a big sounds “ don “ . such noise make me nervous and I ask MB work shop to check

Then I start to ask their sales representative manger to buy back this car , he told me this car have no problem since it is MB and they provide the warranty to repair it but eventually this car with quality problem and I don’t want to risk since this car will be used to pick-up visitor from oversea countries , if the car fault on the high way , it will be a serious problem , but they say no they have no such obligation

How shall I do? Any way I can do to protect my right ?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Statistics are rubbish. Car sales tells the whole story.
If Merc, Posche, Audi are so low in reliability - why are people still buying their cars? On the other hand, Toyotas have the most boring look on earth. Toyota Shares are going to the dumps but i agree it is a good buy now... because the world is full of Ah Peks like Ah Sam who swear by Toyotas.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks chio. But was told never to trust Renault cars. My friend drove a Renault previously. Can't recall the model except that he always kpkb - breakdown, wear and tear, cost of maintenance etc. Just like Alfa Romeo.
Renualt cars cmi big time. Had a 25 back then....everyday I mean everyday you get a new funny fault....funny fault means even go back to workshop they cannot fix.
And only dealer workshop because no mechanic wants to touch the car. I put it down to my bad luck caused the car was 2nd hand....then see new car owners some with cars as new as a month old coming and very familiar with the workshop personnel....got to know more owners everyone got similar stories...end up had to scrap the car prematurely.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The French make the most unreliable cars on earth along with the Italians.

Don't touch that crap.

Get a Toyota. You can't go wrong.

I currently own 2 Toyota, one camry hybrid and the other, vios. My first toyota was a Hilux Vigo 3.0 pickup truck which I sold years ago. Here's my FR on Toyota:

Reliability = Yes
Maintenance = Low
Fuel Efficiency = Good
Price = Good value for money
Resale value = High
Driving experience = generally good
Service Centre = Always crowded

and finally,

Looks/Appearance = Boring