• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Real Reasons why Young People Become Christians...........

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jesus was potonged , the Christians arent. who gave that decree ? was it paul who was anti christians?
Jesus fasted, the Christians dont. who gave that decree? was it some one who never met with Jesus?
Jesus told his disciples to greet the people with "peace",I only hear Hello?
Jesus prayed to the Father by prostrating (on his hands knees AND FOREHead to the ground) The Christians pray to Jesus.
Jesus said " if you want to know my Father, FOLLOW me", what do the Christians do? they Worshipped him.

to be a modern day Christian you must you must follow Paul and believe in everything he said which was contrary to what Jesus said.
wake up oh Christains. you have only this life to live.

ANd this is for everyone Christians Buddhists HIndus Muslims Taoists ETC ETC. there is nothing to lose and everything to gain.
SAy this at least once in your lifetime.Be sincere and true to yourself .

Ask " GOD, if there is a GOD, Please....guide or show me the way."Simple as that.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many including myself believe circumcision was commanded for an important reasons of health and convenience, especially during those days. However after Jesus death a lot of these are removed due to the end of the Old Testament law, and Paul was called to end it for the gentiles.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fasting Is Part Of The Worship

King-James-Version-Bible-on-DVD-1.jpg

Jesus fasted, the Christians dont.

Got fast lah. Fake ones don't do it or dono why must do it.

Acts 14 : And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

angelcloth

When I was at a young age I do experienced to join Christian Fellowship in any religion. I am purely Roman Catholic but I love to join in other religion just to observe on how they truly preach the people of the word of God. Many of them have different beliefs and comments about of God's word.

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many including myself believe circumcision was commanded for an important reasons of health and convenience, especially during those days. However after Jesus death a lot of these are removed due to the end of the Old Testament law, and Paul was called to end it for the gentiles.

So dun need to observe the ten commandments ? LOL

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although Jesus was a real person. His purpose was a practical one which was to provide a hope for his suffering people. It was the Romans who actually made it into a religion in order to focus the energy of the masses in a spiritual direction for easy control. As natural and man made calamities got lesser and lesser or more easily managed, religions lost their purpose and many became free-thinkers. Although in difficult times, the fervor would return. Even for those who stayed Christians, in the Western countries, except in conservative small town communities, church attendance was done infrequently and only on special occasions. It is only in secondary adoption countries like Singapore that the traditional practice of church attendance is practised diligently.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although Jesus was a real person. His purpose was a practical one which was to provide a hope for his suffering people. It was the Romans who actually made it into a religion in order to focus the energy of the masses in a spiritual direction for easy control. As natural and man made calamities got lesser and lesser or more easily managed, religions lost their purpose and many became free-thinkers. Although in difficult times, the fervor would return. Even for those who stayed Christians, in the Western countries, except in conservative small town communities, church attendance was done infrequently and only on special occasions. It is only in secondary adoption countries like Singapore that the traditional practice of church attendance is practised diligently.

brudder........................salah liao....................

the Romans created the whole religion.....................Jesus Christ was created by merging the 2 gods................Hesus and Krishna.............

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
so Jesus never existed?? and so did Alexander graham bell and thomas edison et al? NOT??
you are truly deluded. better wake up before its too late

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
So dun need to observe the ten commandments ? LOL

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven

Circumcision is not among the ten commandments.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so Jesus never existed?? and so did Alexander graham bell and thomas edison et al? NOT??

do your research buddy........................

even the pope concedes there not a single shred of historical evidence Jesus ever existed..................

the famous Roman historians of his time never mentioned anyone by the name of Jesus Christ....................

even the famous historians living in Jerusalem while Jesus was supposedly alive then...............

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal

it was you who said the end of old testament law.. the ten commandments are part of the old testament. prohibition of pork alcohol all in the old testatment so can u pick and choose which old testament law has ended?care to enlighten me?

During the first three hundred yrs after Christ , His followers followed His way of life vis a vis praying fasting abstaining from all prohibitions.
Then came Constantine and he aligned the practices with pagan beliefs and hence christmas and all the other mithras bs.
council of Nicea 325AD

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
do your research buddy........................

even the pope concedes there not a single shred of historical evidence Jesus ever existed..................

the famous Roman historians of his time never mentioned anyone by the name of Jesus Christ....................

even the famous historians living in Jerusalem while Jesus was supposedly alive then...............

so by your own logic you wouldnt have any shred of evidence that Buddha existed right?He is just a figment of your imagination.
what research? what a laugh

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
it was you who said the end of old testament law.. the ten commandments are part of the old testament. prohibition of pork alcohol all in the old testatment so can u pick and choose which old testament law has ended?care to enlighten me?

During the first three hundred yrs after Christ , His followers followed His way of life vis a vis praying fasting abstaining from all prohibitions.
Then came Constantine and he aligned the practices with pagan beliefs and hence christmas and all the other mithras bs.
council of Nicea 325AD

The Old Testament laws didn't just include the 10 commandments, it also had others and a lot more that the Pharisees added. You look at the Torah and can tell their Old Testament isn't really the same as the evangelical bible. Jesus came down at a time when the Jewish people were burdened by these laws. That doesn't mean actions are no longer important, but Christians believe in deeds in the name of God and loving God. That has always been the fundamental difference between Christianity and other religions.

As for the food issue, you can look at Acts 10:15. Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so by your own logic you wouldnt have any shred of evidence that Buddha existed right?He is just a figment of your imagination.
what research? what a laugh

countless stupas built during his time.........................all over northern India

spread teachings for 45 years...............................not 3 years like that fictional character...............

guy-uninterrupted

Alfrescian
Loyal
countless stupas built during his time.........................all over northern India

spread teachings for 45 years...............................not 3 years like that fictional character...............

By your standards which is quite off I may say, just becoz got many stupas built means he is real? Wakakaka.
Well what do you expect when you are worshipping a dog?

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

j existed. but he did not started something like kristainudity. j was just a jew and practising the religion of his tribe.
some opportunists put words into his mouth and created the kristain holli buyber. all happened after j was dead and gone so j could
not protest that it is not like that.
so i agreed with you that j existed.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
christianity sure is popular among the young people but not just for the reasons you stated. young people are searching for meaning and purpose in life and many of them have found it in Jesus.

also its not the easy religion that you make it out to be...the standard that Jesus set is very high. e.g. forgive your enemies, do not commit adultery in your heart, don't be quick to anger... personally i think performing a ritual is easier than living out the christian life.

you another bullshitter here. :confused::confused:

all those young people , did they try buddhism , hinduism , islam , or any other religion before deciding.
if not how do they know kristainudity is the best one ??

you mean other religions only do rituals only ? :mad::mad::mad:

the test is after 5 years , 10 years , ask yourself "how i become a better person ?"
no need to tell anyone the answer , just answer yourself truthfully.
the answer will tell you whether your religion is bullshit or really help mankind.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
its funny to see religious ppl here fighting to see whose religion is the true religion :wink: ...thats is what i call religion wars :wink:

Last edited: