• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Real Reasons why Young People Become Christians...........

Looking4Knowledge

Alfrescian
Loyal
one more u forgot...v important one....

according to some, as long as u believe that jesus died for ur sins, your sins will be forgiven. That's why u often see hypocritical christians. coz at the back of their mind, they know that after commit sin, go pray, everything will be forgiven and they will go to heaven with gold laden road.

also, they scare u with hell if u dun believe...eternal burning hell ok....

but they cannot explain why a "loving" god can make ANYONE burn eternally just coz they dun pray to him...

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one more u forgot...v important one....

according to some, as long as u believe that jesus died for ur sins, your sins will be forgiven. That's why u often see hypocritical christians. coz at the back of their mind, they know that after commit sin, go pray, everything will be forgiven and they will go to heaven with gold laden road.

also, they scare u with hell if u dun believe...eternal burning hell ok....

but they cannot explain why a "loving" god can make ANYONE burn eternally just coz they dun pray to him...

pure wishful thinking of mindless Christians..........................

all their problems and bad karma push to the FICTIONAL Jesus can already liao........................then can stay in the FICTIONAL heaven too................

only one can save oneself.........................no one can help you...................

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion has been the right (whip) hand of government. The only reason I can see for creating a pacifist, turn the other cheek character, would be to pacify a rebellious people.
What better way to neuter an aggressive population than indoctrinate them with a philosophy that allows them to be kicked up the arse as much as required, then state they should turn the other cheek? When the chief (mass murderer) wants to flex his muscles, he uses the same religion to justify war.
Christianity is probably the reason why people are so apathetic when it comes to political lies.
Get’em when they're young, it’s easy to deceive a child.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
end of the day...........religion is just an ''escape'' from reality............

for the poor.............they hope their after-life will be in heaven...........

for the rich...........they wish to continue their good life..............hence, their wishful thinking of a heaven........

theflipside

"young people are searching for meaning and purpose in life"

Only young people are dumb enough to believe that their ancester is white, and only come to his sense after eating apple.

Don't give me the crab that he die to atone your sin or he will need to die many thousand times everyday with dumber like you around.

Heaven not my final destination, the hell is.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
pure wishful thinking of mindless Christians..........................

all their problems and bad karma push to the FICTIONAL Jesus can already liao........................then can stay in the FICTIONAL heaven too...............

only one can save oneself.........................no one can help you...................

actually you cannot blame jesus.
he did not start this kristannudity thing.
it was paul who did it , by converting a jewish religion to suit the political situation of his time.
paul was working for the roman emperor.
that was the start of the Catholic kristian.

what jesus taught during his time was purely a jewish religion.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually you cannot blame jesus.
he did not start this kristannudity thing.
it was paul who did it , by converting a jewish religion to suit the political situation of his time.
paul was working for the roman emperor.
that was the start of the Catholic kristian.

what jesus taught during his time was purely a jewish religion.

jesus and harry potter same same lah........................both fictional characters.................

heaven just pure ignorant wishful thinking....................

TheFootballer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Christianity have managed to keep young people's behaviour in check better then the law and the whip. If that is what it takes to keep them from murdering and raping til 18.. I'll say go for it.

"You must watch..It'll be all over soon."
"Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace." " these are not polite suggestions" :oIo:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
jesus is my dog's son...............................both are chihuahuas.................

no lah . jesus is (or was a real person).
just because you find kristanudity is bullshit , you take everything related to that religion as rubbish.
this is called prejudice.
don't be closed minded. jesus did not start this kristanudity. some opportunist made use of him to start a religion.
a religion that has nothing to do with jesus.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depends On How You Come To God

temple_gk_9x12.jpg

I won't say I'm an expert but at least I can talk to Him. Yet again, I don't give 100% trust on the things He need to say. You have to be wise on what to listen and what not.

Some of these so-called themselves churches are actually country clubs for the rich ? Some are volunteering to a certain cause like Yellow Ribbon ?

The church must always be a house of prayer, full stop.

For me, I questioned Him and He answered me, that's the one !

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not a young Christian nor became one for the reasons stated - a "cool false religion". I don't think there is anything uncool (or cool) about holding joss stick, which I used to do. I didn't think a bunch of people coming together to sing songs to a "non-existent being" was cool, but now I do it because I believe He is existent, not because I now find that cool.

If God created you and was there before you, chances are that if you create the god to believe in, you will get the wrong god. It's the same if you were to imagine how your great great great grandfather looked like, chances are you won't get it correct - because it is speculation/invention. Do you know that Romans used to pray to Zeus and Hercules the way Chinese or Hindu folk religion "gods" are being prayed to now. And many Asians haven't moved on. God cannot exist in forms because he created forms, therefore He was there in the beginning and has to be outside the time-space continum.

I certainly don't think Jesus was fabricated. There is enough record that he existed, otherwise we could also believe Cao Cao, Napoleon or Alexander the Great did not exist. Whether he is He and He is God is another debate, but He existed.

Certainly looking for girls are a wrong motive to accept a faith and it doesn't mean you can get one. And where Singapore is concerned, it is not found only in churches. Before when I went for buddhist rituals every Vesak Day, I noticed many young women in the buddhist temple and I say, without wrong motive, good looking ones.

You are right that an angmo-looking Jesus is certainly not portrayed correctly. Evangelicals (and I am one) do not try to make too much about his appearance.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not a young Christian nor became one for the reasons stated - a "cool false religion". I don't think there is anything uncool (or cool) about holding joss stick, which I used to do. I didn't think a bunch of people coming together to sing songs to a "non-existent being" was cool, but now I do it because I believe He is existent, not because I now find that cool.

If God created you and was there before you, chances are that if you create the god to believe in, you will get the wrong god. It's the same if you were to imagine how your great great great grandfather looked like, chances are you won't get it correct - because it is speculation/invention. Do you know that Romans used to pray to Zeus and Hercules the way Chinese or Hindu folk religion "gods" are being prayed to now. And many Asians haven't moved on. God cannot exist in forms because he created forms, therefore He was there in the beginning and has to be outside the time-space continum.

I certainly don't think Jesus was fabricated. There is enough record that he existed, otherwise we could also believe Cao Cao, Napoleon or Alexander the Great did not exist. Whether he is He and He is God is another debate, but He existed.

Certainly looking for girls are a wrong motive to accept a faith and it doesn't mean you can get one. And where Singapore is concerned, it is not found only in churches. Before when I went for buddhist rituals every Vesak Day, I noticed many young women in the buddhist temple and I say, without wrong motive, good looking ones.

You are right that an angmo-looking Jesus is certainly not portrayed correctly. Evangelicals (and I am one) do not try to make too much about his appearance.

Dear Perspective,

You have put the context of who Jesus is in great perspective. Previously, I had replied and needless to say spent too much time trying to debate with non-believers the existence of God, of Jesus and more importantly the significance of the blood of Jesus and His redeeming love for all sinners. I got from some wise Christian readers here to advise me that we should not spend much time on this and just concentrate on spreading the Good News, the Gospel of Jesus. As an evangelical Christian myself for more many years, I must say that only God can convict a sinner to come to Him. This cannot be done through debate. I too was once a Taoist-Buddhist who simply followed what my parents did in observing Taoist-Buddhist religious rites - but by the grace of God, both my parents were saved and become Christians themselves. I remembered my parents even participated auctions at one of the gods' birthdays when many Toaist-Buddhists religious items were auctioned ranging from charcoals to gold, from plastic lanterns to gold-plated Buddha.

I like to extend my apology to the Taoists and the Buddhists that I am not implying what you all do is to be condemned. Likewise, there are many non-Christian believers condemned what Christains are doing. This act of condemning one another should not and must not take place, especially in the public forum. Each of us is entitled to his belief system whether in the areas of religion, science, education, etc. We need to respect the beliefs of others. I have already stated very clearly when I started my thread on Today's Scripture Reading in this blog - my messages are mainly for believers (I mean believers of Jesus Christ) and those who find the messages offensive can always skip reading the thread. There is no need to lambasting one another.

Psalm23

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Perspective,

You have put the context of who Jesus is in great perspective. Previously, I had replied and needless to say spent too much time trying to debate with non-believers the existence of God, of Jesus and more importantly the significance of the blood of Jesus and His redeeming love for all sinners. I got from some wise Christian readers here to advise me that we should not spend much time on this and just concentrate on spreading the Good News, the Gospel of Jesus. As an evangelical Christian myself for more many years, I must say that only God can convict a sinner to come to Him. This cannot be done through debate. I too was once a Taoist-Buddhist who simply followed what my parents did in observing Taoist-Buddhist religious rites - but by the grace of God, both my parents were saved and become Christians themselves. I remembered my parents even participated auctions at one of the gods' birthdays when many Toaist-Buddhists religious items were auctioned ranging from charcoals to gold, from plastic lanterns to gold-plated Buddha.

I like to extend my apology to the Taoists and the Buddhists that I am not implying what you all do is to be condemned. Likewise, there are many non-Christian believers condemned what Christains are doing. This act of condemning one another should not and must not take place, especially in the public forum. Each of us is entitled to his belief system whether in the areas of religion, science, education, etc. We need to respect the beliefs of others. I have already stated very clearly when I started my thread on Today's Scripture Reading in this blog - my messages are mainly for believers (I mean believers of Jesus Christ) and those who find the messages offensive can always skip reading the thread. There is no need to lambasting one another.

Psalm23

I come in here every now and then and as a Christian apologist might be tempted to respond when our faith is under attack, but I won't go around to start new topics to attack other religions. It feels like an occasional spiritual exercise. You are right that it is pointless to win arguments than people, so I am rarely here even if there are more threads like this than just this.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Psalm 23

The LORD, the Psalmist's Shepherd.
A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you christians got potong or not...................

your god got fetish with foreskins................almost killed MOSES becoz he never potong.................