• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Quan Yifeng and cab driver: Who is right?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a great disdain for people who bring along their children for emotional blackmail. A police station is no place for a child. She has gone on holidays without the kid but for police station why the kid. Really an idiot.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taxi drivers are a mixed bag. I have met good ones and I have also met nasty ones. The better ones are mostly retirees who seem to enjoy doing it so they are not as stressed and annoyable as those who are out to "tan jia".

The better ones get out of their cabs and come behind to see if you need any help with yr bags. The meaner ones just sit back and expect you to open the trunk yrself and lift those bags in.

I do not know what to do with those who had to ask you where you are going before deciding to take you. Altho I can complain, and insist on boarding, I usually hail another one since I dont want to spoil my trip. Sometimes, I am already in the cab before they could do so. Some are apologetic about admitting they are going the opposite way, either 'cos they are going to meet their la mei's or fetch their family members.

Taxi drivers used to grumble or pulled a long face if you take their cab from the airport to say Punggol, because they earn so little after queuing for so long. But these days, the surcharges have put back the pleasantness if not the smile on their faces.

bakaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is obvious that she wants to get back at the Taxi driver for not helping her to carry her luggage. She thought that she can have her way like Taiwan where they like to 硬凹 and 恶霸. Just like their ex-president Chen Sui Bian. Of course, majority of the Taiwanese are nice and friendly. :smile:

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
mediacorp shd fire her if she is guilty and lying at the same time

what sort of message is mediacorp sending to the young people of singapore?

that because u r rich and famous u can go ard bullying people?

she has already been given a chance when she fought at the bowling centre.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a great disdain for people who bring along their children for emotional blackmail. A police station is no place for a child. She has gone on holidays without the kid but for police station why the kid. Really an idiot.

Comforting for you, the police have great indifference for people bringing kids to station. If need be to detain a suspect or retain a witness for long hours, they'd just call for one of a relative to fetch the kid the back, failing which, send him/her to MCYS childcare custody (and the parent will receive a bill).

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
DISTRESS BUTTON
A ComfortDelGro spokeswoman said its taxi drivers have also been told not to retaliate. The company's taxis also have a distress button.

For those taking Comfort or Citycab taxis may wish to know that the MDT which the taxi driver uses to send/receive messages from the taxi call centre..... is also a listening device.

Whenever the driver logs onto the MDT....... the call centre operator can listen in on what is happening inside the taxi if they want to..... if you are observant enough..... you will notice a microphone icon appear on the corner of the MDT whenever the operator listens in. :p

When the driver activates the distress button..... the recording goes into automode. :biggrin:

In this case..... if the driver Chan had activated the distress button..... the taxi company would have the recordings of what had transpired inside the taxi...... QYF would have a lot of explaining to do if she had been lying about the incident. :rolleyes:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're missing the fact that the asshole taxi driver refused to carry her luggage.

For those taking Comfort or Citycab taxis may wish to know that the MDT which the taxi driver uses to send/receive messages from the taxi call centre..... is also a listening device.

Whenever the driver logs onto the MDT....... the call centre operator can listen in on what is happening inside the taxi if they want to..... if you are observant enough..... you will notice a microphone icon appear on the corner of the MDT whenever the operator listens in. :p

When the driver activates the distress button..... the recording goes into automode. :biggrin:

In this case..... if the driver Chan had activated the distress button..... the taxi company would have the recordings of what had transpired inside the taxi...... QYF would have a lot of explaining to do if she had been lying about the incident. :rolleyes:

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're missing the fact that the asshole taxi driver refused to carry her luggage.

The taxi driver did nothing wrong according to the LTA regulations..... pls see my earlier post.

"Not true..... LTA SOP on handling taxi complaints states that it is not the taxi driver's duty to carry your luggage.... however he may offer to assist you with your luggage and he can only proceed with the assistance with your expressed permission.

If you lodge a complaint against the taxi driver because he refuse to carry your luggage.... LTA will tell you to go fly kite...... no offence committed.

But if you lodge a complaint against the taxi driver for carrying your luggage without your permission...... LTA will fine him $100 and kenna 6 demerit points.

The drivers are doing you a service by offering to carry your luggage...... they do not have to do it if they dun like your face. "

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
mediacorp shd fire her if she is guilty and lying at the same time

what sort of message is mediacorp sending to the young people of singapore?

that because u r rich and famous u can go ard bullying people?

she has already been given a chance when she fought at the bowling centre.

Even if she is not entirely guilty, she is not suitable anymore to be a public figure standing in TV hosting shows etc...She should go backstage and do other things. People from certain occupations like politicians and celebrities/artiste need to maintain a clean social image and perception. If they are constantly in negative limelight, it will diminish their credibility and completely compromise the quality of the programme. MediaCorp should know QYF darn well. They should do the wise thing and not blindly stake their reputation on someone who has a history of violence and bad public attitude. They should stop fooling themselves. They know very well if this lady has really changed from past mistakes and punishments. :rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found this comment interesting as many Singaporeans hold similar view where they actually consider a media personality as person of good repute and some sort of admired person. Why is that?

Its show business. They are no different to your bookie, actor, artiste, etc. People who are in the creative and performing arts range from arseholes to bums with the occasional nice person.

Their employer also tend to hire these people because they create controversies, create dramas so that their programmes have higher profile. Similar to all publicity whether good or bad is considered good publicity revenue wise.

In this case, she fit the profile. The law however will think differently and I hope she goes to jail.

Even if she is not entirely guilty, she is not suitable anymore to be a public figure standing in TV hosting shows etc...

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's time for the public and taxi companies to be aware that dun think cabbies are uneducated and uncouth kind of pple. I have been thru different taxi companies and I find that they think they can take advantage of drivers just because they are not well educated.very wrong!:mad:

Bad manners is not a crime. However what she did is. She has to pay the price and a few month in the can would be a good lesson.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other past examples are Jack Neo, Edmund Cheng...Singaporeans who placed their idols on pedestals suffer from some complex, maybe the want of a suitable role model in their lives or living in a make-believe world. This is why some actors and actresses got locked in and stereotyped to certain roles which limit their potential.

It could be the same reason at work that made many actors and actresses drop traditional characters when they found that movie audiences were typecasting them and limiting their potential to play other characters e.g. Sean Connery moved out of Bond movies into more serious genres, Catherine Zeta Jones never let herself get typecasted into sexy dumb blonde shows.. The reverse is also true - it was difficult to imagine Mr Bean in other roles until Rowan Atkinson started acting in more serious movies.

Unfortunately, such Singaporeans don't hold our political leaders to higher standards. In contrast, Yacob and Saw and Lim swee Say etc are paid millions for performing like clowns with impugnity and hardly any public censure in the main media.

I found this comment interesting as many Singaporeans hold similar view where they actually consider a media personality as person of good repute and some sort of admired person. Why is that?

Its show business. They are no different to your bookie, actor, artiste, etc. People who are in the creative and performing arts range from arseholes to bums with the occasional nice person.

Their employer also tend to hire these people because they create controversies, create dramas so that their programmes have higher profile. Similar to all publicity whether good or bad is considered good publicity revenue wise.

In this case, she fit the profile. The law however will think differently and I hope she goes to jail.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all fairness, you seem to be one to be missing the point most of the time in all the threats. It is all right to disagree and have your own opinion. But not the display of arrogrance in your challenge and cowardince when proven wrong.

I was not aware that there is a policy on the luaggae handling until better informed forummers highlighted it.

You look, but dont see, see but dont understand. Just a loose glass cannon.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all fairness, you seem to be one to be missing the point most of the time in all the threats. It is all right to disagree and have your own opinion. But not the display of arrogrance in your challenge and cowardince when proven wrong.

I was not aware that there is a policy on the luaggae handling until better informed forummers highlighted it.

You look, but dont see, see but dont understand. Just a loose glass cannon.

wahlaneh...
taxi drivers are not obliged to carry luggage for any passenger lah.
they are more concerned about ur safety n theirs n the bottomline: $$$:biggrin:
they may come down to help u load up to help speed up loading u up to get going to ur destination then proceed to other passengers lah.
the faster they get u off the faster they can get another passenger mah.:rolleyes:

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
DIU!

Should just fire her n replace her with one of the PRC whores in Geylang, Sammyboy or SgAds.

Another FT woman after Sinkie man money...