• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Quan Yifeng and cab driver: Who is right?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The taxi driver did nothing wrong according to the LTA regulations..... pls see my earlier post.

"Not true..... LTA SOP on handling taxi complaints states that it is not the taxi driver's duty to carry your luggage.... however he may offer to assist you with your luggage and he can only proceed with the assistance with your expressed permission.

If you lodge a complaint against the taxi driver because he refuse to carry your luggage.... LTA will tell you to go fly kite...... no offence committed.

But if you lodge a complaint against the taxi driver for carrying your luggage without your permission...... LTA will fine him $100 and kenna 6 demerit points.

The drivers are doing you a service by offering to carry your luggage...... they do not have to do it if they dun like your face. "

Agree. Taxi driver don not have to help carry luggage. If luggage/inside things damage when help to carry then create another problem.
Save yourself by doing less. Any problem the consumer who load it.

jw5

Loyal
I found this comment interesting as many Singaporeans hold similar view where they actually consider a media personality as person of good repute and some sort of admired person. Why is that?

Its show business. They are no different to your bookie, actor, artiste, etc. People who are in the creative and performing arts range from arseholes to bums with the occasional nice person.

Their employer also tend to hire these people because they create controversies, create dramas so that their programmes have higher profile. Similar to all publicity whether good or bad is considered good publicity revenue wise.

In this case, she fit the profile. The law however will think differently and I hope she goes to jail.
Many Singaporeans do hold the view that media personalities or artistes or "celebrities" should be people of good repute and behaviour.
When incidents like this occur, they may say things like "Oh, such a person should not be hosting programmes or appearing on TV".
I agree with this statement but not the thought process behind it.
In my view, the person should not be hosting programmes or appearing on TV as some sort of punishment, in addition to whatever the law metes out. People should simply boycott her programmes for her bad behaviour, until or when she repents.

jw5

Loyal
In all fairness, you seem to be one to be missing the point most of the time in all the threats. It is all right to disagree and have your own opinion. But not the display of arrogrance in your challenge and cowardince when proven wrong.

I was not aware that there is a policy on the luaggae handling until better informed forummers highlighted it.

You look, but dont see, see but dont understand. Just a loose glass cannon.
He needs to repent.
Perhaps you are the one to help him.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad manners is never confined to the uneducated. It cuts across society. The fact that people in this thread mention that they come across taxi drivers who help with the language and that other don't do it because they have a medical condition points to helping with the language is considered good manners. Never mind the rules. Manners are usually reflective of upbringing and not driven by rules.

It's time for the public and taxi companies to be aware that dun think cabbies are uneducated and uncouth kind of pple. I have been thru different taxi companies and I find that they think they can take advantage of drivers just because they are not well educated.very wrong!:mad:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
true that good manners are result of good upbringing. But imagine if your passenger is rude to you first, do you think you be willingly to return to your passenger with good service? Some passengers think they are fucking big shot paying you a mere ten over dollars.

Bad manners is never confined to the uneducated. It cuts across society. The fact that people in this thread mention that they come across taxi drivers who help with the language and that other don't do it because they have a medical condition points to helping with the language is considered good manners. Never mind the rules. Manners are usually reflective of upbringing and not driven by rules.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can, with grace. Is is an art to fuck them politely and deflate their ego.

Silence and inaction can be a reply.

I remember the old brits use to say "Not worth the powder and shot". (referring to the other party as animals)

true that good manners are result of good upbringing. But imagine if your passenger is rude to you first, do you think you be willingly to return to your passenger with good service? Some passengers think they are fucking big shot paying you a mere ten over dollars.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, completely agree with you. As those in the front line of service, taxi drivers will be the ones most affected by rude customers. This is compounded by the increase of foreigners. The trouble is both the customer and the taxi driver waits for the other to show good manners before reciprocating. Its going to be a long wait.

The man in the street will immediately switch off when the driver does not accord a modicum of service in the first interaction. After all it the customer paying the fare and the taxi driver is not providing the service for free.

If you show me a fucked up face and attitude and I am paying the fare, what do you think is the outcome. The ride will be quite bad.

The professions such as medicine, law, accountancy etc have their own licensing bodies that strictly control their own conduct. They never appeal to the public to be understanding. They know that it makes more sense to control a few arsholes in their vocation so that the overall impression of their profession is held high. You seldom hear of them appealing to the public to behave themselves.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand that as a frontline service. I always greet my passengers with "Hello..." as soon as they board my cab.
Some good ones will chat along the way,some stuck up ones i will ignore.

in Transcab, there is a lady manager by the name of jasmine. A lot of uncles respect her and moved with her from Comfort, as i was told.
If you respect pple regardless of their background,more likely, pple will reciprocate.

Bro, completely agree with you. As those in the front line of service, taxi drivers will be the ones most affected by rude customers. This is compounded by the increase of foreigners. The trouble is both the customer and the taxi driver waits for the other to show good manners before reciprocating. Its going to be a long wait.

The man in the street will immediately switch off when the driver does not accord a modicum of service in the first interaction. After all it the customer paying the fare and the taxi driver is not providing the service for free.

If you show me a fucked up face and attitude and I am paying the fare, what do you think is the outcome. The ride will be quite bad.

The professions such as medicine, law, accountancy etc have their own licensing bodies that strictly control their own conduct. They never appeal to the public to be understanding. They know that it makes more sense to control a few arsholes in their vocation so that the overall impression of their profession is held high. You seldom hear of them appealing to the public to behave themselves.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand that as a frontline service. I always greet my passengers with "Hello..." as soon as they board my cab.

in Transcab, there is a lady manager by the name of jasmine. A lot of uncles respect her and moved with her from Comfort, as i was told.
If you respect pple regardless of their background,more likely, pple will reciprocate.

Frontline cabby service only needs, "Where to?" Then drive there.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro, I glad to hear that. Not many people are aware how vital the taxi service. The first interaction that a foreigner has with Singapore and
Singaporean is with a taxi driver. That is why many of us resist FTs taking over the taxis in Singapore. First impressions has to be good.

For fellow Singaporeans, a friendly chat with a taxi driver can make their day. I had so many chats with cabbies to airport and back that I do recall some fantastic chaps including one ex-school mate.

I met a marvellous chap with an exceptional EQ. I got into his cab and his aircon was immediately set to a high. After 5 minutes, he asked if I wanted lower it. He told me that in hot Singapore, you need turn on the aircorn high as they are coming in from hot. Once they are settled and stopped perspiring, he will ask if its too cold.

I was once in a cab and the topic of nasi lemak cropped up. When he described the nasi lemak, immediately asked to change direction and head to Mt Faber. And he was right. It was good.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KRAFTY

Since you working as a TAXI driver. You have any gossip/story/insider info about the incident?
If have we all would really want to know more.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no. I got the info from the news and some of my own deduction.

KRAFTY

Since you working as a TAXI driver. You have any gossip/story/insider info about the incident?
If have we all would really want to know more.

M

Mdm Tang

>

Vandalism

MRT vandal to appeal sentence

05:55 AM

Jul 03, 2010

SINGAPORE - Convicted Swiss vandal Oliver Fricker has filed an appeal against his sentence, his lawyer Derek Kang told Bloomberg News.

The 32-year-old was convicted last month after pleading guilty to spray painting two carriages of an MRT train with his accomplice, Briton Lloyd Dane Alexander.

Fricker, an IT consultant, also pleaded guilty to trespassing into the SMRT Changi Depot sometime between May 16 and 17.

Last week, the court heard details of how both men broke into the train depot after cutting holes in the fence, defacing a train and took photographs before leaving.

District Judge See Kee Oon sentenced Fricker to five months' jail and three strokes of the cane.

Singapore has issued a warrant of arrest for Alexander, 29.

He is at large and believed to be in Hong Kong.

>

27-Jun-cover.jpg
ST_16540679.jpg
20100628.090527_taxi.jpg
[/IMG]
WB26-001-0-WAN.jpg

Mon, Jun 28, 2010
AsiaOne

Mr Tan, a 52-year-old taxi driver has accused MediaCorp artiste
Quan Yifeng of wrecking his taxi and even kicking him in the groin.
But Quan Yifeng has come back with allegations of her own that
he slammed his car door on her, and swore at her.
On Saturday, Lianhe Wanbao reported that a member of the public witnessed the taxi driver arguing with Quan Yifeng, who was accompanied by her daughter an unidentified man who looked to be in his 30s, around East Coast.
The taxi driver told Lianhe Wanbao that he picked up a male passenger on Saturday at 8.45am, who then asked him to go to Hua Xin Condominium to pick up more passengers, then head to Changi airport.
The two other passengers turned out to be Quan Yifeng and her
11-year-old daughter, who were heading to Mauritius where
Yifeng was filming. When he refused to help her with her luggage, the 36-year-old artiste lost her temper and continued to make things
difficult for him as they drove towards the airport, including
swearing at him in hokkien, shoving and hitting him.
After alighting, he said that she kicked his groin and a car door, then locked herself in the taxi for 15 minutes to thrash it.
The police has classified the case as theft because she left in another cab with his car keys, according to Lianhe Wanbao.
In a call from Mauritius, the MediaCorp artiste told Wanbao that she did not take his keys, nor thrash his taxi. She also said she was the one who called the police after their altercation, but had to leave to catch her flight.
She said she shoved him and kicked his car door because he blocked her as she was trying to get her luggage.

Quan Yifeng is now seeking legal advice, Wanbao reported.

The Straits Times
www.straitstimes.com
Lifestyle
Jun 28, 2010
Quan accused of 'taxi rage'

WB26-001-0-WAN.jpg

Quan Yifeng showing off the buise on her back. -- PHOTO: YUNN HORNG

MEDIACORP artiste Quan Yifeng has made headlines again - but for the wrong reasons.
Lianhe Wanbao reported that a 52-year-old taxi driver, identified only as Mr Tan,
has accused her of hitting him, thashing his taxi and taking his car keys.
Quan who spoke to Wanbao from Mauritius, where she is filming, has denied
his allegations and hit back by saying that he was rude, drove recklessly,
and slammed a car door on her. In Wanbao's report, Mr Tan was quoted as saying
that the star lost her temper after he did not help her load her luggage into his taxi
and asked 'what sort of service attitude is this?'. He claimed she also swore at him in
Hokkien, kicked him in the groin and locked herself in the taxi for 15 minutes,
after accusing him of braking hard on purpose and throwing her forward.
According to Wanbao, police have classified the case as theft beccause she
took off with his car keys. Quan is reported to be seeking legal advice.

01.jpg

Daughter's hand

02.jpg
03.jpg

04.jpg
05.jpg

06.jpg

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That black mark on fore head of the little girl is a fake. Please see carefully.
And I dont think Taxi Uncle will hit the little girl. If bitch Yi Feng maybe.
Now little girl sure will be investigate by the police because of the photo. That is their job any injury will have to take down statement and detail.
Now the little girl will be interogate and stree by the police. What kind of the mother(Yi Feng) is that?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That black mark on fore head of the little girl is a fake. Please see carefully.
And I dont think Taxi Uncle will hit the little girl. If bitch Yi Feng maybe.
Now little girl sure will be investigate by the police because of the photo. That is their job any injury will have to take down statement and detail.
Now the little girl will be interogate and stree by the police. What kind of the mother(Yi Feng) is that?