• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Please Dont Spend Money Unnecessary....WORST is Yet To Come...

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st visit to Orchard Road after 9mths yesterday...wah lau....where got economic crisis?...look at all the queues in the LV / Coach boutiques.....every chabo coming out with big big new bags....

must be PRC meimeis? :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st visit to Orchard Road after 9mths yesterday...wah lau....where got economic crisis?...look at all the queues in the LV / Coach boutiques.....every chabo coming out with big big new bags....

Its X'mas & people are looking for gifts.

The media is also giving a positive spin. From next year onwards realty will set in & you'll see alot of belt tightening. :rolleyes:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I recently had a taste of our hospitals system & even though I had more than enough in my medisave account to pay for everything, I still had to pay out of pocket because the PAP limited the amount I could claim.

I bet LKY & family had all their medical expenses paid by public expenses i.e FREE & I can't even use what is mine:mad:

The system in Spore is "fixed". When you are young you should save AND plan to quit Spore. Otherwise no matter how much you save the PAP gov't will get their hands on it by all those sneaky price hikes.

So ssave your money AND make plans to leave. Don't spend like the future tissue sellers of tomorrow :rolleyes:

thats why i left this country 7 years ago :smile: . i have heard enough stories that some folks in singapore has been saving since young age ...when they get old thought they can retired but no ,they are still working until now . then one unlucky day kena illness , medical expenses wipe out their life saving ...is that what you want in life ? work hard , save hard for your medical bills ? i thought we suppose to enjoy life ? work hard , play hard is my motto .

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recently had a taste of our hospitals system & even though I had more than enough in my medisave account to pay for everything, I still had to pay out of pocket because the PAP limited the amount I could claim.

I bet LKY & family had all their medical expenses paid by public expenses i.e FREE & I can't even use what is mine:mad:

The system in Spore is "fixed". When you are young you should save AND plan to quit Spore. Otherwise no matter how much you save the PAP gov't will get their hands on it by all those sneaky price hikes.

So ssave your money AND make plans to leave. Don't spend like the future tissue sellers of tomorrow :rolleyes:

If you intend to quit and go to a first world country like the US(soon to be 3rd world country)make sure you dont fall sick. You may discover that the insurance company that you had insured yourself had gone bankrupt and the hospital doesn't accept their coverage.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you intend to quit and go to a first world country like the US(soon to be 3rd world country)make sure you dont fall sick. You may discover that the insurance company that you had insured yourself had gone bankrupt and the hospital doesn't accept their coverage.

I have experience with the Canadian system. The healthcare system alone is worth the higher taxes. Each province has its own provincial health insurance which is affordable & free if you are low income.

Senior citizens are treated decently. This is how I'd like to be treated when I reach that age.

Other advantages include no gst on food & medicines. :smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I have experience with the Canadian system. The healthcare system alone is worth the higher taxes. Each province has its own provincial health insurance which is affordable & free if you are low income.

Senior citizens are treated decently. This is how I'd like to be treated when I reach that age.

Other advantages include no gst on food & medicines. :smile:

sounds like a good place, maybe i should consider joining you and bro chuck at Canada :biggrin:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sounds like a good place, maybe i should consider joining you and bro chuck at Canada :biggrin:

nothing is for free. somebody somewhere somehow have to pay for the good life.don't be deluded. you carve your own future and your own fate and destiny. don't anyhow follow people.their fate and destiny are different from yours...so are their life experiences and their aspirations. work out your own salvation here or anywhere in the world. it's the same - essentially. no need to panic. no need to run road. no need to compare. your fate is sealed by your own actions or inactions. good luck bro zhihau.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
nothing is for free. somebody somewhere somehow have to pay for the good life.don't be deluded. you carve your own future and your own fate and destiny. don't anyhow follow people.their fate and destiny are different from yours...so are their life experiences and their aspirations. work out your own salvation here or anywhere in the world. it's the same - essentially. no need to panic. no need to run road. no need to compare. your fate is sealed by your own actions or inactions. good luck bro zhihau.

heheh...

i'll do my own sums, danke :p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am now in Spore :mad:

At the time I was lured by prospects of a "good" job. With my current poor health I realise now there are other more important priorities in life. Spore is a bad place to be in alot of unhappiness :(

If I had to choose Canada would be my choice; lots of room, good people, good health care, good safety net,...

US has its fair share of problems & was where I first time I saw a security guard in a MacDonalds:eek: Never been to Australia but have friends & relatives there.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Spore is a bad place to be in alot of unhappiness :(

yes, and theblackhole has also pointed out a couple of things on the previous post. we have to set our own goals, and go towards it, take care and good luck :wink:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now Feds lowered interests rates to ZERO.

But consumers dont get it.

Especially S'pore consumers. Interests rates for your credit cards how high?

But but interests rates at ZERO to 0.25% what.

Quick go STOMP and write to News forums why S'poreans still pay high interests.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some of these kids could be the children of those retrenched and spend on their parents retrenchment money to look good. Don't forget our education system has bred materialism in new generations

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why quit? Die die I will be still here with many brothers. If you can migrate, you can afford it. I am sure you can sustain the life here too. So how many can run roads. What about the poor left behind. That won't solve the problems.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about the poor left behind. That won't solve the problems.

You still want 33% of the population to stay back and help the 66.6%? PAP always said, these poor must always help themselves since they asked for it.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why quit? Die die I will be still here with many brothers. If you can migrate, you can afford it. I am sure you can sustain the life here too. So how many can run roads. What about the poor left behind. That won't solve the problems.

Why migrate? Stay and poke them in their arse with your votes lah.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

yah hor... what about the poor here? :(:(:(

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
for those who anyhow spend, be it good times or recession times, be warned.
Stage 1= you can't go into bankruptcy/poverty overnight
Stage 2= you can't break free from bankruptcy/poverty overnight.
seems like a lot of ppl here are still in stage 1. stage 2 has yet to hit them.

stage 1 = queue and queue for LV bags, Crystal Jade restaurants.
stage 2 = queue and queue to jump MRT tracks?

a fren and me have come across ppl in office and MRT with credit cards bills 3pages long, & 2-3cm thick. and ATM withdrawal receipts showing bank balance of 2 and 3 digit figures. you think a bank balance of 3 digit figure can pay off a credit bill 3 pages long???

I save what I can and invest what I can. I am not some Warren Buffet or George Soros. But I believe in saving for difficult times and preventing poverty.

my advice (which will fall on deaf ears): do not be arrogant, spend and spend like there's no tomorrow. Because there will be a tomorrow, and you decide if you want to end up selling tissue paper in the streets or at least being at home watching tv tomorrow.

You can die with lots of money in bank. but if you die suddenly, thats fine. you don't need that money anyway. but you make sure you don't live on and SUFFER with no money.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
f88k la... let them spend until pok-kai, dey die its their business.. heed advice n learn the hard way.