• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visited North Vista Primary School. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

20 hrs ·
#DidYouKnow that Katong is named after turtles because it used to be a coastal area? This was what Primary 2 student Aadhya learnt when she went on a field trip with her school!
With the easing of #COVID19 safe management measures, North Vista Primary School students finally had the chance to go on their first learning journey a few weeks ago. They learnt that back in the day, the police were known as “mata mata”, a combination of the Malay language and Hokkien dialect. They stopped by the Old Joo Chiat Police Station, Peranakan shophouses and mural wall, and a Hindu temple.
In one learning journey, students got to see culture, religion, and tradition first-hand. And even more precious are the small life experiences shared between classmates, such as getting caught in passing showers together, cheering excitedly on the excursion bus, and enjoying snacks during a break. I’m glad that schools can resume more learning journeys now!
[
1f4f8.png
: North Vista Primary School]

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu looks forward to meeting you. :biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

3 hrs ·
For more than a year, the Community Club at Buona Vista was one of many that doubled up as Covid-19 community vaccination centres. Many of our residents and friends from across Singapore were vaccinated at the CC. I received my vaccination there too.
With the majority of our population now vaccinated, vaccination centres were progressively closed from the end of May, with operations consolidated at joint testing and vaccination centres.
In a way, this reminds us of what CCs are about. CCs were built as meeting grounds for all residents, offering a common space for activities within the community. But when required, they can be quickly repurposed for emergency or community needs. I am thus very thankful to all our partners and colleagues, especially those from People’s Association and our grassroots leaders and volunteers, for their dedication and hard work over the past two years.
From this month, we will be reverting to the Buona Vista CC that you are familiar with. We have progressively resumed our community programmes, such as classroom-based courses and sporting and fitness activities.
I am looking forward to meeting more of our residents in-person. See you at My Buona Vista!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visited Greenwood Primary School. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing added 7 new photos.​

15 hrs ·
How do we make learning Mother Tongue Languages more engaging for our primary school students? A beautifully immersive environment and a fun app with Augmented Reality (AR) features certainly go a long way
1f609.png

Had a little tour around the Bilingual Literature Appreciation Student Series (BLISS) Room at Greenwood Primary School when I visited before the term ended. Violet, Isra and Aarush introduced me to the 3 distinct areas in the room – for learning Chinese, Malay, and Tamil – and showed me the AR features of the app when used around these spaces!
Other than artefacts and fun nuggets of information on culture relating to each language, the room also has a selection of carefully curated storybooks in each Mother Tongue Language. Mdm Goh Min Min, Head of Department for Mother Tongue Languages, shared that the stories have been helpful in encouraging students to broaden their thinking and see things from different perspectives.
Our Mother Tongue Languages underpin our multicultural society. Glad to see our students greatly enjoying their learning!
Also dropped by the school-based student care centre, where the students were engrossed in building their paper towers. During the school holidays, our student care centres run full day programmes to keep enrolled students meaningfully engaged.
We’re now midway through the June holidays. I hope our students and educators are having a good break!
#ourschoolstories