• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu learns to plant vegetables. :biggrin:

1651681059572.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visited Republic Polytechnic. :thumbsup:

Album RP Graduation 2022
https://www.facebook.com/ChanChunSi...amKkfUiN9BAj0sCiV6toZHit_KNywSQ&__tn__=<<,P-R

Chan Chun Sing added a new video.​

4 May at 19:40 ·
Our polytechnics are holding their graduation ceremonies over these 2 weeks. The class of 2022 is a special batch - you have demonstrated tenacity and perseverance, completing your diploma in the midst of #COVID19.
This occasion is especially meaningful for Republic Polytechnic, our youngest polytechnic, which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year.
At RP’s graduation ceremony this morning, I addressed 3 questions that our graduates may have on their minds:
◾️
How long will my knowledge and skills be valid?
◾️
Will the RP brand help me in my future careers (yes, plural, because their generation will experience many careers in their lifetimes
1f642.png
)
◾️
Will I find my dream job?
Read my speech here:
http://go.gov.sg/rpgrad4may
Well done, Class of 2022!
I wish you all the best in your onward journey of growth. May you continue to be the most positive testimony to the RP brand.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visited Riverside Secondary School. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

17 hrs ·
Ezen finds fulfilment in motivating others to work towards a shared goal.
He was thrilled to be admitted to Riverside Secondary School’s student leadership programme through the Direct School Admission (DSA) exercise 2 years ago. Since then, Ezen served the school as a Junior Councillor and is now the Vice-President of the Student Council. He seizes opportunities provided by the school to develop his leadership skills so that he may contribute to the school community and beyond.
Our students have diverse interests and talents -- DSA is part of our efforts to broaden the definition of merit, emphasise holistic education, and provide multiple pathways and opportunities for them to thrive.
Glad to share that Ministry of Education, Singapore will resume in-person interviews and selections for the 2022 DSA exercise after using virtual modes for the past 2 years. This is another step towards our return to normalcy and enables our students to better demonstrate their talents and potential, especially for trials or group tasks where coordination between members is important.
Parents can be assured that Safe Management Measures will be in place to ensure the safety of all students and staff participating in the interviews and selection process.
This year’s DSA exercise for admission to secondary schools and junior colleges will open for applications from 5 May 2022.
Wishing all applicants the very best for your interviews and selection trials!
1f60a.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu enjoyed having breakfast with Muslim students. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

2 hrs ·
How was your Hari Raya long weekend?
Enjoyed meeting some of our Muslim students for breakfast this morning
1f642.png
We had a sumptuous spread of festive food including lontong, rendang, ayam masak merah and lodeh, from the excellent Nasi Padang stall at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore’s Canteen B.
Currently a medical student, Nasrullah hopes to gain some overseas experience in healthcare now that the borders are opening up. Nursarah is concerned with #ClimateChange which she feels is the most urgent crisis for the world to resolve. Irfan is a 3rd year student at NIE and will be joining the Ministry of Education, Singapore family very soon!
Was heartened by the students’ strong interest in issues affecting our country’s future, and their plans to fulfil their aspirations.
Wishing them all the best in their careers and studies
1f4aa.png
!

jw5

Loyal
from straitstimes.com:

Firms should develop own workers instead of hunting for perfect candidate: Chan Chun Sing​

1651854785258.png

SINGAPORE - Many companies still prefer hunting for the perfect candidate rather than developing the ones available to them, said Education Minister Chan Chun Sing on Tuesday morning (April 26).

He said companies looking only to bring in fresh graduates to inject new skills or to poach employees with the skills they need will result in a zero-sum game that will not increase Singapore's overall talent pool.

Mr Chan, who was speaking at the launch of the first Workplace Learning Conference held at the Lifelong Learning Institute in Paya Lebar, said Singapore must rethink its approach to building its talent pool.

He said: "Too many companies only seek to hire individuals who already have the competencies to meet their needs.

"Too many companies are also still using the proxy of a degree or diploma in their search process, rather than specifying more specific skill sets in their searches."

He added that too few companies focus on training their existing pool of workers or hiring people who show potential.

Such a situation will only lead to wages spiralling upwards without new skills or capabilities being introduced into the workforce, said Mr Chan, adding: "We must all break free from such a mindset if we want to stay competitive as an economy, and as a society."

He added: "Our progressive companies have shown us that it is possible to do things differently, and quite a few of you are here today with us."

Addressing the audience, which included representatives from nine companies receiving awards under the National Workplace Learning Certification scheme, Mr Chan noted that some of them have shown the way forward by combining their human resources with learning and development functions.

The certification scheme, run by the National Centre of Excellence for Workplace Learning (Nace), recognises progressive organisations that have structures and processes in place for good training practices at the workplace.

Instead of looking for talent outside, these companies develop in-house training to build their own people to meet new business needs, Mr Chan said.

One of the companies receiving the certification was German sensor firm Sick.

Mr Jack Goh, managing director of Sick Product Centre Asia in Singapore and Malaysia, told The Straits Times that partnering with Nace has helped the company build career pathways for its employees and grow the business.

He said it has also helped Sick identify and address skills gaps, particularly in thinking out of the box and risk-taking, and that the company, which has about 150 employees in Singapore, has seen revenues grow by 58 per cent in 2020 and 45 per cent in 2021.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu enjoys lontong at NTU. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

13 hrs ·
This plate of lontong might be a familiar sight to some students at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Had the chance to try the delicious Malay food from the Nasi Padang stall at Canteen B yesterday morning with some students.
55-year-old Mdm Eliyana and her assistants serve up a broad range of dishes from 7am to 8pm at the canteen daily. “The most popular dish is beef rendang” she shared proudly.
“Some of the students, they said they cannot take spicy food, but they keep coming!” chuckled Mdm Eliyana, “they find the food delicious, they even ask for sambal”.
I try to eat light on most days, but was more than happy to indulge in the tasty food from her stall with the students.
Good food and great company
1f642.png

#OurCanteenFood

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visits a community garden. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing added 6 new photos.​

6 hrs ·
Sweet potatoes, bananas, turmeric and curry leaves are some of the produce that can be found in My Buona Vista community garden at Holland Drive!
During a recent visit, Mr Yip, our resident and garden enthusiast, showed me the variety of flowering and edible plants being grown.
Thankful for the help of residents like Mr Yip in taking care of the garden, ensuring that families in the estate can enjoy fresh produce. May we continue our efforts to be a more sustainable community!

1651937957873.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wishes Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers! :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

15 hrs ·
Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers!
…Mothers who brought us into being.
…Mothers who brought us up.
…Mothers who always give us their all.
When I was young, my family didn’t particularly “celebrate” or “commemorate” Mother’s Day. Grandma used to remind us - “If you are filial, everyday is Mother’s Day”.
Indeed, beyond the commercial trappings, everyday can and should be Mother’s Day in our own ways.
Thank you also to our motherly figures - our teachers - who care for their flocks as their own and beyond their immediate families.
May all families have a blessed Mother’s Day together.
[The first bowl of noodles I cooked for my mum was instant noodles with egg, when I was 6 or 7
1f642.png
]
#mothersday
May be an image of food

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Keechiu wishes Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers! :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

15 hrs ·
Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers!
…Mothers who brought us into being.
…Mothers who brought us up.
…Mothers who always give us their all.
When I was young, my family didn’t particularly “celebrate” or “commemorate” Mother’s Day. Grandma used to remind us - “If you are filial, everyday is Mother’s Day”.
Indeed, beyond the commercial trappings, everyday can and should be Mother’s Day in our own ways.
Thank you also to our motherly figures - our teachers - who care for their flocks as their own and beyond their immediate families.
May all families have a blessed Mother’s Day together.
[The first bowl of noodles I cooked for my mum was instant noodles with egg, when I was 6 or 7
1f642.png
]
#mothersday
May be an image of food

Please change "mother" to "birthing person".

• Haha
Reactions: jw5

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visits Sembawang Secondary School. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing added 7 new photos.​

6 hrs ·
“What time will Minister be here? If he is late, does that mean we can be late for school too?”
I was told the students at Sembawang Secondary School were making cheeky jokes before I arrived
1f606.png
. And the high level of energy was kept up throughout my visit – I was welcomed with an outstanding cajon performance, and the questions came fast and furious during the fun dialogue with the students.
Was glad to see the students applying their inquisitive minds to understand more about current affairs and coming up with practicable solutions to Singapore’s challenges. These include designing a programme to measure humidity, exploring insects as an alternative source of edible protein, and discussions in the classroom on gender equality and doing away with mid-year exams.
To finish the story – I arrived at the school 10 minutes before the scheduled time
1f609.png
So I hope our students will be punctual too!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbi...Yst0-0X_TUBTkMdeRmhPdUcJUDjtDh9Q&__tn__=*bH-R