• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu disturbs student's lunch to interrogate him. :biggrin:

1641310636286.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu leans over to interrogate student, but he is more interested in something else. :biggrin:

1641388855733.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu has a lot of questions to ask. :biggrin:

May be an image of 1 person, child, standing and indoor

https://www.facebook.com/ChanChunSing.SG?__tn__=<<*F

Chan Chun Sing

11 hrs ·

As parents, what is our first question to our children after their first day in school?
1f600.png

Is it …

- Did you make any new friends?
1f970.png

- What questions did you ask in school today?
1f607.png

- What answers did you give in school today?
1f913.png

- Do you know your way around the school?
1f605.png

- Did you help anyone today?
1f44b.png

May we encourage our children to develop a lifelong curiosity to learn, grow their relationships with friends and support others.

And may our children define their success by realising their respective talents, surpassing themselves and contributing to causes beyond oneself. CCS

jw5

Loyal
from msn.com:

Chan Chun Sing reveals favourite K-drama actor in ‘Ask Me Anything’ session​

1641398804018.png

Singapore – Betcha you don’t know who Education Minister Chan Chun Sing’s favourite Korean drama actor is.

Or how he deals with stress. What he does in his free time. And whether he prefers cats or dogs.

Mr Chan revealed all (OK, I’m exaggerating) in an “Ask Me Anything” session video posted to Facebook.

When asked if he watched K-drama and who his favourite actor was, he responded:

“No, I don’t watch k-drama. I watch my family watching k-drama.”​

OK, how does he deal with stress?

Stress? He advises going for a run. “Do something different or even take a nap, then come back to it; things will look a bit different.”​

In the session uploaded on New Year’s Eve, he was also quizzed about his background, and the changes he anticipates in Singapore’s education system over the next 10 years.

Of his role as Education Minister, he said that his favourite part of the job is visiting schools and talking to the children.

He also loves being able to “meet people and to help Singapore do better, and help Singaporeans improve their lives.”

As for what he does in his free time, he said: “I sleep, play with my kids, maybe go and do some exercise.”

And in case you are still wondering, Mr Chan is neither a cat nor dog person. He explains that when he was young, he was chased around by cats and dogs.

Now for the tough stuff: What changes does he anticipate in Singapore’s education system over the next 10 years. He gave this answer which is not really what the questioner was looking for:

“I hope our students will be much more self-directed in their learning.”

“The teachers will then be able to help build the confidence of our students and to bring out the best in our children by facilitating group learning.”

Last of all, who would he most like to thank for what they did in 2021?

“That would be my wife. Because in 2020 and 2021, during the Covid situation, it has been very tough on all of us and without her support and taking care of the family, I won’t be able to focus on my job,” he said.

Can pass lah.

jw5

Loyal
from straitstimes.com:

20,000 children have taken first dose of Covid-19 vaccine: Chan Chun Sing​

1641479062076.png

SINGAPORE - About 20,000 children have received their first Covid-19 vaccine shot since the paediatric vaccination drive kicked off on Dec 27, said Education Minister Chan Chun Sing.

And more than six in 10 Primary 4 to 6 pupils have booked a slot to get their jabs, he added.

Mr Chan also said about 8,600 new registrations have come in for children aged nine to 11 who are not enrolled in Ministry of Education (MOE) schools.

Mr Chan, in a Facebook post on Sunday morning (Jan 2), said these numbers were only possible with the support of parents, and the hard work of public and healthcare officers.

He said: "With a good vaccination rate in our primary school students, we certainly look forward to 2022 being a more normal school year for our children as we carefully consider how to safely resume more activities in the coming months."

In his post, Mr Chan said seven more vaccination centres will start operating on Monday, in addition to the seven centres already in operation, to support the roll-out of the vaccines to Primary 1 to 3 pupils.

The Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty Covid-19 vaccine is the only one currently approved for children aged five to 11 in Singapore. They are given a third of the dose used for adults.

Mr Chan said parents with questions about vaccinating their children can join an MOE webinar on Jan 5, held in collaboration with the Health Ministry and the Early Childhood Development Agency.

It will be held from 7.30pm to 8.30pm at this website and is open to 3,000 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. The passcode to enter the webinar is "5janvac".

Mr Chan said he encourages parents who have queries to join the webinar, and to submit questions ahead of the session here.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
from straitstimes.com:

20,000 children have taken first dose of Covid-19 vaccine: Chan Chun Sing​

Children ages between 5-11, over 200K of them and about 10% got first shot. Interesting.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is encouraged by the number of registrations. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing added 9 new photos.​

2 hrs ·
We continue to see an encouraging number of registrations, since the start of the child vaccination exercise less than 2 weeks ago.
- For P4 to P6 students, more than 7 in 10 have signed up, and over 42,000 have taken their first shot.
- Just 2 days ago, we invited the P1 to P3 cohorts to register, and more than 1 in 3 have already signed up, with close to 4,000 of them receiving the vaccination yesterday.
- Overall, more than 1 in 2 of our primary school students have already registered.
- Beyond our primary school students, we have also just opened up to all children aged 5 and above who are born between 2013 to 2017, with about 5,000 registrations, with many who are in our pre-schools.

1641559644625.png

jw5

Loyal
tiagong the booster dose is quite jialat for a number of folks

I recall MOH mentioning in passing sometime back that there were no cases of serious side effects for adults getting their boosters. :thumbsup:

However please note that was sometime back, and like for the kids, MOH should also be monitoring closely any side effects after adults get their boosters. :cautious:

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu commemorates the 60th anniversary of Radin Mas Community Club. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing added 3 new photos.​

2 hrs ·
Over the last 10 years, I have worked very closely with Radin Mas Constituency former grassroots adviser Sam Tan and now Melvin Yong 杨益财. But my first interaction with the grassroots at Radin Mas came very much earlier when I attended a Meet-the-People session helmed by then-MP Dr S Vasoo. I witnessed at close quarters the camaraderie of the Radin Mas team and the care they showed our residents. And this spirit of teamwork and care was kept alive by Sam and Melvin.
This afternoon, we commemorated the 60th anniversary of Radin Mas Community Club. In the last six decades, Radin Mas has seen changes in its living environment. The types of community programmes and the way we deliver them have also evolved. But what has not changed all these years - the focus on our residents and how we can do even better for them. With the spirit and dedication of our grassroots leaders, volunteers and partners, we can be confident of our future.

1641653488593.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is delighted to present edusave awards. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

4 hrs ·
We will be presenting My Buona Vista Edusave Awards over two weekends. Delighted to welcome back many familiar faces to receive the awards, but even happier to present the awards to several first-timers. Congrats to everyone!
To receive the awards is not about doing better than others. It is, more importantly, about surpassing ourselves. The desire to do so is a lifelong goal, and indeed tougher than just trying to surpass others.
Our success is not ours only. We can only be successful because of the support and opportunities given to us by our loved ones, teachers, friends and the larger community. Always pay it forward and we can brighten the lives of those around us.