• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think both green and brown field in both zone b and a respectively will prosper.

But I've 2 qns that came to mind as I read previous comments:

1. PH is located just opposite SG live firing area. I heard the ground can shake around PH when an exercise occurs. No one has really move in yet. Given that SG is unlikely to relocate its live firing area, what is the potential of PH when realities set in for the owners that will move there in a few years time?

2. I read that zone b is a way to avoid the massive causeway jam. But will there be a similar problem in 2nd link, especially when many of the new developments are expected to be completed in the next few months to years? The profile of people buying zone b is dominated by Singaporeans, in other words, they all have to commute everyday to SG for work, unless they are mostly retirees (which I don't think so). So what are your thoughts on this issue?

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think both green and brown field in both zone b and a respectively will prosper.

But I've 2 qns that came to mind as I read previous comments:

1. PH is located just opposite SG live firing area. I heard the ground can shake around PH when an exercise occurs. No one has really move in yet. Given that SG is unlikely to relocate its live firing area, what is the potential of PH when realities set in for the owners that will move there in a few years time?

2. I read that zone b is a way to avoid the massive causeway jam. But will there be a similar problem in 2nd link, especially when many of the new developments are expected to be completed in the next few months to years? The profile of people buying zone b is dominated by Singaporeans, in other words, they all have to commute everyday to SG for work, unless they are mostly retirees (which I don't think so). So what are your thoughts on this issue?

My view on point 2): Currently traffic flow at 2nd link is still OK , but I agree that in time to come it will be a nightmare, especially the Singapore side. Hopefully by that time I retire liao, haha.
Also I think those Singaporean buying there is more for retirement purpose; they already know that it is not very feasible to commute everyday to SG for work, although lots of people is doing it now with some extra effort.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe when the population really reach that point, it already more than justify for the MRT link to Tuas extension right? So why worry

My view on point 2): Currently traffic flow at 2nd link is still OK , but I agree that in time to come it will be a nightmare, especially the Singapore side. Hopefully by that time I retire liao, haha.
Also I think those Singaporean buying there is more for retirement purpose; they already know that it is not very feasible to commute everyday to SG for work, although lots of people is doing it now with some extra effort.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for the live firing range, I thougt that is regarded as one of the attractions?

haha kidding.. ultimately, it will not look too good on Singapore's image if the foreign scene at Puteri Harbour see this side of Singapore right?

If its the other way round, then I would say I would be worried.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
what if u put the proposed RTS into the equation?

Can their RTS beat our MRTs in term of no of stations . After you drop off at some ulu stations , cant get a cab or bus to go home ? Can they make as much money as our MRTs and yet can increase fare anytime they like ?
Not a easy equation to run railway , other wise they would have done it donkey years ago .

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could anyone advise on kulai property or slightly further away from bukit indah, Nusa bestari or taman sutera. I feel tt bt indah is getting more prosper and just like Singapore soon. Might hope to live in a more peaceful taman but yet nearer to Singapore for retirement purpose.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am looking forward to see what kind of land price will PH hit in the next few months.

That will truly reflect the outlook of end prices by would be developers

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could anyone advise on kulai property or slightly further away from bukit indah, Nusa bestari or taman sutera. I feel tt bt indah is getting more prosper and just like Singapore soon. Might hope to live in a more peaceful taman but yet nearer to Singapore for retirement purpose.
Hi bro LYC,

I visited the IOI showhouse some 8mths ago... They r selling their superlink at very reasonable price... U mitt want to check it out...

http://www.bandarputra.com.my/prop_terrace/tropics2_feature.cfm

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apart from CS 3 and the ones next to Pinetrees, there's no more land presently.

I saw land clearing at Kota Iskandar site (northwards) facing the sea. Don't think it is the BRDB one. Maybe something is happening there.
Other than that I read UEM bought more land next to PH.

Pls share info if you know anything.

Am looking forward to see what kind of land price will PH hit in the next few months.

That will truly reflect the outlook of end prices by would be developers

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

em..further away..how about the Shrine? titter.gif
hse.jpg

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which project location is better?

Matex or Setia 88?

Cos matex is only selling for RM800psf after rebate on low flr.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quiet 2013 predicted for Malaysian secondary property market
Prices within the secondary property market are likely to stagnate or rise only marginally next year in Malaysia, the Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA) announced.

“Prices may stagnate but it won’t drop in 2013,” MIEA president Nixon Paul told reporters.

Nixon added many sellers had the holding power and would only sell if potential buyers could meet their price and that sellers don’t have any urgency to sell at the moment.

Zerin Properties chief executive officer Previn Singhe said he expected an increase in property prices in locations where land was scarce.

“Property prices will generally be flat next year but in some locations, it will inch up.” Singhe said. “This will be in areas where land is scarce such as Bangsar Baru, Taman Desa, Taman Tun and some parts of Cheras.”

Singhe added that improving ties between Johor and Singapore would also boost the property market in Johor.

Rahim & Co (Johor) Sdn Bhd executive director Loo Kung Hoe said he expected high-end property prices in Johor to appreciate between 20 percent and 40 percent in 2013.

“This is primarily due to investments going into Iskandar Malaysia which will boost the property market there. Last year, prices appreciated about 30 percent,” Loo said.

- Property Report Asia