• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Base on Singapore experience....

People will prefer to buy from developers rather than sub-sale.
If that is the case; developers will make all the money by launching one property after another. (eg Puteri Harbour, Medini)

To make money; must invest those place that new buyers will have no choice but to buy from sub sale sellers. (Sky 88,)
You must have limited land to get unlimted potential.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's correct. PH is limited in supply but Medini is limitless.
The key here is differenciation, you got to be different from others to stand out.

Base on Singapore experience....

People will prefer to buy from developers rather than sub-sale.
If that is the case; developers will make all the money by launching one property after another. (eg Puteri Harbour, Medini)

To make money; must invest those place that new buyers will have no choice but to buy from sub sale sellers. (Sky 88,)
You must have limited land to get unlimted potential.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lousy location in Pasir Ris (where I stay) is now RM3000/psf.
JB Sentral is better location than Pasir Ris Singapore in my opinion.
By the time it hit RM1800; people will start to see a liveable city.
When you can see it ; it will not be cheap anymore.

Hence must imagine how the future will be.
I can imagine JB blooming with population growing and centralize from CBD outward.

I can imagine a lot of beautiful buildings in Puteri Harbour and Medini but struggling to get it fully tennanted.

In Singapore, gov can mass import FTs to create job for locals and pay FTs well at the same time. Occupacy rate is high at 95% with high rental yield . In JB , can the Malaysia gov create jobs for foreigners ? I am seeing most foreigners and lots of locals is coming to Singapore to work . You think Singaporean voters is happy with this arrangement ?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Singapore, gov can mass import FTs to create job for locals and pay FTs well at the same time. Occupacy rate is high at 95% with high rental yield . In JB , can the Malaysia gov create jobs for foreigners ? I am seeing most foreigners and lots of locals is coming to Singapore to work . You think Singaporean voters is happy with this arrangement ?

Trends is changing for JB. A lot of small - medium industry is swifting to JB due to rising cost in Singapore.
If JB CBD fails; can you see success in other zone B,C,D and E.

I am simply placing a small bet on ploximity of RTS, CIQ and City Sq.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zone A JB city center
Zone B Nusajaya
Zone C Port tanjung Pelepas
Zone D Pasir Gudang
Zone E senai

All industry, whether SME or heavy industries will be located in zone B,C,D,E. CBD fails or not does not really affect other zone, however if all other zone fails, zone A will be affected.

Last edited:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether you and I like it or not, IMHO things are just warming up at Iskandar. Iskandar is making news almost every day on various developments, MOUs and JVs. As expected, most already knew 2012 was meant to be a tipping point for Iskandar and indeed, Mega projects are taking off like nobody business. I believe those who were sitting on the fence watching (for the last few years) is beginning to believe or starting to take action.

I have observed that the prices of property beginning of 2012 and now, have gone up drastically. For example, beginning of 2012, we were talking about Condos (in Nusajaya) selling at RM 600-700 psf was quite ridiculous compare to those in KL or Penang. Now, we saw people snapping up SKY88 at prices breaching RM 1000 psf and beyond. Where does this put the KL properties? Who cares... Iskandar has become a Hotspot of its own kind very soon or at least sooner than most of us anticipated it to be. What about landed property? Early this year, most Semi Ds were at early RM 1 million mark with some outstanding developments (eg, EL or HH just to name a few) breaching RM 1.5 million but now??? RM 2 million for Semi Ds in these developments.....

If you work the maths, its averagely and conservatively 20%-30% increase just in 2012 alone. Simply amazing under current environment.

In my opinion, I believe 2013/14 will be an even bigger year for Iskandar property with more projects coming on stream.

Cheers
N

cybermad6969

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's correct. PH is limited in supply but Medini is limitless.
The key here is differenciation, you got to be different from others to stand out.

totally agree PH land is limited ! JB has plenty of land plus its a nightmare to revamp the whole CBD with all the old infrastructure.

cybermad6969

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trends is changing for JB. A lot of small - medium industry is swifting to JB due to rising cost in Singapore.
If JB CBD fails; can you see success in other zone B,C,D and E.

I am simply placing a small bet on ploximity of RTS, CIQ and City Sq.

SMEs are shifting to Nusajaya not JB .

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zone A JB city center
Zone B Nusajaya
Zone C Port tanjung Pelepas
Zone D Pasir Gudang
Zone E senai

All industry, whether SME or heavy industries will be located in zone B,C,D,E. CBD fails or not does not really affect other zone, however if all other zone fails, zone A will be affected.

Zone A is catered for entertainment while the rest of zones are for heavy industries and corporate. Zone A now is already booming with influx of sporeans coming over every weekend in search of cheaper entertainment. As long as the SGD remains strong and prices remain high in Spore and with better connectivity when RTS comes into the picture, i dont see Zone A failing

cybermad6969

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right.

They can only move to Nusajaya. Land are limitless there.

Certainly I do not expect another factory to be open in JB Sentral for the next 100 years.

when SME shift to nusajaya, jobs will follow. pple will work there n live there. JB ? no jobs ...so how to sustain the ppty prices ?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when SME shift to nusajaya, jobs will follow. pple will work there n live there. JB ? no jobs ...so how to sustain the ppty prices ?

Job there will mainly for Johorean whom work there and go direct home in Johor. Do not expect them to live there.
If their pay is RM 3000, they also cannot afford to rent there.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Job there will mainly for Johorean whom work there and go direct home in Johor. Do not expect them to live there.
If their pay is RM 3000, they also cannot afford to rent there.

Depends on the mix of expats/msians workers. if mostly expats, the condos there will have no pro with tenancy. if mostly msians as you put forward, yes i agree. they have car and will drive back to their home, no need to stay in nusajaya.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's fair to say the jobs will be more of blue collar and lower value industrial jobs. Hence rental from them is not expected to be high. Cbd will be cbd. You don't expect lawyers, accountants, doctors, dentists to move to PH or medini anytime soon.

Remember it takes 10-15 years for Bk indah to mature. When did banks, cinema, Mac open there?
When will these come to zone b? I take a bet its at least after 5 years. So for these 5 years, as prof said, zone a is a better bet.

Shaven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember it takes 10-15 years for Bk indah to mature. When did banks, cinema, Mac open there?
When will these come to zone b? I take a bet its at least after 5 years. So for these 5 years, as prof said, zone a is a better bet.
when was the last time you've been to Bukit Indah? buay tahan eh. if you hve been to tesco just across is HSBC, SCB at bestari there near Giant, TGV cinema is at Jusco beat any sinkies cinema liao. anyway for you i suggest stay in your hole lah, knn.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
when was the last time you've been to Bukit Indah? buay tahan eh. if you hve been to tesco just across is HSBC, SCB at bestari there near Giant, TGV cinema is at Jusco beat any sinkies cinema liao. anyway for you i suggest stay in your hole lah, knn.

i think what he/she meant is it takes a long time for the banks, mall, mac, cinema to come to bukit indah. whcih is true .. bukit indah used to be a deadtown