• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cool down... guys & gals... lets relax and concentrate on debating based on valid points n opinions.

Lets all end with abitbof humour.. ita just kopitiam talk.

I still wan to see this thread carry on

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chill.....take a break, take a .....KITKAT

when was the last time you've been to Bukit Indah? buay tahan eh. if you hve been to tesco just across is HSBC, SCB at bestari there near Giant, TGV cinema is at Jusco beat any sinkies cinema liao. anyway for you i suggest stay in your hole lah, knn.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ultimately, I hoping security will be much better at Puteri Harbour, as we k see police patrolling in pairs in good time intervals and the help alarm booth stationed very 100m along the marina. Nusajaya is spending extra effort in training up security police officers.

I want to feel safe being able to walkout of the condominium and cross a street to another landmark.

Will be my ultimate concern. So I have more confidence in PH as Kota Iskandar is near, tourist attractions and big name hotels are there. Most importantly, its under one big boss, UEM. It will be more justifiable for them to apend the money and effort in beefing up security. Especially their head office is going to based at Imperia.

A wholely planned community has enormous potential if it k deliver on its blueprint.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if Nusajaya does well, it will help JB as well right? And if JB does well, it will benefit Nusajaya? End of the day, if you just buy anywhere within Iskandar, as long as some areas prosper, you will benefit..... RIGHT?
:smile:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if Nusajaya does well, it will help JB as well right? And if JB does well, it will benefit Nusajaya? End of the day, if you just buy anywhere within Iskandar, as long as some areas prosper, you will benefit..... RIGHT?
:smile:

yeah. ppl tend to defend their 'zones' in whcih they are vested. even those outside iskander will benefit from positive spillovers as ppl priced out from iskandar properties will flow into these districts and buy/rent. bukit indah is a very good potential

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah. ppl tend to defend their 'zones' in whcih they are vested. even those outside iskander will benefit from positive spillovers as ppl priced out from iskandar properties will flow into these districts and buy/rent. bukit indah is a very good potential

Actually I think all zones have good potential...only thing is that I do not have enough bullets to buy them all!!!!! :oIo:

Anyone knows how to buy land in Johor?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I think all zones have good potential...only thing is that I do not have enough bullets to buy them all!!!!! :oIo:

Anyone knows how to buy land in Johor?

land banking very capital intensive one leh. if u no bullets to spray on property, where got bullets to shoot land. that one needs grenade

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
land banking very capital intensive one leh. if u no bullets to spray on property, where got bullets to shoot land. that one needs grenade

No bullets to spray on properties in all zones.....

but you are right, it is capital intensive. However, if there is a good opportunity, why not? :smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually depend on individual needs lar. You cant say which zones is more superior. Example if you want to setup up a farm, you wont look for lands in Zone A not even Zone B due to the high cost. If are a lawyer, you may want to look for a place near the courts / gov department. As for Singaporean, most of us choose Zone B because they wanted to get away from staying in pigeonhole, look for landed with garden, and avoiding the massive jam at Woodland Causeway. Growth is secondary for most people in Zone B, they want a balance of amenities but not so campy as in CBD. If they love CBD lifestyle , they wont even want to move out of Singapore liao , SG got the best CBD in the world , come with sky high price needless to say .

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor's Nusajaya draws up tough security plans (As per Nusajaya website)

NUSAJAYA could arguably be one of the most guarded residential areas in Malaysia going by security plans being put in place.

With foreign buyers comprising more than half of all purchasers at a number of its high-end developments, government-linked UEM Land - one of the biggest landbank owners there - has made moves to ensure enhanced security measures including technology and an 'omnipresence' to assuage crime concerns.

Its managing director/ chief executive Wan Abdullah Wan Ibrahim said the company and Medini Security Services Sdn Bhd have formed a joint venture company to 'expedite the implementation of safety and security initiatives and services in Nusajaya.'

Medini Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB), the promoter of the economic zone. Sovereign wealth fund Khazanah Nasional has interests in both UEM Land and IIB.

At the joint venture signing ceremony yesterday, Mr Wan said some RM4 million (S$1.6 million) would be spent on capex and an equal amount on opex this year to address Nusajaya's security requirements. 'In monetary terms it is not a large amount but it's significant for addressing public perception (of crime).'

Malaysian authorities maintain crime is on the decline but Mr Wan conceded the 'negative perception' remains. Given that foreigners are a big target of its high-end homes, UEM Land's focus on ensuring better security for Nusajaya which spans 24,000 acres and is one of Iskandar's five flagship zones, is not surprising. The state administrative offices are located there as are attractions such as Legoland which is slated to launch in September.

Mr Wan said nine out of ten buyers of UEM Land's waterfront properties in Puteri Harbour are foreigners. In its East Ledang and Horizon Hills projects, they comprise 70 and 50 per cent, respectively.

The developer intends to launch another RM5.5 billion worth of projects this year, of which RM1.6 billion will be in Nusajaya. It is targeting RM3 billion in sales this year.

Nusajaya and Medini have been accorded special incentives including a waiver of bumiputra housing quotas compared to other parts of Johor where developers are required to allocate some 40 per cent of a project to bumiputras who are normally also accorded a 5-7 per cent discount.

UEM Land's security measures include LED street lighting and the expansion of CCTV coverage as well as the deployment of 160 auxiliary police to Nusajaya by 2015 from about 20 initially.

Ultimately, I hoping security will be much better at Puteri Harbour, as we k see police patrolling in pairs in good time intervals and the help alarm booth stationed very 100m along the marina. Nusajaya is spending extra effort in training up security police officers.

I want to feel safe being able to walkout of the condominium and cross a street to another landmark.

Will be my ultimate concern. So I have more confidence in PH as Kota Iskandar is near, tourist attractions and big name hotels are there. Most importantly, its under one big boss, UEM. It will be more justifiable for them to apend the money and effort in beefing up security. Especially their head office is going to based at Imperia.

A wholely planned community has enormous potential if it k deliver on its blueprint.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually depend on individual needs lar. You cant say which zones is more superior. Example if you want to setup up a farm, you wont look for lands in Zone A not even Zone B due to the high cost. If are a lawyer, you may want to look for a place near the courts / gov department. As for Singaporean, most of us choose Zone B because they wanted to get away from staying in pigeonhole, look for landed with garden, and avoiding the massive jam at Woodland Causeway. Growth is secondary for most people in Zone B, they want a balance of amenities but not so campy as in CBD. If they love CBD lifestyle , they wont even want to move out of Singapore liao , SG got the best CBD in the world , come with sky high price needless to say .

how abt those who want to stay in city but cannot afford to do in SG prime CCR? those with no car and who doesnt want to venture too far out from CBD? Zone A will be the choice for this category.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
how abt those who want to stay in city but cannot afford to do in SG prime CCR? those with no car and who doesnt want to venture too far out from CBD? Zone A will be the choice for this category.

Well no right or wrong if they love Zone A lifestyle with lots of commercial building around them. At current situation , getting around JB CBD is nightmare for most people as a short 5km can take 30mins ! Tell me how a foreigner know how to get to JB City Mall from Singapore Raffles Place , in shortest possible time ?
BTW , if you are going in/out to Singapore CBD , Zone B and Zone A is same distance . However , easier/faster to go from Zone B with or without a car.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's simplistic to undermine zone B over zone A.

It will disintegrate Iskandar and unravel what the govt wants Iskandar to be the moment that zone B is seen as not meeting expectations. People are more associated with Iskandar thru' Nusajaya and knows that if this place prosper, they are more apt to believe Iskandar will succeed as a region. And more faith in investing in other developments pushed out by the govt.

It is in the interest of the govt to ensure that zone B succeed. Whether planned or un-planned for, zone B is the billboard for Iskandar today.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
not sure who did that. not me. i am just pointing out zone A has its attractiveness that appeals to certain investors like myself

Like i said, overall its good for JB if either zone prospers, therre will be spillover benefits among the zones

Last edited:

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh... paiseh... I'm not saying that you did. I'm just stating a macro view.

In selected areas, zone A has its charms and potential too. that i do agree. Let's hope the govt oversee the rejuvenation plan tightly and quickly, and tighten up the security in CBD. Early investors will benefit tremendously from it.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh... paiseh... I'm not saying that you did. I'm just stating a macro view.

In selected areas, zone A has its charms and potential too. that i do agree. Let's hope the govt oversee the rejuvenation plan tightly and quickly, and tighten up the security in CBD. Early investors will benefit tremendously from it.

noted. yeah, investors of Iskandar now are realy like the first batch of guinea pigs. if Iskandar pulls off, we all gain big. If it sinks, we lose big. Those who wait and see will proceed based on the outcome of the first wave. Just hope that the coming election and the fact so many big companies are at stake and involved in this project will pressurize Johor to do well in Iskandar and give it a "do or die" best shot.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
A rising tide lifts all boats. To be crude -- even shit floats.

Early investors (2010 and earlier) already have a margin of safety and don't need Iskandar to do well to profit. Am looking forward to 2013, another exciting year for IRDA to meet milestones. Take one step at a time, I won't look so far for RTS to be up and running, or for 1500-2000 PSF prices. But for sure, Iskandar is drawing more attention and visitors...

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
noted. yeah, investors of Iskandar now are realy like the first batch of guinea pigs. if Iskandar pulls off, we all gain big. If it sinks, we lose big. Those who wait and see will proceed based on the outcome of the first wave. Just hope that the coming election and the fact so many big companies are at stake and involved in this project will pressurize Johor to do well in Iskandar and give it a "do or die" best shot.

If it sinks, just keep as holiday home/s..... That's why maintain main property portfolio in SG, just keep spare change in Iskandar. :smile:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it sinks, just keep as holiday home/s..... That's why maintain main property portfolio in SG, just keep spare change in Iskandar. :smile:

yea good one. I agree .. in 5 years time, we should know the prelim results of Iskandar and review its deliverables. Then decide next move