• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Netizen: My Friend Who Is 36 Years Old Has A Business Degree But Cannot Find White Collar Job

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
“He got a polytechnic diploma in marketing. Later he went to take a private degree in business, I think it is not really recognised as it is completed in 1 year part time.”

He shared that his friend started working at 23-years-old after he ORD, but he could only get an administrative job and his salary never went beyond $2500/month.

“He got retrenched at 36 years old. Went for more than 10 admin job interviews in 1 month but did not have any job offer.”

https://shrtcô.de/znDb54

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
his degree must be from ah neh school hence not recognised. Ask him forget it, go be Grab driver / delivery man better.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
biz degree is useless. better get tech training or graduate from coding bootcamp. if all else fail, try to up oneself by uptron.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
He shared that his friend started working at 23-years-old after he ORD, but he could only get an administrative job and his salary never went beyond $2500/month.

Where did he buy his "private business degree" from? Australia? :rolleyes:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is singkies love to get educated n big on paper qualifications but have no skills. A qualification is only good if it gives u in demand skills. For example a degree is only of valued if it's a professional degree. For example, engineering, law, medicine, accountancy etc. Generalisations like biz ad is useless. I am surprised till date.. singkies still have not learnt that.

And look at ite .. singkies look down on that too. But which house don't need electricians, plumbers, painters etc? But singkies look down on such trades now this is all done by foreigners n singkies can't even get into the industry in their own country. The stupidity n ignorance of singkies is mind boggling

Reactions: jw5

jw5

Loyal
The issue is singkies love to get educated n big on paper qualifications but have no skills. A qualification is only good if it gives u in demand skills. For example a degree is only of valued if it's a professional degree. For example, engineering, law, medicine, accountancy etc. Generalisations like biz ad is useless. I am surprised till date.. singkies still have not learnt that.

And look at ite .. singkies look down on that too. But which house don't need electricians, plumbers, painters etc? But singkies look down on such trades now this is all done by foreigners n singkies can't even get into the industry in their own country. The stupidity n ignorance of singkies is mind boggling

It amazes me sometimes that many sinkies think a person who has an office admin or HR job is more successful than a professional electrician or plumber. :rolleyes:

How many more reams of photocopying paper do you need? :confused::eek::biggrin:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please congratulate yr friend on our behalf for voting PAP. And add salt by saying you deserve it!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
It amazes me sometimes that many sinkies think a person who has an office admin or HR job is more successful than a professional electrician or plumber. :rolleyes:

Office administrator...an accountant can do...but can an office administrator do an accountant job? Singkies are that dumb?

• Haha
Reactions: jw5

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

One other thing admin job etc favour chiobus. Guys are at a disadvantage..but in accounting there are more women but guys seem easier to promote due to being able to work n not hamstrung by child rearing etc

jw5

Loyal
One other thing admin job etc favour chiobus. Guys are at a disadvantage..but in accounting there are more women but guys seem easier to promote due to being able to work n not hamstrung by child rearing etc

If it was true that admin jobs favour chiobus, I would not be so prejudiced against admin jobs. :biggrin:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No amount of ranting and complaining will achieve anything-just look at WP's MPs as an example .
Either you vote them out or go about quietly serving their beloved foreign '' talents'' and retire happily carrying cardboards .
On hindsight Vivian is not wrong to call RI a lousy school as it's students lose out to those from kampong schools from in China, Philippines and esp South Asia