• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Own Question Post - can we handle the truth?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Guys guys guys, please don't zap me for starting this "question thread" on a very sensitive subject that may touch the nerve of many forummers here. It's meant to be a mature discussion and not infant rattle.

Just look at early this morning's "Ramseth's Courtyard Cafe" there were at least 5 posts about SBF's legendary Tonychat:

a. Tonychat RIP
b. tonychat is really in Bangkok
c. There can be no stinkier stinkie than Tonychat
d. All eyes on Tonychat who is back in Sinkieland
e. This is Tonychat GF

I am sure many of us had read his posts and especially his relentless bashing of Singaporeans as sinkies. Now honestly if we just stop and seriously think about some of the stuff Tonychat said doesn't it reflect some part of us as a Singaporean (yes me included, I may be the worst sinkie who ran away to Siam)? So if some of the stuff Tonychat said pains us because its the truth, can we discuss here whether we Singaporeans can handle the hard truth about ourselves?

Kob Khun Krub. Sawasdees Krup.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joe, I thought about this too. Sinkies are by no means the most considerate, polite people around. even if there were no 2.5 mil FT around to create problems of various sorts, we would still have bad Singaporean behaviour - read buffet piling, tissue choping etc etc etc.

But my point is, now that Singapore is having a rough time, especially the mainstream average Joe who a) cannot find a job, b) cannot keep up with inflation or c) have to pay through the nose for a flat or a car, what's the point of Tonychat of bashing our local guys?

even those who have voted oppo - 39% are also stuck in this system. so in the end what does he achieve? a reminder every morning of how ugly we are? He may be a straightforward poster, but I feel he has to go beyond that, not bash at anything that moves.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like all societies, Singaporeans have certain traits that I am sure we are all not proud of. Traits such as being kiasu, being complaint, overly cautious, too reliant on authority to guide us, queuing up for free gifts etc.

Tonychat on the other hand is a different matter. Its mindless drivel and nothing constructive. Prior to 2009, the drivel was worse - same few near identical lines in nearly every thread. It was basically spamming. A poll was done to consider if it was spamming and suddenly the content was less identical and not as often as before but still not constructive.

Alex Au and Vincent W are 2 Singaporeans who are very constructive when they ask not just the PAP but all Singaporeans to reflect how we are as a society. Ramseth was interestingly another who use to compare Singaporeans and foreigners based on his travels. Neddy and QXD were another 2 who used to provide constructive feedback as well as Charlie from Canada.

I think we as a culture tend to be very cautious, less outspoken, feel comfortable in a group and prefer others to change the status quo.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like Tony's message.

What's worse is this ballessness could be passed down to the next generation. How to stand up to the Tiongs & Pinoys amongst us next time.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I am sure many of us had read his posts and especially his relentless bashing of Singaporeans as sinkies.

perhaps Tony may be interested to know that persistent ranting would eventual fade into the background as noice and the folks pay no attention to it anymore.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Compare yourself or Sam Leong to him. He has not shown himself to rise above the common folks and that he was once a nobody until he unsinkified (his favourite word) himself and now running a successful business and is very wealthy.

He goes round to different sections and also posts comments confirming his lack of knowledge and some of his lies were exposed. He has very poor command of English and appears confused as to where he is residing, Singapore, Thailand or Australia.

Everyone respects a person who has already proven his worth and will accept scoldings and sometimes curses even. This guy continually bashes and curse members mindlessly in every posting. It is no surprise that other members dislike a person who bashes when that person is not respected and no one respects a complete moron like tonychat.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Being responsible for the recent Tonychat bashing campaign, I'd just like to say that my main motivation was not to spam for the sake of vandalising other forummers read or to get back at Tonychat himself.

Using it as a means of getting back at him is ineffective; I'm well aware of this little shit's MO; He would lie low now the shit has hit the fan, make a few inane replies and then come back with his insults when threads like these have died down.

The main theme of those threads were to drum up awareness, perhaps also a rallying call to those senior among us whom while may not be normally affected by the likes of him, should really step forward, make ourselves counted and put that little shit on notice. Most of those that have stepped up are in fact are the old timers and even the more respected ones in this forum, and for that I'm thankful for those of you who stepped forward but also please accept my apologies for having slightly dented your morning reading pleasure.

And while the nick tonychat shall be expected to remain incorrigible, he will now realise that the sole means for him to ever be "respected" is to furiously buy more rep points from Sam. :biggrin: (You're welcome Sam).

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
...................................................I am sure many of us had read his posts and especially his relentless bashing of Singaporeans as sinkies. Now honestly if we just stop and seriously think about some of the stuff Tonychat said doesn't it reflect some part of us as a Singaporean (yes me included, I may be the worst sinkie who ran away to Siam)? So if some of the stuff Tonychat said pains us because its the truth, can we discuss here whether we Singaporeans can handle the hard truth about ourselves?

Those items ya like, read it, Those ya do not like, just ignore them. That's what I suggest.

Cheers!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The main theme of those threads were to drum up awareness, perhaps also a rallying call to those senior among us whom while may not be normally affected by the likes of him, should really step forward, make ourselves counted and put that little shit on notice.

All you've done is play into his hands. The more response he gets, the more he sees his nick in the headlines, the better it is for him.

The way to deal with people who harp for attention is to completely ignore them.

Had he got zero response since day one, he would have been out of here a long time ago. Nobody hangs around in places where their presence is not acknowledged.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Compare yourself or Sam Leong to him. He has not shown himself to rise above the common folks and that he was once a nobody until he unsinkified (his favourite word) himself and now running a successful business and is very wealthy.

He goes round to different sections and also posts comments confirming his lack of knowledge and some of his lies were exposed. He has very poor command of English and appears confused as to where he is residing, Singapore, Thailand or Australia.

Everyone respects a person who has already proven his worth and will accept scoldings and sometimes curses even. This guy continually bashes and curse members mindlessly in every posting. It is no surprise that other members dislike a person who bashes when that person is not respected and no one respects a complete moron like tonychat.

well said. that is what's in my mind. he has no moral high ground to shoot people off when he himself showing all the sinkie trait. if he is like QXD or Sam already there and telling people off here everyday, i would tell him "yes i am a sinkie, can you help me to unsinkiified?"

what i can see is he is venting his frustration for his failure in achieving something he want in real life. well, be fair. maybe he is not such a bad person in real life. if he is what he claimed he is, a vegetarian etc. but sometime in life whatever good u did will go down to drain for some mistakes u made, like the CIA chief.

knowing from fellow samsters here he was begging for points and hoping to join them in overseas making me think he is no different from pap dogs, just that he is not on their side. maybe got rejected by them? :rolleyes:

as a grown up adult or make it bluntly as a man, we should try to make our mark on our own than to leech on others to success. hoping others provide you with a closely guided path or proven way to succeed is somehow unrealistic. i got such friends in life. kind person will just reject you, but bad ones will make use of you and leave you behind once they achieve what they want. that is why explain tonychat behaviour, maybe he got toyed and played out? :confused:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to worry Bro. The comments to the contrary were not meant for you. It was meant for tyrants, bullies and eunuchs. After that relentless bitch-slapping yesterday, its an attempt to rebuild the backbone. It was alright to crucify Fishypie but their own mates is a no-go zone. Tonychat is their new poster child but not out love but of convenience.

We might be in for round 2 today. I doubt they can use the spamming excuse.

Being responsible for the recent Tonychat bashing campaign, I'd just like to say that my main motivation was not to spam for the sake of vandalising other forummers read or to get back at Tonychat himself.

Using it as a means of getting back at him is ineffective; I'm well aware of this little shit's MO; He would lie low now the shit has hit the fan, make a few inane replies and then come back with his insults when threads like these have died down.

The main theme of those threads were to drum up awareness, perhaps also a rallying call to those senior among us whom while may not be normally affected by the likes of him, should really step forward, make ourselves counted and put that little shit on notice. Most of those that have stepped up are in fact are the old timers and even the more respected ones in this forum, and for that I'm thankful for those of you who stepped forward but also please accept my apologies for having slightly dented your morning reading pleasure.

And while the nick tonychat shall be expected to remain incorrigible, he will now realise that the sole means for him to ever be "respected" is to furiously buy more rep points from Sam. :biggrin: (You're welcome Sam).

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When you ran away from the fight you have no rights to instigate others to go to war here.

"If" you've left (Now i believe he hadn't really) why would you not focus on your new life but your spirit never leave SG ? More like you're still here and ..... lol

Yes, it is much better to solve problems with descent, quite, civilized and non-harmful way and not fighting.

Peaceful methods of resolution should always be tried first. But when the other party refuses to listen to reason and won't back down a fight is sometimes unavoidable. Fighting to protect yourself or others in some situations is necessary. Regrettable but necessary.

BUT we don't need a loser who ran away to tell us what to do, we know when to do and what to do... FO with your cursing day in day out. Loser ! Harsh ya? You like it ?

Oh you think yo'ure smart ? Let me give u a piece of my mind :

Have you seen people died of hunger in the streets ? Have you seen riot and protest here yet ? Isolated yes not not street levels. You didn't know most of the Sinkies are rich and doing business and among the 60% ? You seen Government holding guns to your throat forcing people to vote ? You think people who voted for them are dumb and stupid ? Think again !

They're not like you ! They're enjoying life here in SG so they vote the obvious.. wake up dudes ! You think they're stupid b'cos the CPF being in controlled not by them ? But u didn't think people make millions just from properties hikes and other business so its worth it. You don't make so much money and enjoy 1st world facilities food, fashion, Cars, condos, maid etc... Your fail doesn't mean everyone did ? Crude and rude yes i'm sorry didn't want to say this but truth hurts ya ?

Wake up man ! Improve yourself maybe we can talk then...

No punt intended, you(Tonychat) ask for it ! What Sinkie? i'm enjoying my life here. Fight what ?!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would agree if it was the usual troll. I have seen long periods where he was practically ignored . He has nowhere to go. He used to go around begging for points via pm. Does not sound like a troll to me.

The point that you made in another thread today which I would agree is that he is indeed amusing. It grows on you - an acquired taste.

Had he got zero response since day one, he would have been out of here a long time ago. Nobody hangs around in places where their presence is not acknowledged.

Last edited:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
IMO, there is some truth in his ranting. It is the way he put it that annoyed some forummers here.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why all the angst in recent days? There is enough space in this forum and on my server to accommodate everyone who has something to say tonychat included. Unlike the Island of Singapore, servers are is infinitely scalable.

Tell you what.... I promise each member here 1 Gb of server space for messages. That's plenty of room for everyone. No need to fight and quarrel.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....can we discuss here whether we Singaporeans can handle the hard truth about ourselves?
The only hard truth is that there are many in our society who bothered to spend 24/7 in forums commenting on anything and everything with nothing. There are many in our local forums. If they are not paid to do so something is really not right.