• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MY LUNCH/DINNER/BREAKFAST/SNACK/SUPPER Thread for sharing your meals/food/cooking

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Pureed roasted butternut squash soup ( chicken stock with organic chicken drumsticks, carrots, garlic, onions, basil, ground pepper, ground paprika). In a separate pot boiled the roasted butternut squash and garlic, add water, turmeric and garlic powder).
Poached fresh cod fillets, sliced red bell pepper, sliced fresh shitake mushrooms, and dill.
Steamed green beans.
Any photos? Take a photo! You can watsapp me I can put it in with your post for you.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
20210913_115028.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

In Malaysia, they only have the dry version. Gives me a sore throat. Our SG version is much better.

I've never eaten mee siam with prawns before. At the hawkers centre, it's always just tofu and hard boiled egg (one if lucky, usually just half). Maybe BG's amah put hum into his mee siam when he was a pampered kid :smile:
My wife uses the Thermomix and the Malaysian recipes for her mee siam and the fried bee hoon.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In Malaysia, they only have the dry version. Gives me a sore throat. Our SG version is much better.

I've never eaten mee siam with prawns before. At the hawkers centre, it's always just tofu and hard boiled egg (one if lucky, usually just half). Maybe BG's amah put hum into his mee siam when he was a pampered kid :smile:
yup, same here. i prefer the wet sinkie version. wet and hot is always better than dry and cold when it cums to noodles and women. imo, mee siam like mee rebus are supposed to be cheap and simple comfort meals for poor sinkies up to 1969. that was why originals had simple ingredients with little to no meat. most we would get then were fried tiny meatless baby shrimp or shallot (seldom both) and half an egg. now with more wealth and spending power, sinkies can afford some luxury ingredients added to otherwise traditional and authentic paupers’, peasants’ and coolies’ staples. it’s about time to evolve and change these dishes by adding favorite goodies to them if they are selling for more than their worth (of scant ingredients). a $6.9 mee siam plate should have at least a full egg cut into halves, at least 3 prawns, may be some fish cake slices, and definitely a handful of grab pussy hum, much like a $6.9 laksa bowl of ingredients. can you imagine an amdk or amdl paying $13 for mee siam in high ses palo alto and seeing only tiny bits of fried tofu puffs, some fried shallot, bean sprouts, and hard boiled egg over vermicelli sludge? in fact, those ingredients are exactly what one gets in killiney kopitiam at palo alto. lol!
https://killineyusa.com/menu/#lunch

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought AAA striploin steaks aged 21 days from Longos, and will bbq it for dinner today, Sep 16.
Beautiful pleasant day, mostly sunny, high of 24C, overnight low of 16C.

IMG-20210916-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210916-WA0006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I bought AAA striploin steaks aged 21 days from Longos, and will bbq it for dinner today, Sep 16.
Beautiful pleasant day, mostly sunny, high of 24C, overnight low of 16C.

View attachment 122984

Very nice! Aged 21 days some more! Can see the nice marbling.

Hmm the steaks look kind of small on that plate but I guess 9oz is about there.

My sons prefer bigger steaks.

Last edited: