• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Jocelyn

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How TPL got thru? I think you being a MP makes more sense then them selecting TPL. If you are as gorgeous as you say.

I think TPL is ok...she subscribes to PAP ethos. her hubby works well with LHL

They know that I am too unlike them, cant fit into their mould. Indeed I abhor the pap.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
TPL ok!? How the hell she ever got elected is a mystery by any standard overseas. Note, I said overseas not Singapore.

I think TPL is ok...she subscribes to PAP ethos. her hubby works well with LHL

They know that I am too unlike them, cant fit into their mould. Indeed I abhor the pap.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is interesting to see how LHL handles this GRC monkey created by LKY. It's swiftly turning into a gorilla. Damn if he abolishes it. damn if he doesnt.

See how a bad policy turns out in the future?

and there are many bad policies which will come back to haunt SG in the future

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The GRC is only ever used in Singapore I think. The rest of the world votes on the individual merits of each candidates.

It is interesting to see how LHL handles this GRC monkey created by LKY. It's swiftly turning into a gorilla. Damn if he abolishes it. damn if he doesnt.

See how a bad policy turns out in the future?

and there are many bad policies which will come back to haunt SG in the future

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The GRC is only ever used in Singapore I think. The rest of the world votes on the individual merits of each candidates.

yes...the sole purpose of the GRC is to keep the pap in power.

If indeed the GRC is to have minority representation in Parliament, wld it serve that purpose if we have just two-men GRC ? Why need to have six-men GRC?

Sometimes the pap takes us as fools

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not even 2 man! vote each in on its individual merits! In the case of TPL, she would be voted out! But the rest of the "team" might still be in because of that.

yes...the sole purpose of the GRC is to keep the pap in power.

If indeed the GRC is to have minority representation in Parliament, wld it serve that purpose if we have just two-men GRC ? Why need to have six-men GRC?

Sometimes the pap takes us as fools

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An example..I was told by my good friend:

She is a Director in a quasi govt Council. The CEO is an ex Army Brigadier. He is articulate and runs the Council with a firm hand.
If that is not subservient, what is??

Your entire gender bias was based on anecdotal evidence. This example of yours is not used to calling other people Sir. As an army brigadier he received more "Yes Sir" than he gave. If he chose to be subservient it would more likely be a personal trait. In fact, the stereotype of such a high ranking officer is one of arrogance rather than subservience.

At his level, when he uttered a "Yes Sir" it would have to be for a formal event like a parade drill or responding to an Operation Order to show that it was being understood. In a military environment, there is no room for "if" or "but" or "maybe" because the clock starts ticking the moment the Operation commences. You have to understand that this has nothing to do with being subservient.

An army brigadier after so many years in such an environment respecting the orders of a superior may developed a respect for higher authority. Even that this applies mainly to formal orders. For a commander that is worth his salt, he should have his own ideas to contribute. Otherwise he would not have risen that far.

NSmen, on the other hand, don't have that many years to develop any special respect for authority. If you have the opportunity to manage NSmen, you would know that it is not easy to get NSmen to do things, you need to persuade, to reason, even to urge.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sim Wong Hoo faced the same situation in his No U-turn syndrome article. No means no in Singapore. There is no such thing as an alternative route for people to take. You know a lot of people from the ruling government?

I wonder what was Sim Mong Hoo trying to get from the government. If it was media related forget it. If it was money, they look at your background and if you are a Poly grad, you have less chance than a U grad, following their idea of meritocracy. A foreign company might have a better chance of getting a licence because they think it is a better bet. But in many countries, including the US, there are also a lot of no no's, e.g. In genetic engineering there is a taboo on using aborted embryos. Singapore has no such restriction.

Last edited:

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSmen, on the other hand, don't have that many years to develop any special respect for authority. If you have the opportunity to manage NSmen, you would know that it is not easy to get NSmen to do things, you need to persuade, to reason, even to urge.

i heard this story: during one ICT, scout PC tried to pull rank on his scout platoon during atec. the entire platoon refused to move out. OC and CO had to come down to pacify the platoon, needless to say, the PC kena fcuked nicely by the CO.

lesson to PAP "officers": keep on pulling this i-know-better-than-you-shit on singaporeans, and see what will happen next. ignore the citizens at your own peril.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you think? For a system that requires a huge investment to contest, with no chance of an individual to stand alone in it. I won't even consider it democratic.

I agree with you.

LKY has twisted the SG political landscape to suit the pap. It's neither democratic nor meritocractic.

GE 2011....GY was defeated and cant get into Parliament but TPL sailed in. Who is more capable and deserve to be an MP?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your entire gender bias was based on anecdotal evidence. This example of yours is not used to calling other people Sir. As an army brigadier he received more "Yes Sir" than he gave. If he chose to be subservient it would more likely be a personal trait. In fact, the stereotype of such a high ranking officer is one of arrogance rather than subservience.

At his level, when he uttered a "Yes Sir" it would have to be for a formal event like a parade drill or responding to an Operation Order to show that it was being understood. In a military environment, there is no room for "if" or "but" or "maybe" because the clock starts ticking the moment the Operation commences. You have to understand that this has nothing to do with being subservient.

An army brigadier after so many years in such an environment respecting the orders of a superior may developed a respect for higher authority. Even that this applies mainly to formal orders. For a commander that is worth his salt, he should have his own ideas to contribute. Otherwise he would not have risen that far.

You missed my point abt the BG and his dealings with the Minister. He was firm with his subordinates and he was convinced that the team made the right decision.

But he succumbed and obeyed the minister, although he knew the Minister made a wrong decision. That was my point.