• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Jocelyn

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jocelyn is like any mother. We want the best for our children....... Do you think Jocelyn is making a wrong choice?

Who doesn't want the best for their children - especially when they have only just two?

The point is that we make the best out of the given situation or environment. There are many mothers like Jocelyn who live the life of ordinary mothers and are contented that this is a good environment for them to bring up their children. Yes, living in a small country with ambitious parents, their children may have to compete with many others - some are better than them while others are not.

That's the fact of life - we can't be the best all the time, nor can we be the best at times. They don't have to send their kindergarten kids for tuition classes if don't want to - or their piano lessons, ballet classes, art classes and other enrichment courses. If they study hard or are good at something, they may get to be the best. They can be a Lee Hsien Loong, or a Fandi Ahmad. The opportunities are always there - no bumiputra policies, no race barriers, no gender discrimination.

It's not a given that going to Australia or anywhere else for that matter means a more enjoyable or wholesome life. Our host Sam has alerted to the fact that some become worse in foreign land. It all depends on how Jocelyn wants to lead her family life.

Fears and anxieties there will always be - but we may be amazed how fast our kids adapt. Look at how we fear them 18-year-old going to NS - but almost none come out the worse. Though it may sound a bit cliche - NS has turned them from boys to men! (Still a few fearful parents scoot off to avoid their sons doing NS.) NS for girls, if introduced, can turn our girls into women.

Joycelyn - and her husband - is fortunate that there is a choice. She just have to make the best out of it. She may be happy that she can afford to visit Australia for holidays, but it doesn't mean that it will be a good place to live for the rest of her life.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who doesn't want the best for their children - especially when they have only just two?

The point is that we make the best out of the given situation or environment. There are many mothers like Jocelyn who live the life of ordinary mothers and are contented that this is a good environment for them to bring up their children. Yes, living in a small country with ambitious parents, their children may have to compete with many others - some are better than them while others are not.

That's the fact of life - we can't be the best all the time, nor can we be the best at times. They don't have to send their kindergarten kids for tuition classes if don't want to - or their piano lessons, ballet classes, art classes and other enrichment courses. If they study hard or are good at something, they may get to be the best. They can be a Lee Hsien Loong, or a Fandi Ahmad. The opportunities are always there - no bumiputra policies, no race barriers, no gender discrimination.

It's not a given that going to Australia or anywhere else for that matter means a more enjoyable or wholesome life. Our host Sam has alerted to the fact that some become worse in foreign land. It all depends on how Jocelyn wants to lead her family life.

Fears and anxieties there will always be - but we may be amazed how fast our kids adapt. Look at how we fear them 18-year-old going to NS - but almost none come out the worse. Though it may sound a bit cliche - NS has turned them from boys to men! (Still a few fearful parents scoot off to avoid their sons doing NS.) NS for girls, if introduced, can turn our girls into women.

Joycelyn - and her husband - is fortunate that there is a choice. She just have to make the best out of it. She may be happy that she can afford to visit Australia for holidays, but it doesn't mean that it will be a good place to live for the rest of her life.

You are very rational and logical. I agree a lot with what you said.

Jocelyn got her tertiary education in Aus but now works in SG. I guess she has seen the good, the bad abnd the ugly side of SG. For whatever, she and her hubby have schosen to give their baby an option to be an Australian. Personally, I think it is a good choice.

I got my degree from NUS and am very much a Singaporeans. But I intend to migrate shd I have a baby. It is not the pull factors that make me want to migrate. It is the push factors. Like I said, I dont wish to raise my child in a SG environment.

I mix around enough to know that I can't trust what the pap say because they dont look beyond their nose. They are reactive instead of proactive. They respond rather than lead. They claim to be the best but they are far from good.

Just look at LHL and his proposed National Conversation. I would rather he shows some leadership and be decisive instead of trying to converse and get a consensus. If he doesnt have any idea what' best for Singapore after 10years as PM, he shouldnt be there. Does he truly believe he can get anything worthy out of the National Conversation?

Listen to Tharman and TCH!! They are appalling. What they said show that they are way behind reality.

So what does the performance of LHL, TCH amd Tharman show? To me, it shows that they are bankrupt of ideas and that's frightening for SG if they have to lead for the next four years. they will do more harm than good to SG. SG badly need a leadership change

Like I said, I and my hubby will stay in SG shd we not have any children

Last edited:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow 26 pages liao!

I may be late to the party but can you tell me if your friend Jocelyn is young and nubile? Long hair, fair and soft skin, tall, long legs in high heels, nice office lady wavy hair?

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jocelyn is a younger version of Constance Song

Wow!

ce03fab8.jpg

17124e54.jpg

3abf9b26.jpg

e780a349.jpg

55626f9c.jpg

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have seen a pic of Constance which resembles Jocelyn. In that pic, Constance was wearing a deep cleavage dress

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So what does the performance of LHL, TCH amd Tharman show? To me, it shows that they are bankrupt of ideas and that's frightening for SG if they have to lead for the next four years. they will do more harm than good to SG. SG badly need a leadership change

Like I said, I and my hubby will stay in SG shd we not have any children

Someone made an observation that in the US, every one or two terms, there was a change of President but if you were to analyse the stock market indices, it really did not matter who the President was, he was a total non-factor as far as the stock market was concerned.

I am not too sure how accurate this observation is but I think we often give the political leaders too much credit for determining our lives. I believe politicians do determine the physical environment but what determines our own future and our children's future is the way we can all cope relative to the others. If we can perform much better than the rest, no matter what the environment is we should be much better off, living the life of an elite or we could be only mediocre or even just scums if we are that uncompetitive. It is the relative performance that will matter more in the long term.

How the community views us also count. Are we first class or second class? You may say that Singaporeans are treated second class in Singapore. FTs are higher. But that is because we are not assertive enough in what we need. We do not make our voices heard. But we can and we have the numbers. Even new citizens eventually land themselves in the same boat and worry about new FTs. We can change it but first we have to change ourselves.

Last edited: