• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Jocelyn

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what's wroing with aus education?

Tony tan was educated there. Which Aus educated Singaporean has failed you?

You just proved my point. I have dealt with several indigenous Ozzies. They are very laid back, slow in responding even to a easy sale. Don't think they are competitive anywhere in the world. Do you see them make any mark in the great universities of the world?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh.. hemmm...... How many nobel laurettes does NUS/NTU produce then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_laureates_by_country

Australia

Brian P. Schmidt, Born in United States, Physics, 2011
Elizabeth H. Blackburn*, Physiology or Medicine, 2009
Barry Marshall, Physiology or Medicine, 2005
J. Robin Warren, Physiology or Medicine, 2005
Peter C. Doherty, Physiology or Medicine, 1996
John Warcup Cornforth*, Chemistry, 1975
Patrick White, born in the United Kingdom, Literature, 1973
Aleksandr M. Prokhorov*, Physics, 1964
John Carew Eccles, Physiology or Medicine, 1963
Sir Frank Macfarlane Burnet, Physiology or Medicine, 1960
Sir Howard Florey, Physiology or Medicine, 1945
William Lawrence Bragg*, Physics, 1915

You just proved my point. I have dealt with several indigenous Ozzies. They are very laid back, slow in responding even to a easy sale. Don't think they are competitive anywhere in the world. Do you see them make any mark in the great universities of the world?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hey boss, your experience maybe because you more kwai lan than me is it? ha ha ... joking.

My use of the term "gracious" extends beyond pleasantries like saying "good morning" and smiling.

I ran a business in Sydney and I could write a thick book on the number of cheating, lying, conniving white OZs that I've crossed swords with over the 10 years I was there. They may be more gracious when I meet them on the streets but that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. They may smile a bit more but they're hustlers at heart.

If I was to generalise, I'd have to say that the Kiwis are Angels compared to the OZs. The Kiwis are far more likely to honor a contract, pay on time and not try to wriggle out of a tight spot by counter attacking with wild allegations.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

they have done well in soccer, tennis, swimming, cricket, hockey, athletics, football. Melb U, UNSW, ANU, UWA are ranked very high in global U rankings.

For a population of 20+m that's great...

Just ask a simple question...why are so many foreigners seeking Aus PR and citizenship.

SG tried to atttract HKies in 1997..but failed miserably. Now SG can only attract 3rd world migrants and rich crooks..

u still think SG is better than aus?

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have very similar experiences. My dad is here now...

Bro Ash, today good sunshine and clear blue sky ... bring your dad to the nudist beach leh. :p

Or a round of cheap golf if he is into goofing.

Have a wonderful time with your dad.

Enjoy!!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Ash, today good sunshine and clear blue sky ... bring your dad to the nudist beach leh. :p

Enjoy!!

u r making Singaporeans envious!! An SICC membership costs S$200k+ and have to play in hot humid weather...weekends are packed

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unlike you, I dont envy Susan nor Woffles. On the contrary I see them as how tragic SG system is. They are greed personified. they dont show love, compassion, etc. It's cases like them and the pap leaders that I want my children out of SG

I don't envy them either because theirs is not my way. I was just responding to your complaint that docs in Sg lead a hard life. These examples live very much better lives than most of us here. You said it yourself, if you are not materialistic and chase for the last dollar, life for a doctor can be a very comfortable one indeed. At least, there is a long queue of patients. All you need to decide is how many you want to treat.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I already about 28 weeks liao, still can't tell....you better quit your gynae job. :p

dear fetus newbie,

i have seen many slits in my life, but i've never seen one as large as yours! perhaps, a dick may grow out of it. have to wait a little longer. :p

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't envy them either because theirs is not my way. I was just responding to your complaint that docs in Sg lead a hard life. These examples live very much better lives than most of us here. You said it yourself, if you are not materialistic and chase for the last dollar, life for a doctor can be a very comfortable one indeed. At least, there is a long queue of patients. All you need to decide is how many you want to treat.

Docs in general lead a hard life in SG ..ask any new MO or docs oin general Hospitals.

Not a bed of roses in private practice too. A small clinic at Mt E goes for more than S$6m. Need to have good business to maintain and sustain the clinic.

Even GPs in SG heartlands are struggling.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now SG can only attract 3rd world migrants and rich crooks..

Rich crooks? Ah yes, you folks remember billionaire Nathan Tinkler from Oz?

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/billionaire-tinkler-struggling-to-pay-the-bills.html

"Documents from Mr Tinkler’s racing company, Patinack Farm, reveal staff are on the point of “mutiny” after a series of failed promises to make up the unpaid superannuation reports Business Day.

It is believed that the Australian Taxation Office has been called in to investigate the complaints from employees."

Such are the characters that sinkie govt loves so much... simply because they brought with them $$$.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rich crooks? Ah yes, you folks remember billionaire Nathan Tinkler from Oz?

"Documents from Mr Tinkler’s racing company, Patinack Farm, reveal staff are on the point of “mutiny” after a series of failed promises to make up the unpaid superannuation reports Business Day.

It is believed that the Australian Taxation Office has been called in to investigate the complaints from employees."

Such are the characters that sinkie govt loves so much... simply because they brought with them $$$.

Many Indonesian crooks, Many PRC crooks...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I was to generalise, I'd have to say that the Kiwis are Angels compared to the OZs. The Kiwis are far more likely to honor a contract, pay on time and not try to wriggle out of a tight spot by counter attacking with wild allegations.

my boss must be damned suay lor to kenna that one nz firm for not delivering according to the contract. refuse to deliver because cost of raw material went up and insist we pay extra.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to work lah, KNN. Its ok, my Dad was in the same uni as I was. He knows his way around. He is actually very proud that I made this decision of being here rather then in SG.

Enjoy!!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just ask a simple question...why are so many foreigners seeking Aus PR and citizenship.

SG tried to atttract HKies in 1997..but failed miserably. Now SG can only attract 3rd world migrants and rich crooks..

u still think SG is better than aus?

We must be talking about different things here. You talked about getting your child an Aus citizenship or even bringing up your child in a relaxing Aus environment and put him/her under Aus education system. I say think twice before you do that.

People migrate for quite different reasons, maybe because of education system honestly not because it is better (that is cognitive dissonance at play) but because it is easier to get through and because of the attraction of the welfare state, where the money that they have earned outside that country can take them far. Taking advantages of the welfare schemes and trying to make a living are two different things.