• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Jocelyn

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her peers and the SG Medical Council disagree with you. Her case is still on. She has been convicted of 94 cases of professional misconduct. Did she break the law? Let's wait for verdict of her appeal.

There are legal and moral responsibilities for a person. Whether she broke the law or not it's for the High Court to judge. But obviously from her initial conviction, SMC surmised that she has broken legally and morally.

LKY defended his obscene pay rise legally as he was able to push it through parliament. that gave him a legal mandate. But he lost the fight morally.

Did you say "has been convicted of 94 cases of professional misconduct". If it is true it seems that's hell alot of instances of professional misconduct? What are the convicted professionasl misconduct? Malpractices? Professional Negligence in the discharge of her medical services? :confused: The gist of her prosecution by the SMC seems to boil down to her how she charges the Sultan in looking after her late sister. You asked the question "Did she break the law?". Well, as you have already said she has been convicted it denoted that she has broken the law if not how can she be classified as such. I know of no learned mind on the bench that has yet to convict her on those 94 cases of professional misconduct. Have I miss out some report. Care to up-date me on it. Much obliged, lady for that up-dating. Thanks :smile:
No quarrel with the first sentence of para 2. Allow me to say that what you said must also apply to the Sultan. Agreed? As for the rest of that para it seems that you hold the notion that she has already been properly convicted through legal process. Remember, SMC only serves as as discipline board and do not have the judicial power of the Court. The only saving grace for SMC is the moral issue. So he who as no sin can cast the first stone, so say Christ. No? I will not go that far as you to view Susan has been duly convicted. You must have your reason to form that view. I can only urge you to be fair to your fellow country woman in this case.
On what you say in the last para, LKY will defend anything that don't speak well of him be it right or wrong. Well, his claimed of that obscene pay indeed if it is lawful will not be a standing joke for all even in the international arena. The only point I am with you is the last sentence of the para. At least we are ad consensus in that thinking. Lets leave it to the one above to adjudge him for what he is worth. There is nothing for us to add and any way what is there to add when it's the truth. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Docs in general lead a hard life in SG ..ask any new MO or docs oin general Hospitals.

Not a bed of roses in private practice too. A small clinic at Mt E goes for more than S$6m. Need to have good business to maintain and sustain the clinic.

Even GPs in SG heartlands are struggling.

Doctors don't stay in general hospitals for long. Soon they will go into private practice. Anyway the general hospital stints give them the working experience to succeed (in Aus, they will probably handle less number of cases).

If they can get a clinic at Mt E, they cannot be doing too badly unless they are actually no bloody good and want to show off.

Those in the heartlands, if they have many patients they may have to work very hard if they want to capture every dollar. I won't call that struggling. TCB is still working as a GP well into his seventies. If he is struggling, don't think he is still doing that.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We must be talking about different things here. You talked about getting your child an Aus citizenship or even bringing up your child in a relaxing Aus environment and put him/her under Aus education system. I say think twice before you do that.

People migrate for quite different reasons, maybe because of education system honestly not because it is better (that is cognitive dissonance at play) but because it is easier to get through and because of the attraction of the welfare state, where the money that they have earned outside that country can take them far. Taking advantages of the welfare schemes and trying to make a living are two different things.

I dont know abt your idea of migration but I will migrate when I hv children because i want them to enjoy their lives. While I hv the means to, why subject them to the SG system which I dont agree with?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you say "has been convicted of 94 cases of professional misconduct". If it is true it seems that's hell alot of instances of professional misconduct? . :biggrin:

Havent u been updated on the latest on Susan?

"SINGAPORE: Surgeon Susan Lim has filed an appeal to the High Court, against the punishment meted out by the Singapore Medical Council (SMC).

Channel NewsAsia understands the SMC has ruled that Dr Lim be suspended from practice for three years, fined S$10,000 and censured in writing.

Channel NewsAsia understands she was found guilty of 94 charges of professional misconduct in July.

The case revolves around overcharging the late sister of the Brunei queen.

Dr Lim's bill for treating Pengiran Anak Hajah Damit over seven months came up to S$25 million.

The patient died of cancer in 2007.

Dr Lim's case has been in the spotlight since 2010, when Singapore's Health Ministry filed charges of professional misconduct with SMC.

Dr Lim's lawyers told Channel NewsAsia in a statement that they would present submissions to the Court on the errors of law and of fact committed by the Disciplinary Committee in reaching its decision.

They want the court to reverse the decision in its entirety.

Channel NewsAsia understands the case will be heard in the second week of January 2013.

- CNA/ck "

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Doctors don't stay in general hospitals for long. Soon they will go into private practice. Anyway the general hospital stints give them the working experience to succeed (in Aus, they will probably handle less number of cases).

If they can get a clinic at Mt E, they cannot be doing too badly unless they are actually no bloody good and want to show off.

Those in the heartlands, if they have many patients they may have to work very hard if they want to capture every dollar. I won't call that struggling. TCB is still working as a GP well into his seventies. If he is struggling, don't think he is still doing that.

I know of some doctors who are struggling with having to service huge loans

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my boss must be damned suay lor to kenna that one nz firm for not delivering according to the contract. refuse to deliver because cost of raw material went up and insist we pay extra.:rolleyes:

Yes..a rare case of KIWI's ungraciousness.

I was in NZ's South island for a holiday in apr 2008. Checked into an acommodation near Franz Josef Glacier. A day after we checked out, I received an e-mail from the owner that a window latch in the room was damaged. I apologised as I didnt know abt that and offered to pay for the damage through my VISA card. After a few days, he wrote back and said.."no need to pay as he was able to get a replacement latch and it didnt cost much"...so nice of him...it's such experiences that endear the KIWIs to foreigners

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
so ...
whose cock(s) are you sucking?
maybe ... slurping is a better
long live pap
more good years ahead

knnbccb .... moron

Finally, the village idiot ConyuConhee has showed up on this thread. Did you have to take time off from fucking your laubu's cheebye to come here?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont know abt your idea of migration but I will migrate when I hv children because i want them to enjoy their lives. While I hv the means to, why subject them to the SG system which I dont agree with?

They can have the most enjoyable childhood but will they be regretting it for the rest of their lives? From what I see it, there are no free lunches in the world anymore. You either earn it or you don't. Even million dollars salaries must be earned or out they go.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They can have the most enjoyable childhood but will they be regretting it for the rest of their lives? From what I see it, there are no free lunches in the world anymore. You either earn it or you don't. Even million dollars salaries must be earned or out they go.

it's not just abt their childhood...it's for their whole lives.

even the seemingly successful people in SG are leading very stressful lives. that's not what I wish for my child.

didnt u read my previous posts abt doctors who are stressed?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know of some doctors who are struggling with having to service huge loans

In all areas of business there will always be some who do very well and others who struggle. Those who do well could have been better in their profession or better in PR and marketing or just pure luck. Those who struggle could have entered the wrong profession, have unrealistic goals (like setting up in an expensive place) or poor marketing in which case they are better off working for somebody.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In all areas of business there will always be some who do very well and others who struggle. Those who do well could have been better in their profession or better in PR and marketing or just pure luck. Those who struggle could have entered the wrong profession, have unrealistic goals (like setting up in an expensive place) or poor marketing in which case they are better off working for somebody.

i am not talking abt outliers..just look at the average Singapore in any industry.

do u think a doctor in aus is as stressed as a doc in SG?

do u think a supermarket cashier in aus is as stressed as a SG cashier?

do u think an aus teacher is as stressed as a SG teacher?

do u think an aus worker is as stressed as a SG worker?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's not just abt their childhood...it's for their whole lives.

even the seemingly successful people in SG are leading very stressful lives. that's not what I wish for my child.

didnt u read my previous posts abt doctors who are stressed?

If you are so certain of that, move yourself first to experience first what it is, rather than wait until you have babies. At least that would not be a rash act.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are so certain of that, move yourself first to experience first what it is, rather than wait until you have babies. At least that would not be a rash act.

i m certain..but i am blessed and i dont have to work if i dont want to. so if i migrate, it's not for myself but for my descendants

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am not talking abt outliers..just look at the average Singapore in any industry.

do u think a doctor in aus is as stressed as a doc in SG?

do u think a supermarket cashier in aus is as stressed as a SG cashier?

do u think an aus teacher is as stressed as a SG teacher?

do u think an aus worker is as stressed as a SG worker?

I agree with you that all these workers in Australia work a lot less but even in Australia workers in larger cities have to work harder than those in smaller towns.

But stress is a relative thing. Some people thrive on work and activity and feel bored if they have not much to do. Others worry about the tiniest of things and get very stressed for it.

I have never been stressed from too much work but a few times in my career, I had felt boredom from settling into a routine that lacked a new challenge and that was when I decided to change job.

I have also heard instances where the grown-up kids of Ozzie birth chose to work in a place like Singapore, birthplace of their parents, because they felt there was nothing happening in their place of birth. Whether, with their background, they could succeed here, I do not know but that keenness to take up challenges was a good start.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with you that all these workers in Australia work a lot less but even in Australia workers in larger cities have to work harder than those in smaller towns.

But stress is a relative thing. Some people thrive on work and activity and feel bored if they have not much to do. Others worry about the tiniest of things and get very stressed for it.

I have never been stressed from too much work but a few times in my career, I had felt boredom from settling into a routine that lacked a new challenge and that was when I decided to change job.

I have also heard instances where the grown-up kids of Ozzie birth chose to work in a place like Singapore, birthplace of their parents, because they felt there was nothing happening in their place of birth. Whether, with their background, they could succeed here, I do not know but that keenness to take up challenges was a good start.

i guess to each his own..as for me, my hubby and I hv made up our minds to migrate shd we have children.

if they choose to come back when they are adults, we will also give them our blessings

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hv been travelling frequently and extensively. i enjoy my lifestyle

Will you be able to do likewise in your adopted country? I know people in many first world countries who hardly travel out of their own country for one reason or another.